The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumour: Canucks very active in trade market (Canucks looking at D options)

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Edler - Tanev

Ghost - Stecher

Hughes - Schenn (or a FA)

You literally just posted this lineup in the thread an hour ago...  :rolleyes:

Game three before 3/6 of those wussies are hurt? I couldn't resist.

Edited by -AJ-
Please refrain from using profane language.

Benning going to go down the same road the oilers did, give up good you g developing players for veteran d men. 

To bad he won’t just build through the draft (like he said) now we will give up some of the future for a job saving band aid trade that like most of his deals won’t work out. 

We aren’t close to cup contender so it makes no sense. But then Again not much Jim does makes sense. 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 2

3 minutes ago, combover said:

Benning going to go down the same road the oilers did, give up good you g developing players for veteran d men. 

To bad he won’t just build through the draft (like he said) now we will give up some of the future for a job saving band aid trade that like most of his deals won’t work out. 

We aren’t close to cup contender so it makes no sense. But then Again not much Jim does makes sense. 

Did JB just make a trade for an older D man (and gave up young assets for) that I missed?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Pears said:

Risto would be perfect. Big, right shot, can put up points and is only 24. It would take a haul to get him though. 

I don’t know how coveted Risto is though.  Yes, he’s big, and can put up points, but he’s minus A LOT every year.  I would like JB to get Risto, but only for a fair price.  Some say Risto is not very hockey smart.  Sabre fan can fill us in with more about that.

i was thinking a Gaudette for Risto trade could be fair.   

• Haha 1

Here's my take which is slightly coated in deck beersh.

Tanev and Edler need to move on. Maybe not this summer but it's time.

Stetcher is redundant with Hughes.

They need a bomb back there so.....

Nothing strong drafting and time my friends. And a lotta Woo!

Edited by Chris12345

1 minute ago, Chris12345 said:

Here's my take which is slightly coated in deck beersh.

Tanev and Edler need to move on. Maybe not this summer but it's time

Stetcher is redundant with Hughes.

They need a bomb back there so.....

Nothing strong drafting and time my friends. And a lotta Woo!

Risto?

Just now, Alflives said:

Risto?

Don't follow him enough to know if he has a Salo hammer or not.

I think it would be a lot (more than a quarter cask) to give up which would force Van to trade from a position of weakness.

Other than center, and arguably goaltending, they suck in all positions.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Chris12345 said:

Don't follow him enough to know if he has a Salo hammer or not.

I think it would be a lot (more than a quarter cask) to give up which would force Van to trade from a position of weakness.

Other than center, and arguably goaltending, they suck in all positions.

Risto has a bomb for sure.  

15 minutes ago, combover said:

Btw - when was the last time Edmonton traded 'good developing player' for a veteran d man?

It's a cool story, but do you have a single example from this decade?

So maybe you're onto something - ie Benning is going to go down the same road the Oilers did - ie never gave up a single developing player for a veteran D.

14 minutes ago, Pears said:

Risto would be perfect. Big, right shot, can put up points and is only 24. It would take a haul to get him though. 

I think any offer probably starts with Marky (they need a goalie). Unsure what else we would be adding though based on their needs (top 6 F, left D). I also think we'd need to 'overpay' as we'd likely be looking at a quantity for quality situation. And I'd probably be ok with that depending on what's going back.

5 hours ago, Pears said:

Gostisbehere is two inches below the average height of an NHL player. The average weight is two hundred pounds so he’s a little below average in that category. Still didn’t stop him from scoring 65 points a season ago. 

He is small.

We were not discussing scoring or points at all. Yes he got lots of points...good on him.

4 hours ago, peaches5 said:

If Horvat is going the other way I want Provorov not Gostibehere

Totally agree with you.  After my post I thought about it more and agree that if Horvat was traded anywhere a #1-2  D man would have to come back along with some type of replacement for him as a 2C.