The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Linus Karlsson | C

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Pettersson and Miller can play wing. I doubt there's an issue.

I'm suspecting Vcr is putting pieces in place for a Horvat trade. Could be wrong but they've aquired 2 centres and have Karlsson as a winger who has played centre before. Allvin admitted he hasn't spoke to Horvats agent for weeks

On 10/31/2022 at 12:16 PM, Fred65 said:

I'm suspecting Vcr is putting pieces in place for a Horvat trade. Could be wrong but they've aquired 2 centres and have Karlsson as a winger who has played centre before. Allvin admitted he hasn't spoke to Horvats agent for weeks

2 'bubble' centres.do not replace a 58% FO-winning centre.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

On 10/31/2022 at 12:16 PM, Fred65 said:

Horvat has 7 goals in 10 games. Hard to trade him right now for what he’s bringing

miller

garland

pearson

ekman Larson 

can all be traded if this team doesn’t start stepping up on a nightly basis

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 11/2/2022 at 7:02 AM, RetroCanuck said:

Horvat has 7 goals in 10 games. Hard to trade him right now for what he’s bringing

miller

garland

pearson

ekman Larson 

can all be traded if this team doesn’t start stepping up on a nightly basis

Garland is tradeable, but I wouldn’t. The other three have contracts that make them untradeable (Pearson or OEL) or almost untradeable - Miller.

2 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Garland is tradeable, but I wouldn’t. The other three have contracts that make them untradeable (Pearson or OEL) or almost untradeable - Miller.

OEL is near the top of the league in untradeable contracts. It would take a terrible GM to even think of taking that on. 
‘Pearson is tradeable but has been terrible so market not great. Never know though near the deadline with some retention may get mid rounder. 
Miller may actually be fairly tradeable wouldn’t expect 3 major assets like was expecting last year but may get 2 good pieces. 

1 hour ago, DrJockitch said:

OEL is near the top of the league in untradeable contracts. It would take a terrible GM to even think of taking that on. 
‘Pearson is tradeable but has been terrible so market not great. Never know though near the deadline with some retention may get mid rounder. 
Miller may actually be fairly tradeable wouldn’t expect 3 major assets like was expecting last year but may get 2 good pieces. 

Pearson’s 3,25 mil cap hit also accrues 1,5 mil in bonuses in the next two years, can’t imagine anyone wanting at that potential cost considering what he now brings. OEL untradeable without a massive give on our part. Miller got his eight mil per based on the assumption that he is a centre. That premise is now questionable.

In addition, most GMs are leery of trading for guys with concussion problems: Poolman, Dermott - so those contracts may also be unmovable - not pretty.

48 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Pearson’s 3,25 mil cap hit also accrues 1,5 mil in bonuses in the next two years, can’t imagine anyone wanting at that potential cost considering what he now brings. OEL untradeable without a massive give on our part. Miller got his eight mil per based on the assumption that he is a centre. That premise is now questionable.

In addition, most GMs are leery of trading for guys with concussion problems: Poolman, Dermott - so those contracts may also be unmovable - not pretty.

Pears only has another year on his contract and the buyout doesn't look bad.  OEL's contract is looking bad;

especially if he continues to play the way he has. 

I'm not concerned about Miller's performance so far or the fact that he's playing W. It's a long season

and there will be lots of changes with the lines. 

Hopefully the management can find a way to keep Bo. If not, then Miller has to be the 2nd C behind Pete.

I like what Demott brings and hope they keep him.  If not, he is an RFA after this season, so he walks.

The Poolman contract is awful.  He may end up being the new Ferland.

.  .

• Cheers 1

On 11/5/2022 at 7:07 PM, higgyfan said:

Pears only has another year on his contract and the buyout doesn't look bad.  OEL's contract is looking bad;

especially if he continues to play the way he has. 

I'm not concerned about Miller's performance so far or the fact that he's playing W. It's a long season

and there will be lots of changes with the lines. 

Hopefully the management can find a way to keep Bo. If not, then Miller has to be the 2nd C behind Pete.

I like what Demott brings and hope they keep him.  If not, he is an RFA after this season, so he walks.

The Poolman contract is awful.  He may end up being the new Ferland.

.  .

"

"Pears only has another year on his contract and the buyout doesn't look bad.  OEL's contract is looking bad;

especially if he continues to play the way he has."

Pearson has both the rest of this year and next, that is almost two full years.

OEL continues to be a liability in either end and between the blue lines, his only problem is that there is nowhere else to play.

To keep Bo, we could trade Boeser... oh yeah, another 7 mil + contract that is untradeable - better to have let him walk.

Dermott has been essentially useless to the Canucks.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Karlsson's been on fire, I wonder if he gets a call-up here or there or at least you have to think about pencilling him into the bottom-6 next season, even if it's just at wing to start. That 3C hole is gaping open...

We have a ton of forwards this year and Hog/Pod barely get any ice-time as is. 

Let him sizzle in the AHL. 

On 11/5/2022 at 4:26 PM, DrJockitch said:

I'm fine with that, OEL is a solid dman