The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks aggressively pursuing Tyson Barrie

5 hours ago, Pickly said:

Give it a rest. You don’t think a guy from Victoria who spends his summers in BC wouldn’t want to resign and play for the Canucks? 

I'm not going to be so arrogant as to assume I know what he's thinking or how he'll feel about the situation a year from now and neither should you.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I'm not going to be so arrogant as to assume I know what he's thinking or how he'll feel about the situation a year from now and neither should you.

Well it will likely be a couple weeks from

now signing an extension one would think.

Presumably part of the deal is you get to talk to his camp before the trade is made and can get a sense of his intentions.

2 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

People crap on Virtanen all year and now that his name floats around in trade proposals all of a sudden he's too valuable to trade. Y'all intrigue me.

Ive been a supporter since he was drafted. Don’t trade him.  

• Upvote 1

So it is gonna be Virtanen, Stecher, and 2020 1st for Barrie?

That is a lot. If that does happen, we better hear of an extension pretty quickly so Canuck fans don't freak out lol.

Edit: maybe we get a 3rd back.

Edited by Kanukfanatic

Just now, Kanukfanatic said:

That is a lot. If that does happen, we better hear of an extension pretty quickly so Canuck fans don't freak out lol.

Regardless of whether or not there's an extension, that's too much.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

People crap on Virtanen all year and now that his name floats around in trade proposals all of a sudden he's too valuable to trade. Y'all intrigue me.

Yeah.  Not me.  I see a lot on Jake's game.  I see a lot of uniqueness in his game.  He has tools that cant be taught.  Size and speed for days.  Once his hands catch up to his legs he will be a beast.

8 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

You'd be wise to at least admit it's a calculated risk

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Regardless of whether or not there's an extension, that's too much.

Yep.

People want to throw 3 or 4 valuable assets Colorados way for one piece.  Barrie would be an amazing add,  but look at what Trouba returned Winnipeg.  The rangers got him for a dirt cheap price.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Edit: maybe we get a 3rd back.

Too much. Walk away JB.

1 minute ago, CanuckGAME said:

Yeah.  Not me.  I see a lot on Jake's game.  I see a lot of uniqueness in his game.  He has tools that cant be taught.  Size and speed for days.  Once his hands catch up to his legs he will be a beast.

There's a lot of pressure on jake playing for his hometown. As a few throughout this thread have suggested, I really think Jake has a better chance of realizing his potential outside of Vancouver. It's a shame because I also agree he's going to turn into a beast. Trading him is probably the right move though.

3 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

everyone is tradeable even Virtanan

Thanks tips, real keen insight.

Just can you could, doesnt mean you should. Jakes value isn’t close to Barrie. Jake would be a bit of a toss in. We have others to toss in there. Our the cupboards aren’t as bare as they once were.

jake still has potential

• Upvote 1