The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2019 NHL Entry Draft

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, DontMessMe said:

Should the Canucks not make the playoffs in 2019-20, the first-round selection will move to the 2021 draft.

That's not so bad 

Miller gives us a shot in the arm and we were in the mix this season 

We very well could make it 

• Like 1

Just now, DontMessMe said:

Im worried we do bad in 2021 cuz im pessimisic af. Imagine it becomes an OTT pick. Just imagine...

Benning put internal pressure on the team and himself to get the team going. I think we are close. Miller will fit nicely in our top 6.

Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the Canucks have acquired centre J.T. Miller from the Tampa Bay Lightning in exchange for goaltender Marek Mazanec, a 2019 third round pick and a 2020 conditional pick.

Miller, 26, recorded 47 points (13-34-47) in 75 games for the Lightning in 2018-19. The 6-1, 218-pound centre also netted a career-high 20 power play points. His 34 assists on the season tied a career-high and his 47 points was his third highest total in a single season.

Selected by the Rangers with the No. 15 pick of the 2011 NHL Draft, the East Palestine, OH, native has recorded 237 points (95 goals, 142 assists) in 435 regular-season games, and 26 points (three goals, 23 assists) in 61 playoff games.

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

That's not so bad 

Miller gives us a shot in the arm and we were in the mix this season 

We very well could make it 

I think we will. I was shocked and a bit upset at first. I thought Barrie but this works. 

4 minutes ago, SynysterGates said:

How the &^@# did Benning give up a 1st round pick for a cap dump in Miller?

He’s looking at the wrong cap dumps. Rebuilding teams are supposed to take players like Marleau and get first round picks. Doesn’t really feel like they’ve weaponized any cap space in this deal as they gave up a lot to get him.

• Upvote 3