The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

5 hours ago, aGENT said:

Calder candidate 5.0 next year I guess...<_<

I think even 4 would be unprecedented, at least in the modern era.

Only the Rangers from 69-71 had three finalists in a row (and none of them actually won).  Pittsburgh and Chicago had 3 rookies nominated in 2 years (Malkin/Staal in one year and Kane/Toews in one year)... things turned out pretty well for those teams.

For us to even be in that conversation is amazing, though we had better start making hay on it because those contracts come up really fast and our prospect pool has dropped like a stone in the rankings as we have graduated our best guys onto the team.  Once Podkolzin is on the team, we will have one of the weaker prospect pools in the league... not as bad as it sounds when half your team is club controlled and under 25 so you don't have so many roster holes to fill.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Googlie said:

When he arrives, put Motte between Hoagie and Podz and play them 30 mins a game

100% agree with that sentiment except with Bo instead of Motte. Bo is better at face-offs. Would love to see Motte with Bo and Hog next game

Edited by 204CanucksFan
Additional content
  • Like 1

Wow surprised Pod speaks such good English... already better than OV and he still hasnt moved over to NA.

I made a post on here a year or so ago about Pod should start learning English.. suggested he or Canucks get him language software so he can practice. Looks like hes been doing that and more...

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He already speaks better English than Pavel Bure.  And he's only 20.  Hopefully he can tutor Tryamkin when he gets here.  

The Russians are coming, the Russians are coming...  :frantic:

Tryamkin's is pretty good.

I am godfather to a Russian teenager in Ekaterinburg whose mother is an English language teacher. She has a contract to teach English to Rusian military recruits and this covid summer the lessons were zoom distance.  A few of the Traktor players signed up as well for something to do during the summer.  Last chat I had I asked if Tram was one  of them, and she said "No, he is good enough already"  ..... her husband is DJ at a big downtown sports bar and night club and  (not this last summer) they have seen Nik and Anastasia there with some other players and wives.  Apparently a Russian player in Vancouver bequeathed to Nik his Rosetta Stone Russian/English course and he has taken it to heart.  From the dates I am assuming that was Goldy- but it might have been Pedan (although Lithuanian, he was Russian speaking and the 2 were fairly close)

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He already speaks better English than Pavel Bure.  And he's only 20.  Hopefully he can tutor Tryamkin when he gets here.  

The Russians are coming, the Russians are coming...  :frantic:

He sounds like he already speaks better English than many CDC posters. I have a feeling that he is itching to get over here, although that could be projection. And hopefully Tram no longer needs much tutoring.

• Haha 3