The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Lightning trade J.T. Miller to Canucks for Marek Mazanec, 2019 3rd-round pick, 2020 conditional 1st-round pick

J.T Miller was liked a lot by the Tampa fans. I looked through the Tampa Facebook page and forums.  The more this trade digest it actually is a very good trade. We still get our lottery pick next year because we most likely will miss the playoffs and if we don’t then that means we are on the right path and the pick we lose will be a 15+ pick which we wouldn’t see the player develop for min 2 years if even developed at all. J.T. Miller brings 40-60 pts potential with durability and edge on a very decent contract. If things don’t pan out we can still trade him at deadline and re capture picks. Very good trade!

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

No, your premise is false, Horvat still had the same defensive responsibilities as he’d had since Sutter was injured.  That never changed, the thing that changed was not a change in Pettersson’s role - Pettersson admitted as much in confessing that he would be much more prepared for the NHL grind in the coming season. Gaudelle too started the season at 186 lbs and ended up closer to 170. 

Another false premise is your assumption of why I don’t like this deal- I like the player, what I am disturbed by is the potential price. Vancouver is so thin in talent that the loss of a significant player could easily bury this team into the basement of the league and we would be giving up the compensation for our possible ineptitude to a team much better at obtaining and accumulating assets -vis. the Lightning. Vancouver is still at the stage in its rebuild where we should be accumulating picks, not giving them. Crack open and compare the rosters between Tampa and Vancouver - Miller was mostly a FOURTH liner with Tampa. We are potentially giving up a lottery pick and a third for a fourth liner?  See the Marleau deal with Carolina - that should have been our trade - that is how you capitalize on having cap space.

How are they thin on talent?  They are thin on depth and JB just made a big move to alleviate some of those issues.

That first round pick isn't going to even be an NHL player until around 2025, is it really that big of an issue?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Somone needs to post a GIF of Homer's dad coming in the door hanging his hat, then going in a circle, grabbing his hat and leaving out the door... after this statement by replying to this post.

somethings, at times, have CDC feeling and acting like this...

• Haha 1

I  think he'll get us around 18-22 goals 

100 hits be a fan favorite, hits more than Biega 

He'll create room for EP to have a good year points wise.

I think he adds to Bo/Pearson/Lievo as hard nosed guys that can go to the net hard and get those greasy goals.

But we will give the devil his due when we see what was left behind door number three, 

come that dreaded draft lottery day.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Jester13 said:

Miller is versatile: great shot, nice passing, up high, down low, on the pp, can hit, centre, wing... Green is going to love this guy.

Yeah, did you watch the clip of him mic'd up ...good team guy and seems to be a character guy...always chatting it up

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I  think he'll get us around 18-22 goals 

100 hits be a fan favorite, hits more than Biega 

He'll create room for EP to have a good year points wise.

I think he adds to Bo/Pearson/Lievo as hard nosed guys that can go to the net hard and get those greasy goals.

But we will give the devil his due when we see what was left behind door number three, 

come that dreaded draft lottery day.

I'm calling it now, once JB improves the "D", JT will get 62 pts playing with EP40 and BB6

in a couple of years Podz, Bo and Pearson will be the established 1B line

future is looking bright!

Edited by Pete M
  • Upvote 2