The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tanner Pearson | #70 | LW

-Vintage Canuck-

42 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Shout out for Pearson, taking on a fight after a big hit on Garland. 

Goes to show you don't need designated fighters on the roster taking up a spot, you just need guys who are willing to show up for the dance regardless if they win or not. Pearson did that tonight.

Got a Gordie Howe hattrick with his assist and empty net goal too!

Pearson's not back to 2019-20 levels, but his recent offensive uptick has definitely put him a higher scoring rate than last year.

2019-20: 0.652 (53 points in 82 games)

2020-21: 0.353 (29 points in 82 games)

2021-22: 0.441 (36 points in 82 games)

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Got a Gordie Howe hattrick with his assist and empty net goal too!

Pearson's not back to 2019-20 levels, but his recent offensive uptick has definitely put him a higher scoring rate than last year.

2019-20: 0.652 (53 points in 82 games)

2020-21: 0.353 (29 points in 82 games)

2021-22: 0.441 (36 points in 82 games)

7 points in his last 9 games too.

He looks a lot better playing away from Horvat, seems to take more initiative in general.

5 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

7 points in his last 9 games too.

He looks a lot better playing away from Horvat, seems to take more initiative in general.

Player of the game in Seattle. I liked the Boeser-Miller-Pearson line. It gives Boudreau more options. 

On 1/2/2022 at 12:27 AM, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Shout out for Pearson, taking on a fight after a big hit on Garland. 

Goes to show you don't need designated fighters on the roster taking up a spot, you just need guys who are willing to show up for the dance regardless if they win or not. Pearson did that tonight.

that is not really true

Pearson won the fight, not by a wide margin, but he won

If he gets schooled it is not helpful for anyone on the team

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I would disagree. Personally, I would feel proud of a teammate who fought to defend me or a teammate, even if he lost the fight. Although I'd love my teammate to win the fight, it's secondary to the idea of standing up for each other.

This was seemingly discouraged under Green. Truly a headscratching trait of a coach that is long gone...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

17 hours ago, lmm said:

that is not really true

It was the other player who wanted to quit the fight. Pearson really tagged him. He didn't go down but he was done. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

18 hours ago, lmm said:

that is not really true

Think its the message it sends within the team... you are not alone, I got you back attitude...

The team will be aware Pearson isn't a slugger, and yet he dropped the mitts to help out his team mate... That's a massive statement to me...

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

It was the other player who wanted to quit the fight. Pearson really tagged him. He didn't go down but he was done. 

26 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Think its the message it sends within the team... you are not alone, I got you back attitude...

The team will be aware Pearson isn't a slugger, and yet he dropped the mitts to help out his team mate... That's a massive statement to me...

its almost like you guys are arguing with me and I am agreeing with you.

I think Pearson stepping up was awesome

I also think Pearson won the fight

so far I think we all agree

what I said was , "IF" ... "if he gets schooled , pounded, bloodied, sent to hospital. THEN the effect is lost

Then the story is that the other team can have their way with your whole roster.

IF Pearson had lost as badly as Soucy (not badly) it still has a positive effect on morale

So, to agree with yous again, you don't have to win the fight, but you have to show up.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, lmm said:

its almost like you guys are arguing with me and I am agreeing with you.

I think Pearson stepping up was awesome

I also think Pearson won the fight

so far I think we all agree

what I said was , "IF" ... "if he gets schooled , pounded, bloodied, sent to hospital. THEN the effect is lost

Then the story is that the other team can have their way with your whole roster.

IF Pearson had lost as badly as Soucy (not badly) it still has a positive effect on morale

So, to agree with yous again, you don't have to win the fight, but you have to show up.

Cheers, no not arguing with you... just damn pleased to see somebody (anybody) stand up for a team mate... Same happiness I felt seeing OEL, another player not known as a fighter, standing up to be counted.

I truly believe the dressing room gets closer big time for it.... 

Hoping to see a tough guy on the 4th line, but still wants the guys to show they are united....

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, spook007 said:

I truly believe the dressing room gets closer big time for it.... 

Hoping to see a tough guy on the 4th line, but still wants the guys to show they are united....

I agree with the first part.

I also agree with the second part to some degree, although I also think it's important in today's NHL to ensure that guy can also pot some points here and there. I also believe that based on the # of fights from year to year that it's basically being phased out and won't likely be a major factor inside the next several years - even if it can make a difference currently. For too long, our bottom 6 has been inadequate and hasn't been able to contribute much on the scoresheet. We saw this year that when our stars are struggling, we just don't have that scoring depth to keep us afloat. So if we did get a fighter for the 4th line, I'm good with it - as long as it isn't a thug and plug like Deslauriers or our recent moved player in MacEwen - both of which have extremely limited upside.

• Vintage 1

11 hours ago, kloubek said:

I agree with the first part.

I also agree with the second part to some degree, although I also think it's important in today's NHL to ensure that guy can also pot some points here and there. I also believe that based on the # of fights from year to year that it's basically being phased out and won't likely be a major factor inside the next several years - even if it can make a difference currently. For too long, our bottom 6 has been inadequate and hasn't been able to contribute much on the scoresheet. We saw this year that when our stars are struggling, we just don't have that scoring depth to keep us afloat. So if we did get a fighter for the 4th line, I'm good with it - as long as it isn't a thug and plug like Deslauriers or our recent moved player in MacEwen - both of which have extremely limited upside.

Yes I agree on that... 
I'm not in favour of some punch bag hanging around, but I wish we had somebody, who could really could throw them... 

I get you point with MacEwan, but the really issue is the cap. A player, who can both play and throw them, doesn't come cheap...

So I guess its some sort of trade off...

To be honest, Its probably a fan thing as well. The players don't seem too intimidated, and just walk away, where as we want blood, when our players get targetted. I still see pictures of Jumbo Joe sticking fingers in the mouth of Henrik, and the rat slapping him around etc...

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, spook007 said:

Yes I agree on that... 
I'm not in favour of some punch bag hanging around, but I wish we had somebody, who could really could throw them... 

I get you point with MacEwan, but the really issue is the cap. A player, who can both play and throw them, doesn't come cheap...

So I guess its some sort of trade off...

To be honest, Its probably a fan thing as well. The players don't seem too intimidated, and just walk away, where as we want blood, when our players get targetted. I still see pictures of Jumbo Joe sticking fingers in the mouth of Henrik, and the rat slapping him around etc...

He's fading a bit in his old age... But perhaps if we do end up trading Miller, and we need to take back some short term cap,  Reaves along with Schneider wouldn't be horrible...

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, aGENT said:

He's fading a bit in his old age... But perhaps if we do end up trading Miller, and we need to take back some short term cap,  Reaves along with Schneider wouldn't be horrible...

Yep something in the direction... I don't know which add on is needed either way, but yes 

Edited by spook007

8 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Sorry JR.... (would actually be an appropriate user name now :) ) Was a little slow... yes something like that or around these lines would be interesting to me... don't know about add ons either way, but the main piece being Miller and Schneider would be what we are after... Reaves could patrol and make it safer for our youngsters...

Imagine Lockwood, Reaves and a traded C-man for Motte (if we can't afford him)... now I see a 4th line that'll do your head in and potentially our D very improved... so yes something like that...

Edited by spook007

25 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Sorry JR.... (would actually be an appropriate user name now :) ) Was a little slow... yes something like that or around these lines would be interesting to me... don't know about add ons either way, but the main piece being Miller and Schneider would be what we are after... Reaves could patrol and make it safer for our youngsters...

Imagine Lockwood, Reaves and a traded C-man for Motte (if we can't afford him)... now I see a 4th line that'll do your head in and potentially our D very improved... so yes something like that...

Yeah, I'd imagine we could get Schneider, Reaves, a first and maybe another prospect or pick for Miller.

Sign Nic Paul this summer and we're laughing.

Maybe move Hamonic as well (I'm getting tired of his spotty availability and his vaccine heel dragging etc) and replace him, short term, with Lyubushkin this summer if they don't think Schneider will be ready. Sign McNabb or similar to play 3LD this summer.

Next year:

Hoglander, Horvat, Boeser

Podkolzin, Pettersson, Garland

Pearson, Paul, Dickinson

Motte, Lammiko, Jasek/Focht/Lockwood etc

OEL, Myers

Hughes, Schneider (Lyubushkin/Hamonic if not ready)

McNabb, Poolman

Rathbone, Schenn, Juulsen, Woo etc as depth.

Hopefully draft Jiricek this summer too.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Yeah, I'd imagine we could get Schneider, Reaves, a first and maybe another prospect or pick for Miller.

Sign Nic Paul this summer and we're laughing.

Maybe move Hamonic as well (I'm getting tired of his spotty availability and his vaccine heel dragging etc) and replace him, short term, with Lyubushkin this summer if they don't think Schneider will be ready. Sign McNabb or similar to play 3LD this summer.

Next year:

Pearson, Paul, Dickinson

Motte, Lammiko, Jasek/Focht/Lockwood etc

OEL, Myers

Hughes, Schneider (Lyubushkin/Hamonic if not ready)

McNabb, Poolman

Rathbone, Schenn, Juulsen, Woo etc as depth.

Hopefully draft Jiricek this summer too.

I really hope they get a hold of someone like Lyubushkin... I feel more than anything we need a big Defensive D-Man... first and foremost... 

Been saying that for a long time... we're looking good going forward, but a big mean crease clearing D-man would really help this group out.

I love Schenn, but would like a big upgrade on him... and feel that would help us big time...McNabb would do well with me....

Next year:

Pearson, Paul, Reaves

Dickinson/Motte , Lammiko, Lockwood

OEL, Myers

Hughes, Lyubushkin/Schneider

McNabb, Poolman

Yes that would look ok with me...

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

I really hope they get a hold of someone like Lyubushkin... I feel more than anything we need a big Defensive D-Man... first and foremost... 

Been saying that for a long time... we're looking good going forward, but a big mean crease clearing D-man would really help this group out.

I love Schenn, but would like a big upgrade on him... and feel that would help us big time...McNabb would do well with me....

Next year:

Pearson, Paul, Reaves

Dickinson/Motte , Lammiko, Lockwood

OEL, Myers

Hughes, Lyubushkin/Schneider

McNabb, Poolman

Yes that would look ok with me...

Might even be able to get McNabb cheap this TDL when they have to find cap for Eichel. But a contender likely rents him.

• Cheers 1