The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Linus Karlsson | C

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

If Canucks sign Karlsson the Swedes will be out numbering the Americans??? Our Canadian boys are being squeezed out. Cannot trade Bo just to keep our quota. 

I think there's a correlation between your scouting strength and where we draft. The late Patrik Jonnson drew from EU and Brackett drew from USJHL/NCAA ? Our  current head of amateur scouting is Todd Harvey so who knows maybe we're in for picks from the CHL :)

Edited by Fred65
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

What's the first deal that we can give Linus? 

Does he need to sign an ELC or is he eligible for a standard contract? 

Standard ELC, people need to remember, as good as he's looking this year, Pettersson set this record as a 19 year old.

I think Carlson fits into 3rd line in the NHL, with offensive upside.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Standard ELC, people need to remember, as good as he's looking this year, Pettersson set this record as a 19 year old.

True.

However he’s also scoring at almost a point per game pace. 

Players his age that score a point a game in the SHL tend to translate quite well to the NHL. Especially if the rest of his game is sound.

But yea if he can become a really good third liner that’s a huge win.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

Oh I'm not getting carried away but I'm just thinking that he may want to wait until he becomes a free agent and then sign a 1 year 1 million dollar deal or something along those lines if he wants to bet on himself.  

5 hours ago, aGENT said:

"Players younger than 25 years of age as of September 15 during the year of their first NHL contract must sign an entry-level contract which have set limitations - all entry-level contracts are two-way contracts and the maximum allowable salary for players drafted until 2022 is $925,000.

The length of the entry-level contract is also dependent on the player’s age:

18-21 years of age: 3 years

22-23 years of age: 2 years

24 years of age: 1 year

Entry-level contracts can still include signing and performance bonuses. Signing bonuses may not exceed 10 percent of the contract’s total compensation, and is paid to players annually. Performance bonuses for entry-level contracts, that are paid by the team and count against the salary cap cannot exceed a maximum of $2,850,000. Performance Bonuses are broken into 2 categories: Schedule A and Schedule B. Schedule A Bonuses may not exceed $212,500 per individual bonus, and $850,000 in total. There are two types of Schedule B Bonuses. League-wide award/trophy bonuses that are paid by the league and are not captured within the actual entry-level contract signed by the player, and player & club agreed upon bonuses, of which the maximum is $2million per season."

As he's 22, any deal he signs will be a 2 year ELC with a maximum $925k base salary and potential bonuses up to a maximum of an additional $2.85m

Thank you, I didn't know this....  

Season 1 Nbc GIF by The Office

9 hours ago, aGENT said:

"Players younger than 25 years of age as of September 15 during the year of their first NHL contract must sign an entry-level contract which have set limitations - all entry-level contracts are two-way contracts and the maximum allowable salary for players drafted until 2022 is $925,000.

The length of the entry-level contract is also dependent on the player’s age:

18-21 years of age: 3 years

22-23 years of age: 2 years

24 years of age: 1 year

Entry-level contracts can still include signing and performance bonuses. Signing bonuses may not exceed 10 percent of the contract’s total compensation, and is paid to players annually. Performance bonuses for entry-level contracts, that are paid by the team and count against the salary cap cannot exceed a maximum of $2,850,000. Performance Bonuses are broken into 2 categories: Schedule A and Schedule B. Schedule A Bonuses may not exceed $212,500 per individual bonus, and $850,000 in total. There are two types of Schedule B Bonuses. League-wide award/trophy bonuses that are paid by the league and are not captured within the actual entry-level contract signed by the player, and player & club agreed upon bonuses, of which the maximum is $2million per season."

As he's 22, any deal he signs will be a 2 year ELC with a maximum $925k base salary and potential bonuses up to a maximum of an additional $2.85m

does any of this affect his waiver status or UFA status?

• 2 weeks later...