The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Travis Hamonic

There is speculation that the Calgary Flames are looking to move either TJ Brodie or Travis Hamonic to make way for some of their younger talent.  Travis Hamonic is a 28 year old, right shot d-man that comes with a cap hit of 3.8 million for the next two seasons.  While he may not be able to play in a top pairing he does bring a reliable d-man with some grit to our team.  I think Calgary is interested in adding to their prospect pool more then anything so maybe something like the following works:

To Vancouver: Travis Hamonic

To Calgary: Michael Dipietro, 2020 3rd round pick

14 minutes ago, laddie said:

There is speculation that the Calgary Flames are looking to move either TJ Brodie or Travis Hamonic to make way for some of their younger talent.  Travis Hamonic is a 28 year old, right shot d-man that comes with a cap hit of 3.8 million for the next two seasons.  While he may not be able to play in a top pairing he does bring a reliable d-man with some grit to our team.  I think Calgary is interested in adding to their prospect pool more then anything so maybe something like the following works:

Calgary gave up a 1st and two 2nds to get Hamonic.  I doubt your offer moves the needle for them. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

10 minutes ago, laddie said:

I would do that trade but I suspect Calgary gets a better offer. Calgary gave up a 1st and two 2nd's to get him 2 years ago so they are likely looking to recoup more of their assets than your trade offer.

1 hour ago, laddie said:

We're a rebuilding team. We shouldn't be giving up picks and prospects for hamonic.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rick Blight said:

I would do that trade but I suspect Calgary gets a better offer. Calgary gave up a 1st and two 2nd's to get him 2 years ago so they are likely looking to recoup more of their assets than your trade offer.

Benning got a 2nd round pick for a broken down Garrison (who also had a NTC).  Calgary will get more than that at or near the trade deadline if they can wait that long (he has no trade protection clause).

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

13 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Benning got a 2nd round pick for a broken down Garrison (who also had a NTC).  Calgary will get more than that at or near the trade deadline if they can wait that long (he has no trade protection clause).

I think Calgary is shopping Brodie and Hamonic to free up money to sign Tkachuk. If that is so, they are likely trying to get something done before July 1st.

no-deal-stamp-text-inside-illustration-108503171.jpg.0a9f6826673b4839697769cdd8f1949d.jpg

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 6string said:

no-deal-stamp-text-inside-illustration-108503171.jpg.0a9f6826673b4839697769cdd8f1949d.jpg

Says cowtown.

If they'd take Dipietro and a 3rd for Hamonic... you take that deal and run like hell.

It's not like I'm a huge Hamonic fan by any stretch, but he's worth far more than a prospect keeper and a 3rd.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, 6string said:

Short term only ( Hamonic ) but I stll wanna see if Chatfield has NHL game in him....

He's looked promising at camp the last two years, Woo coming down the pipe after him. Chat should get a call up this season, or even displace Bulldog, but Hamonic isn't just some unproven rookie. He has game. The West might not be the best fit for him though.

He's still worth a lot more that MDp and a 3rd. Dudes got game. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, luckylager said:

He's looked promising at camp the last two years, Woo coming down the pipe after him. Chat should get a call up this season, or even displace Bulldog, but Hamonic isn't just some unproven rookie. He has game. The West might not be the best fit for him though.

He's still worth a lot more that MDp and a 3rd. Dudes got game. 

Last night I mentioned Collin Miller of Vegas in a post about acquiring ( seems to be available ), both Hamonic and Miller have about the same salary.

Miller seems to have more offensive upside and toughness, Vegas are hard against the cap and maybe we can make a move there?

21 minutes ago, 6string said:

Last night I mentioned Collin Miller of Vegas in a post about acquiring ( seems to be available ), both Hamonic and Miller have about the same salary.

Miller seems to have more offensive upside and toughness, Vegas are hard against the cap and maybe we can make a move there?

Pretty sure I beer'd you on that too. Miller is a good target.

I'm just saying you guys are undervaluing Hamonic. And by a hell of a lot.

Seriously - a standout Jr. goalie and a third round pick for a top 4 NHL proven RH dman... And you say "No"?! 

Calgary says less than no. End call. 

I'd do that trade in a heartbeat, but I'm a Canucks fan.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Pretty sure I beer'd you on that too. Miller is a good target.

I'm just saying you guys are undervaluing Hamonic. And by a hell of a lot.

Seriously - a standout Jr. goalie and a third round pick for a top 4 NHL proven RH dman... And you say "No"?! 

Calgary says less than no. End call. 

I'd do that trade in a heartbeat, but I'm a Canucks fan.

Pretty much this. A trade for Hamonic would at least have to involve similar value to a least a mid to late 1st rounder and a 2nd. Anything less than that and we pull that trigger faster than Calgary and take off their cowboy hats to scratch their heads.

Edited by The Lock