The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

June 10 2019 Benning Media Availability

Rate this topic

JamesB

45 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

What are you talking about? 

Loui answered the questions from the journalist and didn't whine abit. 

And threw his coach under the bus. That's whining.

The header is what people remembers and that was from the journalist to get viewers... 

The Dahlen issue is something I know to little about. But I know that Benning defended himself instead of just make some general, neutral comments so he is not fit to be a GM

And look where Dahlen is heading to....Please, stop making excuses for the kid.

What Benning did so wrong with Loui is that he should have kept his mouth shut and put the blame on the journalist. Instead he questions his own player... Benning is Not fit to be the head of a top organisation. 

Why should Benning blame a journalist for writing an article? What Eriksson stated was clearly indicating that he wasn't happy with his deployment (never taking ownership of his play) knowing that it would be published. Benning is going to talk to Eriksson what the issue is, possibly with Green. That's not questioning his player (and Eriksson's play leaves a lot of question marks). That is being a mature and responsible GM and speaking to the player first about their discontent rather than blaming them in front of the media or fanbase.

Sorry Timra, but the onus falls on the players here. Dahlen for not bringing his best and thinking that he's owed ice time because of his last name and affiliation with Petterson, and Eriksson for failing to bring any consistency to the offensive side of his game.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Eriksson was given a chance with various players throughout last season to develop some consistency. He had a couple of standout games (multipoint) and then a slew of games where he didn't look engaged at all.

Eriksson, being on of the veteran players on the team, wasn't bringing a consistent level to his game. Players like Beagle and Roussel brought a consistent level of play every shift, same with the likes of Horvat, Petterson, Markstrom, and Edler.

Not that I'm disagreeing with you, his play has been less than stellar.  But, he is an offensive minded player and he hasn't had a consistent chance at playing with offensive minded players.........at least not last year.  Again, I agree with you for the most part, but I can see LE's side of it too.......to some degree.

Just now, Timråfan said:

Please take the article and show where Loui threw Green under the bus. 

Go to the Loui Eriksson thread and read the article yourself.....oh wait...…...you'll just blame Benning and Green. Not interested.

13 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I guess a few of us do as we have been trolled into this discussion with you.

I think a lot of you fans have a hard time to get behind your players. 

And who trolls... I have to answer the same $&!# from multiple posters. 

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Go to the Loui Eriksson thread and read the article yourself.....oh wait...…...you'll just blame Benning and Green. Not interested.

I think you can't tell me where he trew Green under the bus because you only read through google translate... 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Please take the article and show where Loui threw Green under the bus. 

It's in the Loui thread.  Regardless of how we interpret what Loui said, or what Loui meant when he said it, JB stated that Travis Green was going to talk to Loui about the comments.  From the Canuck's point of view, what Loui said was insulting.  

9 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

You have a hard time separating facts from fiction. 

If I talk about how the head of an organisation handles a problem it's not about a swedish player except that I read the article in the right context because I understand both questions and answers. Most people here use google translate and it's not a good idea. If Benning himself used Google transöate he should be fired instantly. 

I don't think Loui had a good WC.

Jim did the right thing... Got any other  examples then? To me his dealing with two entitled players and he took the coaches side in both cases. Dahlen put down Utica coaching and Loui threw Green under the bus. 

Just now, stawns said:

Not that I'm disagreeing with you, his play has been less than stellar.  But, he is an offensive minded player and he hasn't had a consistent chance at playing with offensive minded players.........at least not last year.  Again, I agree with you for the most part, but I can see LE's side of it too.......to some degree.

I hear you, stawns. Loui as a penalty killer is a solid contributor. He's needed to provide more offense since he signed the contract, and hasn't been able to produce. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Loui got looks with all four lines, starting with Petterson and couldn't muster a point in seven games.

A lot of the players were moved around and the line blender was buzzing, no doubt. I just found that other players on the team were far more adaptable when moved than Eriksson was. Much like Vrbata.

Obviously, there are two sides to the story, but Eriksson over a 3 year sample, isn't looking that great at all, in my humble opinion.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Timråfan said:

I think a lot of you fans have a hard time to get behind your players. 

And who trolls... I have to answer the same $&!# from multiple posters. 

:lol: LOL.   I have a hard time getting my the players?   I am very supportive of the players - at all levels.   If you can find somewhere I have not supported someone who wanted to be a Vancouver Canuck and who is in their system, please enlighten me.    If a player feels entitled or otherwise not a fit with the organization, I have been around the game long enough to know that the faster you cut ties with that player the better.    Even then you get behind them....and push.

You are not answering anything.   You are spewing the same vitriol about the Canuck management as an anonymous poster from your lair.   We get you are not a fan of Benning - you have some who will certainly agree with you but how many times do you need to spill the hate into any number of threads?   How many times do you need to invent drama and then blame Benning?   How many times?    I guess as many as you have - and likely more to come (sorry, I tend to ask rhetorical questions when talking with someone I feel has an agenda).   :)

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

I think you can't tell me where he trew Green under the bus because you only read through google translate... 

The only thing you can think about is how poorly your Loui and Jonathon have been treated by Benning. Any concern for players that aren't Swedish?

Again, do your own work. I've explained it before, and don't see a need to explain myself to a myopic misanthrope.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

It's in the Loui thread.  Regardless of how we interpret what Loui said, or what Loui meant when he said it, JB stated that Travis Green was going to talk to Loui about the comments.  From the Canuck's point of view, what Loui said was insulting.  

And as I said in that thread Loui talked about that he, not Green, had to work hard... I don't remember any throwing under the bus. 

The only thing is that he spoke of how he was used more defensively. How bad is that? 

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

The only thing you can think about is how poorly your Loui and Jonathon have been treated by Benning. Any concern for players that aren't Swedish?

Again, do your own work. I've explained it before, and don't see a need to explain myself to a myopic misanthrope.

This post from you is clearly trolling me so...  DelPietro, Pouliot but Gudbranson is a bit harder. 

B)

8 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

:lol: LOL.   I have a hard time getting my the players?   I am very supportive of the players - at all levels.   If you can find somewhere I have not supported someone who wanted to be a Vancouver Canuck and who is in their system, please enlighten me.    If a player feels entitled or otherwise not a fit with the organization, I have been around the game long enough to know that the faster you cut ties with that player the better.    Even then you get behind them....and push.

You are not answering anything.   You are spewing the same vitriol about the Canuck management as an anonymous poster from your lair.   We get you are not a fan of Benning - you have some who will certainly agree with you but how many times do you need to spill the hate into any number of threads?   How many times do you need to invent drama and then blame Benning?   How many times?    I guess as many as you have - and likely more to come (sorry, I tend to ask rhetorical questions when talking with someone I feel has an agenda).   :)

I don't have to invent anything. It's only sad that you think a GM should act like Benning. 

I answer more than the usual poster so I don't get what you're talking about. 

But it's sure interesting to know if the club spends money to spin on fan forums. 

Edited by Timråfan
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

And as I said in that thread Loui talked about that he, not Green, had to work hard... I don't remember any throwing under the bus. 

The only thing is that he spoke of how he was used more defensively. How bad is that? 

I'm just saying that JB said Green was going to talk to Loui about the comments.  If there wan't a problem, then there would be no need for the talk, right?  It's how the Canuck's perceive what Loui said that's important.

3 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

This post from you is clearly trolling me so...  DelPietro, Pouliot but Gudbranson is a bit harder. 

B)

Trolling? Nope. Telling you like it is. You don't like it? That's unfortunate.

Everyone felt bad for DiPietro. Pouliot? That's funny. Again, another player who is clearly out of his element in the NHL, and has a systematic problem defending in the NHL, and who was woefully inconsistent offensively.

I liked what Gudbranson brought, but did see that he, much like Pouliot, wasn't the best defenseman from a stay at home sense. He admitted that he was never able to find his game here, so I prefer that he's gone.

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I'm just saying that JB said Green was going to talk to Loui about the comments.  If there wan't a problem, then there would be no need for the talk, right?  It's how the Canuck's perceive what Loui said that's important.

And the organisation should be more professional when handling these kind of issues. The way Benning answered the questions is interpreted by the fans in a negative way. That alone speaks volimes... 

Edited by Timråfan
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Timråfan said:

I don't have to invent anything. It's only sad that you think a GM should act like Benning. 

But it's sure interesting to know if the club spends money to spin on fan forums. 

Uh, ok.  :lol:  You are not just trolling - you are hilarious so kudos on that point.   Love the shtick.  The usual "anti-Benning" troll isn't nearly as inventive.   

Congrats on raising the bar.    Chuck and I are very impressed.   :)

You-sir-are-ridiculous--And-are-clearly-

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

But it's sure interesting to know if the club spends money to spin on fan forums

More speculation and Benning bashing coming up. Shocker!

• Upvote 1