The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2019 NHL Entry Draft

Rate this topic

16 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

That first goal....insane...plus big time of game! 

I watched him play every game at this tourney...he was a beast and probably one of the best players in the tourney.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

My answer is if he turns out to be a bust I will remind all the BPA gurus out there. 

Way too risky pick for my taste.

Let's hope Benning knows things we don't. 

Guess we will find out in 2 years.

Lol. Risky? Safer pick than Seider or Broberg or whatever other favourite on CDC at 10. Kid has elite talent and one of the highest compete levels in the draft. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Yeah ok...you lost me at taking Pod over Byram haha.

the combination of Podkolzin + Tryamkin is worth alot more to our chances for a cup than the combination of Byram + Tryamkin assuming all develop well.

We have weaknesses in our top 6 and our D, with Podkolzin we just got the 3rd best offensive talent in this draft, and he has great size and compete. We already have Hughes, Juolevi, Woo, and size in Try.

As a team we are better off with the type of gamebeaking skill of Pod + Try - hockey is a team sport and we actually filled the greater need given we have Try coming back

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, N7Nucks said:

Lol. Risky? Safer pick than Seider or Broberg or whatever other favourite on CDC at 10. Kid has elite talent and one of the highest compete levels in the draft. 

I am ecstatic and I wanted Seider, I didn't think Podz would fall to us. We can thank detroit and montreal for giving us two stars in a row from their going off the board!

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Lind and Gaudette too.

Yep Gaudette should definitely still be hyped despite not having a stellar first season.

Could add alot of wild cards in there like MacEwan, Lockwood, and even Jasek.

Not worried about bottom 6 talent. More pleased with how our top 6 talent is shaping up.

• Upvote 2

Just now, 18W-40C-6W said:

the combination of Podkolzin + Tryamkin is worth alot more to our chances for a cup than the combination of Byram + Tryamkin assuming all develop well.

We have weaknesses in our top 6 and our D, with Podkolzin we just got the 3rd best offensive talent in this draft, and he has great size and compete. We already have Hughes, Juolevi, Woo, and size in Try.

As a team we are better off with the type of gamebeaking skill of Pod + Try - hockey is a team sport and we actually filled the greater need given we have Try coming back

You are delusional if you think vancouver taking podkolzin will have any affect on tryamkin coming back. 

Just now, 18W-40C-6W said:

I am ecstatic and I wanted Seider, I didn't think Podz would fall to us. We can thank detroit and montreal for giving us two stars in a row from their going off the board!

Zadina wasn't exactly off the board last year; most had him in the top 4

3 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

2nd best skater in the draft for Broberg? What's the risk?