The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Edmonton Oilers | Mar. 07, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

25 minutes ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

What if he is and last game of the season he single handely puts the canucks in the playoffs ??

wouldn't it be ironic if because of Quinn that we miss out on Jack ?   LOL

We would never know ...... but just sayin' for fun.

15 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"You have to ask him. Yeah he's made a few mistakes.. you'll have to ask him." - Green on Pouliot

A FEW MISTAKES - A FEW MISTAKES ???   He and his sidekick Gulbradson (the worst defenseman and player in the entire league) cost us the season !   TG should be fired for downplaying his ineptness.  It proves he is oblivious to what is going on and is complicit in the pooalot disaster!

22 minutes ago, NHTyrany said:

A nice finish to a poor start. Good for the Nucks draft and good for the Coilers draft. I hope we have more muscle next year because it's embarrassing to watch the Nucks get rag dolled by every heavy team. These unpunished liberties will take a toll on our stars.

Been this way for a decade. Canucks can't seem to build toughness into the line up.  

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Been this way for a decade. Canucks can't seem to build toughness into the line up.  

Adding some toughness is going to be critical. Its too bad Kassian probably doesn't want to come back. He would be a nice add to our lineup.

Either way that needs to be addressed, especially now without Gudbranson. 

26 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"I thought he was a horse again tonight especially after all the minutes he played last night. It's not easy logging those minutes, especially on a back-to-back. He's a big part of our team, he has been for a while. He's seen this team go through a lot of good times, and some hard times, and he's been great through it all. We'll see what the future holds, but obviously, from a coach's perspective he's meant a lot to us." - Green on Edler

Reminiscent of a Sweedish Chris Chelios.

16 minutes ago, rychicken said:

In all fairness, many in our local media have become quite swarmy lately....journalism is dead, and spewing nonsensical dribble is the norm...most sound like they are aspiring politicians....

So true!

1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Didn't like kassian smashing our guys. Petey gets crosschecked in the back again. Canucks get pushed around again for the umpteenth year in a row.

Get some toughness already.

The problem with our team toughness is that 16 years of the "soft" sweedish touch leadership has neutered what ever fight was in many players when they arrived here.  It will take a while longer to rid the team of this and put some fight into their souls.  Aside from our very desperate need for a couple of good defensemen and the removal of the deadwood on this team is adding some players with grit - if they can find them out there.

44 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Edler back to playing great hockey again. 

43 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Nice try to make it entertaining, thought it was  good response in third period.

Bloody hell Pouliot needs to be just gone, the guy is brain dead on the ice.  

Really not a fan of Boeser's game.  If he isn't healthy than shut him down for the season, the quality of his game is pretty poor.

38 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Petey got a point. It's a victory in my books.

Book it, @Apricot.

Key points for me are as follows.

1. I was relieved to see Demko come up with a solid game. I was a bit worried that the Canuck D would give up a lot. And Demko was tested early. But a game like this should help his confidence.

2. Great to see EP get on the board again. Kind of an indirect second assist but I'll take it. He did have some chances tonight. I want to see him beat Bure's rookie record of 60 pts and get the Calder of course.

3. Boeser is taking a lot of criticism on CDC despite getting two assists tonight. But I have to agree that his skating does not look good and he made a lot of puckhandling mistakes. You have to wonder about this wrist and his back.

4. Edler was excellent -- playing shutdown all night against McDavid and logging almost 30 minutes. And he comes up with a big goal. I still don't want to sign him to a long term contract but he is obviously the best D on the team right now and it would be a hit to lose him, even with Hughes coming in. 3 years would be reasonable but I can appreciate that he probably wants 4 and I assume that the sticking point is the NTC/NMC issue.

5. McDavid made a couple of great plays to set up two Edmonton goals was always a dominant player when he was on the ice.  He is a guy who is "tough to play against".

6. This game was similar to the Toronto game. The Canucks got down early but made a comeback. Tonight it fell a bit short but just coming back in the third on the second game of back-to-backs with travel in between is impressive.

7. But I am relieved to be sinking down the standings. Comparing the team with Colorado, Toronto, and Vegas (in recent games) it is obvious that the Canucks need two or three more impact players to contend at that level on a consistent basis. Even if Hughes is one of those elite guys, they one more from the 2019 draft and the higher they draft, the more likely they are to get an elite player.  No guarantees, but the higher the better, and it matters quite a bit in the second round as well as the first.

1 minute ago, RU SERIOUS said:

The problem with our team toughness is that 16 years of the "soft" sweedish touch leadership has neutered what ever fight was in many players when they arrived here.  It will take a while longer to rid the team of this and put some fight into their souls.  Aside from our very desperate need for a couple of good defensemen and the removal of the deadwood on this team is adding some players with grit - if they can find them out there.

We could counter Kassian , Lucic and Nurse with ...

Schenn , Rousell and Beagle.

2 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Roussel was an awesome add last summer. Letz hope JB can get at least one more of those this summer.

But how many guys have a motor like that, are willing to get in guys faces, and annoy the crap outta guys lol. Not many. Roussel has been awesome.

15 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Adding some toughness is going to be critical. Its too bad Kassian probably doesn't want to come back. He would be a nice add to our lineup.

Gulbrandson rarely dropped his gloves despite all the hoopla when he first got here.  It was all an illusion and one of the reasons he is gone. (Thank god) aside from officially being the worst defenseman and player in the entire league.

1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Roussel was an awesome add last summer. Letz hope JB can get at least one more of those this summer.

But how many guys have a motor like that, are willing to get in guys faces, and annoy the crap outta guys lol. Not many. Roussel has been awesome.

I agree 100% - he was a good catch!

1 minute ago, JamesB said:

3. Boeser is taking a lot of criticism on CDC despite getting two assists tonight. But I have to agree that his skating does not look good and he made a lot of puckhandling mistakes. You have to wonder about this wrist and his back.

I guess, for the most part, I just don't see all the major gaffs others on here are saying Boeser is making.

I watch him closely. His skating is ok. Those saying it is sub par are wrong imo. 

I think the ones criticizing him are the ones disappointed he is not gonna get 35 goals this season. He is very young coming off a major injury but still scoring goals. 

Haters gonna criticize!!  He is a very good young player imo.

16 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Kass could come back on a stipulation that he stays away from the roxy and 17 year old girls. Other than that we would welcome him back. 

Archived