The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2019 NHL Entry Draft

Rate this topic

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

No, it's being nervous. Will they be like Bure, or Larionov? Or Yashin or Yakupov? 

What gives the indication he'd be one of the latter 2?  Yashin's attitude was garbage; Podkolzin is a leader who wears a letter on every team he plays for.  Yakupov refused to play a 200 foot game; Podkolzin is a complete player.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

2nd best skater in the draft for Broberg? What's the risk?

Same things that are holding Jake back from being an elite player. Only thing people are worried about with Pod is whether or not he'll play in the NHL and nothing he has stated suggests he doesn't want to eventually be in the NHL. Broberg is more likely to be the defensive Jake Virtanen than Pod is to becoming Shirokov or whatever other dumb Russian comparable y'all wanna give yourself ulcers over.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

Not sure what to think about this Holmstrom guy, don't know much about him other than briefly seeing him in the U18.

I knew things would be wide open at this point, but guys like Tomisino, McMicheal, Brink, Lavoie, Dorofeyev & Kaliyev all still available is a little surprising. 

Hopefully things continue like this & we're left with some good options tomorrow. . 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

Still no trades. It was supposed to be a volatile draft, but it goes to show how much teams value draft picks.

It's the same old thing each year.....drum up excitement to get viewers despite a low likelihood of it materializing.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Korczak for me, I'd love to get him at 40. Was really impressed with his defensive game in the U18's.

Just like the Woo pick last year, add a RHD with #4 upside. 

Right side with size, Tryamkin, Woo and Korczak 

• Upvote 2