The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

In other semifinal of Western conference CSKA is leading 3-2 against Lokomotiv. Next games on March 27 and 29 if necessary.

In the Eastern conference,  AK Bars beat Salavat Yulaev 4-0 and is waiting for the winner of other semifinal in which Avangard is leading 3-2 against Metallurg. Same dates for next games.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 2

15 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Good. 

He's getting great experience playing high level playoff hockey. If he came over he would not see playoffs here and burn off 1 year of his RFA contract..

Better for him to go deep in KHL playoffs and have 3 RFA yrs on his Canucks contract and start with a training camp next season. 

The better his team does in playoffs the more nervous I get that he comes to Vancouver. His team will try everything to get him resigned. What happens if Putin gives him a phone call? Podz leaving for the NHL hurts the entire KHL and has political implications. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

The better his team does in playoffs the more nervous I get that he comes to Vancouver. His team will try everything to get him resigned. What happens if Putin gives him a phone call? Podz leaving for the NHL hurts the entire KHL and has political implications. 

Lol. I think Putin has more important things to do.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

It ain’t that deep lol. All signs point towards Pod coming to Vancouver. He’s a determined kid who wants to play in the best league in the world. 

1 hour ago, frank einstein said:

Larianov compared Podkolzin with Messier not just for his style of play but for his leadership qualities. He might even become a greater leader than Putin. If Putin did call him to stay in Russia, Podkolzin could talk him into coming to Vancouver with him, which would be great for us -- I saw Putin score eight goals in a game once. 

I look at our PM and sleepy Joe and cringe, one wears skinny jeans and the other can't remember his own chief of staffs name, then I look at Putin, a guy who probably kicks grizzly bears asses in his spare time, if he tells Podz to stay put he ain't saying no lol.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • RoughGame 1

3 hours ago, frank einstein said:

Larianov compared Podkolzin with Messier not just for his style of play but for his leadership qualities. He might even become a greater leader than Putin. If Putin did call him to stay in Russia, Podkolzin could talk him into coming to Vancouver with him, which would be great for us -- I saw Putin score eight goals in a game once

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

I look at our PM and sleepy Joe and cringe, one wears skinny jeans and the other can't remember his own chief of staffs name, then I look at Putin, a guy who probably kicks grizzly bears asses in his spare time, if he tells Podz to stay put he ain't saying no lol.

He's thrilled when Russian athletes dominate on the world stage...

image.thumb.png.df613b446e69a562cd8998db5a52bf52.png

CSKA advanced to Western conference final by beating Lokomotiv in Game 7 with the score 2-0. Interesting that this game was served by the referee team from Czech Rep. despite the fact that no hockey team from Czech Rep. is currently playing in the KHL.

So SKA is facing CSKA in Western conference final for the fifth time in last six years. They play on April 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14.

The Eastern conference final between AK Bars  and Avangard is going to be played on April 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15.

• Cheers 1