The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Linus Karlsson | C

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

That's excellent news Karlsson wants to sign after his season.  He can fill a spot for a guy like Pearson, and for a lot less.  

we need some small wins like this, it really helps to offset that 4+ mil in non-existent goalie money and Jake bucks. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JM_ said:

we need some small wins like this, it really helps to offset that 4+ mil in non-existent goalie money and Jake bucks. 

If you want to cheer up, take a look at Minnesota and Florida's dead money next year. 

I think we will see McDonaugh, Karlsson, and Rathbone get some time with the Canucks next year.  Being able roll a few more rookies into the lineup will be huge.

This is a huge draft for us.  Once these 3 prospects come up, we have very few guys with NHL upside.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, BCNate said:

I think we will see McDonaugh, Karlsson, and Rathbone get some time with the Canucks next year.  Being able roll a few more rookies into the lineup will be huge.

This is a huge draft for us.  Once these 3 prospects come up, we have very few guys with NHL upside.

The combined cost of those three is around $2.2 mil

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Alflives said:

those three definitely help with JR's wanting to make us younger, faster, cheaper.

As long as they can jettison a couple of overpaid vets ( Hamonic was the first to go ) lets hope that Poolman and Hunt hit the bricks. Plus of course too much to dream of seeing OEL and his $7.85 mill hit disapear, that's a lot of Cap space. Think about it OEL money is = to a Boeser contract

Edited by Fred65
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, BCNate said:

No 2nd round pick. Everything after the 2nd seems like a lottery of luck too! Absolutely need to hit on our 1rst round pick! Hopefully everything aligns on BPA being the positional need like the Quinn Hughes year.

8 hours ago, Fred65 said:

The combined cost of those three is around $2.2 mil

I suspect you're at least half a mill too low.

Karlsson will likely get the rookie max after breaking Pettersson's SHL rookie goal record. $925k + 92.5k + bonuses

Lockwood's QO is 787k - call it 800k at best

McDonaugh tied 2nd in NCAA goals. I doubt he'll be far behind Karlsson

For comparison Gaudette had a $916,667 cap hit 5 years ago after winning the Hobey Baker

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Baggins said:

I suspect you're at least half a mill too low.

Karlsson will likely get the rookie max after breaking Pettersson's SHL rookie goal record. $925k + 92.5k + bonuses

Lockwood's QO is 787k - call it 800k at best

McDonaugh tied 2nd in NCAA goals. I doubt he'll be far behind Karlsson

For comparison Gaudette had a $916,667 cap hit 5 years ago after winning the Hobey Baker

Maybe. It was just a figure off the top of my head. The point is you get three players on low salaries

11 hours ago, BCNate said:

Two forwards with really really good shots with Linus being a good playmaker as well.

Both guys need to get with whoever worked with Horvat on his skating. 

If those guys were better skaters they would 100% be blue- chippers and the fact they both have already gotten better who's to say there isn't more to tap? Some of the goals LK snipes literally are carbon copies of goals EP scores, while Aiden reminds me of a slower Kyle Connor, dude just has a knack for scoring goals.

22 hours ago, BCNate said:

McDonaugh prob won't sign this year and as the old story goes in Van their college prospects always have the risk of not signing with us at all, they need to remove that clause and extend the duration of the time the NHL team holds the player's rights by 2 years.