The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2019 NHL Entry Draft

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, BCNate said:

I think people are sleeping on how good a fit JT Miller will be with Horvat and Pearson.  I also think tat the reaction from some is a little over the top.  If Miller helps us get in the playoffs next year, I'm happy to give up a pick that is later than 16.  He is a quality 2nd line winger with good size and grit.  If we give up a pick in the 20-30 range 2 years from now to get him, I'm fie with that.

OR we make the playoffs, TB makes a trade before the draft for a lottery ticket (which we could have also done) and they win the lottery and draft first overall....the cost seems too high for what essentially is a cap dump for TB so they have the space for Point and Kucherov contract etc...I honestly thought he mis-spoke and we got their first.   Very mixed messages again...are we back to re-tooling already?

1 minute ago, warrchief said:

He was a player I was targeting for the Canucks if he was available at the time of our pick.

Yeah. 

Carolina is looking like the definition of 'new NHL'...

I said a few weeks ago I would be content if we came away with one of Hoglander, Dorofeyev, Puistola, or N. Robertson.

And...we did! Can't complain.

• Upvote 1

Idk why people are complaining about the jt miller trade. 

Miller is a 40-50 point getter who gets about 100+ hits a year while maintaining a 50% face off win average for his whole career. He is the perfect winger for horvat which is something we desperately needed. Now we can actually have a top offensive line with Petey and boeser while having a top shot down line.... you know like most other successful teams. That 1st round pick we are giving up has more of a chance being an emerson etem than it does being a boeser. I mean if we can get a player like panarin for the top line our top 6 looks sexy. How do you get a top guy like panarin? Show them you are trying to win. 

Panarin pettersson boeser 

Miller horvat virtanen.

Not a bad top 6