The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2019 NHL Entry Draft

Rate this topic

Just now, Chip Kelly said:

He has? So this is maybe a move to help that happen by appearing more Russian friendly?

He's stated in a few interviews that he would like to come back and give it another try. The culture shock to his new wife imo played a huge part in his leaving. New marriage, new city, new country, it's a lot to take in all at once. These are humans we're dealing with. 

Fully expect him back once his deal expires. 

41 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

No he won't Russians never work in Van since Bure left.

Goldobin, Shirokov, Tryamkin, Zhukenov,Burmistrov.

Really?

That's actually a bigoted comment. You are generalizing about a nationality based on what? People are individuals guy. What does Goldobin or Shirokov or Try have to do with Podkolzin's talent and drive? nothing

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

He has 2 years left on a contract in the KHL..  Some teams would rather have direct ability to access a player in North America.

That’s my guess.   What matters is Podolzkin WAS here at the Draft, and his family rather excited for him.

Yeah dont mind me. Benning knows what hes doing and im ok with his pick, because of that. 

Im pretty sure we will see Podkolzin in the “top ten prospects not in the nhl” in 2020. 

Lets just hope he gets nhl games, and sticks long enough to make his mark, instead of being a whole thread dedicated to how vancouver can “persuade him to come back to vancouver” a la tryamkin. 

2 minutes ago, Vicky said:

C'mon - kids wait for this moment all their life and some asshat messes up their name....Get your poop in a group.

Like they give a F%$# they've just been drafted call me whatever the f*&^ yiou want  yet very un professional

Edited by Hockey101

1 minute ago, Vicky said:

C'mon - kids wait for this moment all their life and some asshat messes up their name....Get your poop in a group.

He is 90 and a billionaire. In this world that means he can do whatever he wants.....right or wrong.  

9 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

F*%!ing C*!@ks*@ker Oilers take Broberg!!!... this was the guy the Canucks needed.

He will go to the Oilers and be wasted... they will F*ck up his development and p*ss him down the toilet.

F*CK!!!!

Well at least the Canucks took a forward with size.... and a mean streak if the reports are to be believed....  Podkolzin should be 210-215 by the time he gets to the NHL... he is only 17 now and weighs 196.  Apparently has some speed too.

The fact we did not get Broberg means Tryamkin is even more of a priority for Benning to sign.  

GET IT DONE BENNING!!!

The fact that we got Podz adds a lot more incentive for Tree to return...it was like a two for one ha ha...and he was the BPA even at 4-5 according to a lot of rankings (not mock drafts) ISS at 4 ahead of Cozens and Dach et al.

• Cheers 1

Love the kids play style, obviously don't love the Russian factor but just glad we drafted size with skill. Biggest need, bar none. Can't trade for it. The Canucks table looked deflated and possibly mad, I'm assuming they were trying to accomplish much more and failed but I'm still good with the pick.

Hoping we can pick up ville heinola with our 2nd.

_____ - Pettersson - Podkolzin

_____ - Horvat - Boeser

Gadjovich - Madden - Virtanen

Hughes -

Juolevi - Woo

Demko

Diepietro

Depth is starting to look very good. Still need some talent on the left wing. I would love to see them go hard after Panarin. I think he'd be a great fit on the top line with Petey and Boes.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2