The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

21 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Alf...….would you have had the same opinion if the puck went in?

Absolutely!  He tried a very low percentage play, when 20 feet directly in front, with the puck on his forehand.  From behind the net, when there is not much else, that's a creative play, that (if it doesn't go in) creates a rebound too.  From 20 feet in front, on your forehand, it's showboating, and putting yourself ahead of your team.  Like Hogs, but hate the showoff stuff.  Be a team player first.   

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Alflives said:

Absolutely!  He tried a very low percentage play, when 20 feet directly in front, with the puck on his forehand.  From behind the net, when there is not much else, that's a creative play, that (if it doesn't go in) creates a rebound too.  From 20 feet in front, on your forehand, it's showboating, and putting yourself ahead of your team.  Like Hogs, but hate the showoff stuff.  Be a team player first.   

Yeah.....no offence Alf.  But you are a major Canuck homer and band wagoner. If he scored you would have yelled from Grouse Mountain he was the next coming of Orr.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

I went to the game Wednesday in Saskatoon. I must say we got ourselves a heck of a player. Vasily does everything right and comes exactly as advertised. He was loving my Canucks bunnyhug ... sorry hoodie lol.

@sterilitz - thanks!

podkolzin saskatoon.jpg

On a side note. These Russian kids are humongous. I wouldn't be surprised to see them win the juniors.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, YummyCakeFace said:

He’ll be a good 3rd liner, maybe even a decent 2nd liner with time. I still say Benning missed the boat again. I was really hoping he’d have picked Thomas Harley. Potential to be a top two D. 

Everyone drafted in the top 2 rounds has the potential to be a superstar, it’s just how likely they are to reaching it. The knock on Harley is the his floor is very low. You might get a good player but the floor is equally low