The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tyler Myers to Vancouver

Just now, Odd. said:

&^@#ing hell.

Oh well, as much as I don't want us to sign Myers, if he is a Canuck tomorrow, then I'll be rooting for him but man.

I want Myers to make me eat $&!# but I doubt I will.

What is your expectation though? I thought Myers was going to be overpaid because I thought he was going to be getting 7-8 million with max term even before all the false reports were coming out. At 6 million and 5 years, it is very reasonable for what he should be able to provide considering the UFA market.

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

I personally like this deal. But if people hated Gudbranson, I wonder how long it takes for them to go after Myers.

Lol.  Myers is 10x the dman Guddy is.

Myers is what guddy was expected to become.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

Canucks to sign Tyler Myers 5 years 30 million contract, 6 million/year

http://bleacherreport.com/post/vancouver-canucks/8db00b1e-affa-430f-bacf-c4d213ae0a61

Until the signing is complete we really don’t need a separate thread. Since this has 8 pages I’ll merge it with the existing 72-page Myers thread. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, TheCerebral1 said:

As, I lived in Rochester I've seen enough of Myers to know that it took him until his 26th-27th birthday to finally become a competent defensemen.  A lot of that is on the coaching carousel in Buffalo as well as the inability to assess that he needed to be sheltered much more.

Myers was competent his first year.  That's why he won the Calder Cup at 19 y.o.  His problem was that what made him a competent d-man was his offence which went down in subsequent years and leveled off.  As for his actual defensive play, he'll need to be partnered with someone who can cover for his shortcomings just like Ristolainen needs wherever he ends up.

As for the "coaching carousel" you mentioned, he was traded before it really got going.  He spent all but about 16 months with only Lindy Ruff as his coach while he was a Sabre.

I bolded everything so you would feel right at home reading this.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:
43 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

What are WPG fans thinking losing Trouba and now maybe Myers? At least we have Poink? 

.. and Byfuglien starting to show wear and tear.. wasn’t he out a bit last season?

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

Myers was competent his first year.  That's why he won the Calder Cup at 19 y.o.  His problem was that what made him a competent d-man was his offence which went down in subsequent years and leveled off.  As for his actual defensive play, he'll need to be partnered with someone who can cover for his shortcomings just like Ristolainen needs wherever he ends up.

As for the "coaching carousel" you mentioned, he was traded before it really got going.  He spent all but about 16 months with only Lindy Ruff as his coach while he was a Sabre.

I bolded everything so you would feel right at home reading this.

... just looks like a lot of yelling,. But really it’s not ;) 

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

What are WPG fans thinking losing Trouba and now maybe Myers? At least we have Poink? 

Pionk is a decent young dman at a good cost right now. Trouba has been rumoured to be on the outs for sometime and they couldn't afford to keep Myers. Perhaps Myers would've been more inclined to stay had they chosen to move Trouba earlier and gave him a bigger role with the team. Either that or maybe he calls Vancouver home because his wife is from the area, in which case, we need more BC women to start dating/marrying hockey stars.

2 hours ago, OurTimeToShine said:

Call me crazy but I think we will have three defensemen with over 30 points next year... when was the last time that happened?

That alone is exciting as hell! 

It could be...

our time to shine. 

• Upvote 1