The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Next 5 years and prospects....

Rate this topic

canucksnihilist

9 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

Why do you keep saying that we didn't have assets to move?   Are you trying to troll or are you just ignoring reality?

Richardson, Matthias, Hamhuis, Vrbata, Bartowski all walked at FA for nothing.

Or Tanev, Edler, Granlund, etc etc etc.  

Who's job is it to bring in saleable assets?  Maybe try signing some free agents that you dont uisjust end up lending to other teams farm systems in the end.

The last 3 seasons at the deadline and the few weeks leading up to the deadline, deals involving 2nd and 3rd round picks alone.. you're telling me we have never had these types of assets? 

There were plenty of other deals I could of added but I tried to keep it simple.  

I've already gone over this deadline a few pages back.

Long story short we pretty much just downgraded Dahlen to Karlsson and traded a 7th for a few weeks of a goalie who is now already signed in the Czech pro league.  We gained a 7th back and a 6th for Nillson and Delzotto, that's good but sorry it's not good enough.  

I. Cole for 3rd

P. Maroon for 3rd

T. Plekanec for 2nd and Rychel

B. Davidson for 3rd

M. Grabner for 2nd after signing one year deal

N. Holden for 3rd

T. Tataaarrrr for 1st, 2nd, 3rd

Vanek for Motte and Jokinen

B. Smith  for  2nd and 3rd 

V. Stalberg  for 3rd         

Mi. Stone for 3rd

R. Hainsey for 2nd

B. Boyle for 2nd

C. Lazar for 2nd

T. Vanek for 3rd

Hansen for lazy reclamation project and two extreme long shots (Palmu, Gunnarson).  Easily could of gotten a 2nd given his track record.  A 2nd is still a long shot but I would of preferred it then and I definitely still would prefer it now

K. Russel for 2nd and prospects.......

E. Gelinas for 3rd

S. Prince for 3rd

JM. Liles for 3rd and 5th

L. Stempniak for 2nd and 4th

D. Winnik for 2nd after signing one year deal

Weise Fleischman for 2nd, Danault

R. Polak for two 2nds and Torres I believe after signing a one year deal

T. Purcell for 3rd

M. Weber for 3rd

Canucks 5th for P. Larsen from Edmonton.  

S. Matthias gets the leafs a 4th despite having a far better year in Vancouver the year before in which he got us nothing and walked.

Hamhuis walks despite the Stars wanting him over Russel.  Like what? 

Still can't believe Roman Polaks got two 2nd's...I'm never gonna get over that one.

Let’s see....so as a GM you would have given up a second or third pick for Mathias, Richardson,Vbata,Bartowski, or for Hamuis as a free agent at that time. 

Sure glad we got JB for our GM. 

• Haha 1

On 5/7/2019 at 12:53 AM, The 5th Line said:

So Benning gets all the credit when we make a good pick, but apparently it's someone else's fault when we miss?   How do we know when Benning is the one pulling the trigger?  When we nail a pick.. of course

Benning would of scouted Pastrnak while in Boston wouldn't he have?  Does Benning actually do much scouting or is this all just completely overblown?  Maybe he's too busy overpaying old free agents and getting pushed around in negotiations to do any amateur scouting.  If he's not the one scouting, what the hell is he doing?  Telling our scouts how to scout?  He was a rookie GM and is still trying to learn on the fly and it just hasn't been working.   

We have no solid hockey people helping him make decisions, we had Linden who himself was a rookie president and he couldn't hack it, now Benning stands alone and answers to Aqualini..we could be doomed.  I hope everybody is strapped in for July 1st it's gonna be fun

It’s posts like these that make the rain that much heavier. As Benning said, he took on the team “post-apex”. That apex took more than ten years to build.

Are you expecting a Cup from a rebuilding team that’s never won one?

Because that’s a dream.

Let him do his thing.

By the way, you get a trophy for that post.

Edited by Me_

1 hour ago, The 5th Line said:

"His thing" has consisted of signing older free agents to multi year deals while hanging on to assets as they diminish in to nothing.  I want a long term plan, that consists of a deep pool of young assets, but instead what we have is a rushed plan with an end goal of playoffs and that seems to be it.  Benning says playoffs will help develop the young players(which it will) but what it also does is add to Bennings resume as a GM who knows how to make the playoffs.  This resume will help him in future business opportunities but will it help our team have long term success?   Teams that properly rebuild sell off all kinds of assets for picks and prospects don't they?  Don't they purposely add bad contracts while at the same time getting young assets in the process? Hasn't this been a known fact for a long time?  Why haven't we taken a single bad contract back from anybody(purposely)?  Why do we give away just as many picks as we bring in?  How is this a rebuild?  We are sucking and drafting relatively high, that's literally all we are doing.  If that's what a rebuild is nowadays then pardon my ignorance I guess?  Somebody better tell all the other bottom feeders they are doing it wrong by adding so many draft picks

Thanks for the trophy.  There should be a cookie icon. Mods, make it happen! 

Gillis depleted the farm, couldn’t draft to save his life and let this team rot instead of selling high. Benning came in to clean it up. 

Benning is drafting his way to a Cup team. Patience. They almost made the playoffs this time around.

Take away major injuries to Sutter, Bärtschi, Edler, Tanev, Boeser (start of season), and Pettersson, the Canucks squeak into the playoffs and everyone is rabid for one round and burning the city down.

They missed by 9 points. An extra year on the kids’ resumes and a redesigned defense may be enough to get back into the playoffs.

Edited by Me_

On 4/5/2019 at 5:02 PM, Jimmy McGill said:

Utica hasn't developed "quality"? what about Demko? Gaudette? Jake? Saunter? Bresbois? and probably Juolevi once we finally get to have a look.

You're also ignoring the potential of MacEwan, Lind and Gadjovich, its too soon to call them busts or that the cupboard is "bare" while they are still in the system.

We also have DiPieto, Woo, Rathbone and whoever we pick this year, and the new crop of college guys we just got all set to make appearances in Utica in the next 1 or 2 seasons.

Not sure what your expectations are, to turn all non-1st rounders into 1st rounders? Utica isn't there to turn every player into a superstar. 

tenor.gif

• Cheers 1

___________ - PETTERSSON - BOESER

PEARSON - HORVAT - ERIKSSON

VIRTANEN - GAUDETTE - LEIVO

SCHALLER - BEAGLE - ____________

EDLER - STETCHER

HUTTON - TANEV

HUGHES - SCHENN

MARKSTROM

DEMKO

(Roussell will not be available to start the season, Pouliot isn’t getting re-signed)

Only Edler, Tanev and Horvat remain from the Gillis regime. 

It isn’t as bad as it sounds. The Vancouver media is making sound like Benning doesn’t know what he’s doing. 

TRADES

Dahlén for Karlsson: too early

Pearson for Gudbranson: beautiful trade

Spooner for Gagner: both players are meh. Hopefully Spooner gets it. He hasn’t been too consistent in the league so far. Gagner needed to move on. So far it’s a wash.

Mazanek for 7th: minor trade

Schenn for Del Zotto: beautiful trade

McKenna, Pratt, 6th for Nilsson, Archibald: Demko was coming up, Archibald expired his stay, McKenna was needed to fill a spot, Pratt was a throw-in. Minor deal, acquired a pick.

Goldobin, 4th for Hansen: Hansen was getting old and wasn’t producing as much as his speed anymore. Tough love from Green will make or break Goldobin. Jury’s out, but Hansen is retired and Goldobin is 23. Acquired a pick.

Dahlén for Burrows: at the time, Burrows was oft injured and was winding down. Dahlén was eventually traded again.

Gudbransson, 5th for McCann, 2nd, 4th: at the time, McCann was seen as a player with an attitude problem and Gudbranson was the Florida wall. It made sense and everyone was wowed. Gudbranson never really fit but no one could’ve predicted that at the time.

Larsen for 5th: nah...

Grandlund for Shinkaruk: Shinkaruk never made it. He’s still young but his entitled attitude is keeping him back.  Grandlund at least had one good year though he’s oft injured and time is running out. But at least he can play; unlike Shinkaruk.

Etem for Jensen: both players were intriguing in their own merit. Etem was projected to be a cheap Evander Kane. It just didn’t work.

Sutter, 3rd for Bonino, Clendenning, 2nd: if there’s one that stings, it may be that one. Bonino went on to quietly continue a pretty stellar career. Sutter is oft injured but when he plays, the team is much better. If only he could stay healthy.

Prust for Kassian, 5th: Kassian had run his stay and had substance abuse problems. Prust fit in perfectly until his ankle got decimated.

2nd pick for Bieksa: the Canucks were finally committing to rebuilding and Bieksa was slowing down. Acquired a pick.

7th for McNally: nowhere to be found. Acquired a pick.

3rd, 7th for Lack: Lack sounded shaken in life. Awkward goalie personality? Maybe. The last debated piece of the Luongo Era; case closed. Acquired picks.

Conacher for Jeffrey: minor

Bärtschi for 2nd: Bärtschi may have to retire early because of concussion symptoms. However, this is not player-agent GM Gillis’ team. From the end-of-season interview, it looks like Benning won’t pull a Malholtra on Bärtschi. A 2nd well spent.

Clendenning for Forsling: at the time Clendenning had more ready-upside than Forsling: The Canucks may have given up too fast on Forsling who is still only 22 years old. 

Mallet, 3rd for Pedan: Pedan is a big player who plays really small. The gentlest or all giants. Canucks got a 3rd. 

Acton for Lain: minor hockey trade

Vey for 2nd: Vey performed ok but got seriously derailed by some very disturbing family matters. End of story.

Sbisa, Bonino, 1st, 3rd for Kessler, 3rd: Benning pulled magic out of Anaheim. Kessler gave a massive list of two destinations to be traded to. Unbelievably selfish diver player. The Canucks drafted McCann and Tryamkin.

Dorsett for 3rd: great trade. Dorsett went on to be a fan favorite. But his career was shortened by a serious unrecoverable neck injury. Early retirement. Unpredictable.

Garrison, Costello, 7th for 2nd: Benning’s first trade as GM. The Canucks desperately needed a bruising defenseman. Let’s call this one an out-of-the-gate stumble.

UFA’s

2014-15

Miller: great hockey

Vrbata: spoiled b....

Kassian: substance abuse problems

Weber: small but fast and versatile

Tanev: Canuck 

Vey: audition

Dorsett: only tough guy at the time

Sbisa: very weak defense by the time

Kenins: right...

Sautner: just starting to put it together

Hutton: just arrived this year

2015-16

Bärtschi: points producer but oft injured

Vey: Desjardins guy

Bartkowski: filler and didn’t work out

Weber: yet again

Markstrom: massive year this year

Craknell: serviceable enough, nothing special

Corrado: total joke #Canucks #Leafs

Clendenning: filler

Sutter: obvious signing

Brisebois: starting to come around

Zalewski: not really anything there

Biega: serviceable pitbull

Tryamkin: tired of Russia

2016-17

Stetcher: reliable defenseman

Rodin: mistake

Granlund: oft injured

Bärtschi: points producer again

Etem: nothing there

Eriksson: fail

Larsen: no

Markstrom: finally paying off

Pedan: filler

Skille: don’t even remember the guy

Hutton: paying off

MacEwen: starting to make some noise

Shore: minor

Chatfield: Utica for now

Molino: minor

2017-18

Pedan: routine, last chance

Holm: wash

Gudbranson: no-brainer but expensive 

Rodin: didnt work out

Gagner: made sense at the time

Del Zotto: what couldn’t be

Weircioch: filler

Burmistrov: nothing

Nilsson: needed a backup

Vanek: was ok, is better in the East

Horvat: was coming along

Gadjovich: ripped it in the OHL, hopefully translates to the pros 

Archibald: routine signing

Gudbranson: extension

Biega: pit bull insurance policy

Lind: ripped the WHL. Hopefully translates into pros

Sautner: still around

Gaudette: about to break into pros full time

2018-19

Pettersson: elc

Palmu: elc

DiPietro: elc

Boucher: filler

Bachman: Utica

Granlund: routine contract but may not be re-signed

Pouliot: had some good upside but fell out of favour, won’t be re-signed

Schaller: worst of the three 2018 UFAs signed, may come around next year 

Roussel: good bang for the buck; Burrows-style

Beagle: unsung captain

Bärtschi: routine signing, points producer

Archibald: Utica toughness

Stetcher: good signing

Virtanen: questions as to where he’ll end up on the depth chart. Has all the tools but must take it seriously

Eliot: elc

Leighton: Utica

Hughes: elc

Teves: out of University

Kielly: young goaltender

Rafferty: elc

Edited by Me_
  • Upvote 1

On 4/23/2019 at 11:46 AM, oldnews said:

Because it does not mean a goddamn thing.  You draft the best players period - not a single consideration should go to whether they will make Utica more competitive or not.

Having a powerhouse AHL like the Chicago Wolves were in the past (I haven’t followed them at all for a while so I can’t comment about them today) also didn’t mean they were a team with blue chip prospects.  In fact, they were often stacked with AHL vets. (a team of such MEN would often destroy a team full of essentially guys just a year or two out of being a teenager (not just physically immature but mentally as well).  What you want is a decent balance of both (much like a rebuilding NHL team).  Seems like the problems of that the Comets stem from the “vets” there being of questionable value (or not enough of them are any good) and NOT the prospects there themselves.

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Having a powerhouse AHL like the Chicago Wolves were in the past (I haven’t followed them at all for a while so I can’t comment about them today) also didn’t mean they were a team with blue chip prospects.  In fact, they were often stacked with AHL vets. (a team of such MEN would often destroy a team full of essentially guys just a year or two out of being a teenager (not just physically immature but mentally as well).  What you want is a decent balance of both (much like a rebuilding NHL team).  Seems like the problems of that the Comets stem from the “vets” there being of questionable value (or not enough of them are any good) and NOT the prospects there themselves.

I think their principal problem is simply that they are a feeder team for an NHL club that suffered a whole lot of injuries - and therefore the trickle down effect on Utica is obvious and equally deep, including their own key losses (like Juolevi) to injuries.  Bottom line - no team drafts for it's AHL club - that's nonsense - the AHL is a development league - results there are always subordinate to their NHL club - and not a single player cares because the goal of every single one of them is to use the AHL as a stepping stone.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

@Me_ you are all over the place with that post.  You are including guys like Hutton, Markstrom and Horvat etc who have nothing to do with the moves Benning has made.  Saying things like Prust and Gagner were the perfect fit?  Just wrong.  Mallet and 3rd for Pedan how did we get a 3rd out of that?  Pouliot.. we gave up Pedan a 4th + the 3rd we gave up for Pedan = 3rd, 4th + Pedan for Pouliot.  It was Jensen + 6th for Etem. It doesn't matter if the deals looked good at the time..if they didn't work out they didn't work out

Basically you listed the same things I have, a bunch of trades that didn't work out or are to minor for anyone to even care about.  At the end of the day both our AHL and NHL clubs are lacking and we don't have a large group of secondary prospects pushing through.

Really...you need to clean your 20/20 hindsight glasses. Just water that went under the bridge (i suspect that’s where you watched it go by) long ago. 

Glad we have Benning going forward. :bigblush:

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

At the end of the day both our AHL and NHL clubs are lacking and we don't have a large group of secondary prospects pushing through.

16 minutes ago, Tomatoes11 said:

Lol man. People here are hopeless if they list all this rathbone and people that might not even make the NHL as bonafide blue chip prospects. Wow. 

At this point of the rebuild we’re sitting at a top 3 prospect pool and back to back Calder trophy finalists.  

Next year we could have both Hughes and Demko up for the Calder as well.  

The pool should remain deep with the number 10 plus a couple extra depth picks.  I’d be surprised if JB doesn’t make a splash to try and add other pick or two for the home crowd. 

Honestly, it might be time to move on from griping about 2014/2015. Things are looking up.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

On 5/9/2019 at 4:19 AM, The 5th Line said:

Why do you keep saying that we didn't have assets to move?   Are you trying to troll or are you just ignoring reality?

Richardson, Matthias, Hamhuis, Vrbata, Bartowski all walked at FA for nothing.

not sure if serious

The first two players you name - Richardson and Matthias expired in a year this team made the playoffs.  Get real if you think any team is renting players at the deadline in the midst of a 101 pt season.

Hamhuis' broken face, limiting clause, and deadline adventure is well documented - and not worth revisiting as if you could have extracted something out of that situation.

Vrbata had no interest in going to a playoff team - period - everyone knows/knew that = a non-starter.

Bartkowski?  Really not sure if serious.  44 NHL games over the last four seasons - AHL tweener and again, you expected him to be rented in 2015 heading into the playoffs? 

And you're asking if Agent is trolling? 

If that's what you consider Benning's hit list of missed opportunities, you're making a horrible case.

Edited by oldnews
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Acquiring one mid round 1st in any of the last 3 years could have made a big difference in our prospect pool now. In any of those years, we could have had some really good players.

2016: McAvoy, Chychrun, Fabbro, Borgstrom

2017: Necas, Suzuki, Foote, Brannstrom, Valimaki, Liljegren, Vaakanainen, Norris, Thomas, Chytil, Vesalainen, Poehling, Jokiharju, Frost

2018: Dobson, Farabee, Denisenko, Kaut, Smith, Kupari, Merkley, Miller, Veleno, Sandin

Look at how many good defensemen are available after 10th overall. Landing any one of those defenseman would change our current situation significantly. Was Tanev worth it any of those years? Would moving him really have made our team that much worse? Would you rather have any one of those defensemen? I know my answer.

That's probably Benning's biggest failure in my opinion. Not selling on assets (Tanev specifically) to get another 1st was terrible vision and it's more frustrating when we as fans can see it coming but the ones getting paid to run the show either can't or don't do anything about it. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

Benning has not done a good enough job acquiring young assets imo and it makes no sense to me how anyone can disagree but to each their own.  None of his free agent signings has been moved for anything valuable, just 6th and 7ths, that's wasted money at this point.  Hell, even some of our signings have gone on to help other organizations while still under contract with us.

I agree JB needs to do a better job in getting more picks.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, ilduce39 said:

Next year we could have both Hughes and Demko up for the Calder as well.  

I don’t see either playing enough games or play in a big enough role to be in contention for that (though who knows as Binnington didn’t that many starts this season).  Our blueline isn’t remotely strong enough to have an undersized rookie play a top 4 role next season.  He’ll probably be a great player for us in the future as he both physically and mentally matures but that will take time.

Other than The 5th Line’s posts for what our prospects actually look like concerning the foreseeable future, there isn’t much substance in the posts in the thread attempting to counter those opinions.

I think we might have some consensus in here about the odds of our next wave of prospects’ chances at becoming serviceable NHLers. Maybe not. I’m used to seeing conflation and optimism in place of objectivity in this forum, so I’m surprised and even impressed by that. 

At this stage of the rebuild, I’d have expected the Comets to de dominating the AHL. Many of the stud prospects, mainly the high 1st rounders, are already on the big club and as it should be in those cases, so I know they suffer from that, but that doesn’t excuse the rest of the draft products over JB’s tenure. 

IIRC, our listed ‘top prospects’ are actually relatively “old” compared to the top 5 of rival clubs, which helps legitimizes the conversation concerning the next tiers’ chances, IMO. However, if I’m being honest, I will take the superstars we have in the NHL over an AHL Cup. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I don’t see either playing enough games or play in a big enough role to be in contention for that (though who knows as Binnington didn’t that many starts this season).  Our blueline isn’t remotely strong enough to have an undersized rookie play a top 4 role next season.  He’ll probably be a great player for us in the future as he both physically and mentally matures but that will take time.

I hear you.. It’s no sure thing by any means but Hughes will likely get some votes just based on point totals.  

I think he works his way to the 2nd pairing with significant PP time and O zone starts with the Pettersson line.  “Easier” minutes, especially if we can find him a decent partner in that role. He could score 30-45 doing that and should end up in the conversation as a rookie, IMO. Bonus points because he’ll make some highlight worthy plays to broaden his exposure.

Demko would need something to go wrong with Marky and THEN have a Calder worthy season behind weak D.  It’s a much longer shot, for sure, but he sure looked good his last few starts.

I’m not saying either are going to win the Calder.. but I’m not just naming some random rookies either.  These guys have the pedigree and played at times last season at a Calder-conversation level.  It’s exciting.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Acquiring one mid round 1st in any of the last 3 years could have made a big difference in our prospect pool now. In any of those years, we could have had some really good players.

2016: McAvoy, Chychrun, Fabbro, Borgstrom

2017: Necas, Suzuki, Foote, Brannstrom, Valimaki, Liljegren, Vaakanainen, Norris, Thomas, Chytil, Vesalainen, Poehling, Jokiharju, Frost

2018: Dobson, Farabee, Denisenko, Kaut, Smith, Kupari, Merkley, Miller, Veleno, Sandin

Look at how many good defensemen are available after 10th overall. Landing any one of those defenseman would change our current situation significantly. Was Tanev worth it any of those years? Would moving him really have made our team that much worse? Would you rather have any one of those defensemen? I know my answer.

That's probably Benning's biggest failure in my opinion. Not selling on assets (Tanev specifically) to get another 1st was terrible vision and it's more frustrating when we as fans can see it coming but the ones getting paid to run the show either can't or don't do anything about it. 

Agree Tanev is the only meaningful asset Benning has particularly missed the boat on.

And even then, you have to give him a bit of a Mulligan given that the Vegas ED tanked D trade values RIGHT when we should have moved him. And he's basically been injured any other time we would have moved him the last few years.

It's not so much a 'failure' as just &$#@ luck.

This being his contract year, I'd imagine (barring an extension) that comes to a head. But up until now, if all Benning was being offered was say a late 3rd or similar for an injured Tanev, we were probably better off just retaining him, particularly given our right D depth.

Beyond that, all this whining about Bartowski et al, is just mind numbing:blink: We're not in fact another 6th-7th round pick or two away from contention. The premise is beyond laughable.

While depth/support players are important, rebuilds are largely built in the backs of first round picks and even then predominately ones from the first half of the round. You hope you find the odd late 1st/ early 2nd gem every couple drafts (and the odd complimentary guy in between) and you cross your fingers some of your 3rd and later guys make some sort of NHL contribution but the 5th and later picks we're talking about 'missing out on' here, are lotto tickets. Again we're not another Gaudette or Brisebois away from contention, and even those guys look like they're out performing their statistical odds. Chances are those couple extra 'Bartowski' picks equate to exactly the same thing we ended up with by keeping him. Nothing.

Thankfully, I think we're finally getting the organizational depth and youth coming in to actually start moving guys like Sutter, Tanev etc for picks (or other assets). And soon we may even have redundant youth to move for even better returns. Times, they are a changing.

13 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

@fakenews

Fair points on Richardson, Mathias and Bartowski but it's not like playoff teams never move out assets at the deadline.  Especially when we had recently just given up a 2nd, maybe try to recoup something?

The Hamhuis situation is well documented and it's documented that Benning didn't pull the trigger because he wasn't happy with the return so Dallas said F you then and took Russel instead.   Something is better than nothing in this case.  Take the second and run

Bartowski was no good you're right, but I listed players who weren't exactly all stars.  Shane Prince for example.  Ever heard of him?  No, me neither.

Vrbata scored 30 goals, Benning should learn how to move players when the time is right..what about Tanev..Granlund after we propped up his totals with the Sedins.  Benning has not done a good enough job acquiring young assets imo and it makes no sense to me how anyone can disagree but to each their own.  None of his free agent signings has been moved for anything valuable, just 6th and 7ths, that's wasted money at this point.  Hell, even some of our signings have gone on to help other organizations while still under contract with us.

I thought there was also a deal in place with the Caps as well that Benning pitched to Hamhuis but Hamhuis declined to move out east.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

No he missed out on a heck of a lot more than Tanev. Try.

hamhuis

vanek should have taken a pick instead of freaking mottes Clamato or Leipsic on a pig or whichever hack we got.

kassian should have gotten a lot more than Prust and shouldn’t have included a pick. That was flat out bad.

dahlen should have gotten more.

edler should have been traded before his NTC kicked in

baertschi and Granlund should have been moved ages ago.

basically, the years we missed the playoffs, which was all 6 of his years except one, should have saw us making the Hansen for Goldie and Burrows for Dahlen type moves. Every single year we should have been sellers on EVERYTHING Horvat and older.

could have been Miller, Edler, tanev, hamhuis, Hutton, sutter, sedins even etc whatever should have been fair game. 

How hard is it for his fan boys to see that he was more of a buyer than a seller and that’s just the wrong move no matter how much you try to spin it.

Heck, even Kesler should have snagged at least Theodore but that idiot wanted roster players instead.

Edited by Tomatoes11
  • Upvote 1

On 5/10/2019 at 4:28 PM, spur1 said:

Really...you need to clean your 20/20 hindsight glasses. Just water that went under the bridge (i suspect that’s where you watched it go by) long ago. 

Glad we have Benning going forward. :bigblush:

How about if the team misses the playoffs again, do you think Benning will still be here?