The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Another midsummer BS article. Thoughts on the relevance of this.

Rate this topic

aqua59

Ahhhhh yes.....the sports media, just like a portion of the fan base being constantly negative / glass half empty when there’s no reason to be anything but positive / optimistic!!! To be brutally honest, it’s getting f’n exhausting!! The Canucks are going to shove it down their throats this season! 

Edited by IRR

23 hours ago, coastal.view said:

yes please

post the article and not the link

i don't do clicks so your post is responding to some mystery for me

Live in mystery then .I'm not seeing others facing the steep challenge you face. Stop complaining.So whatever you do or don't do i could care less. I barely know the workings of a computer, please take that into consideration before puking your mouth off. You come off self righteous and entitled. 

Edited by aqua59
adding content
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/5/2019 at 8:33 AM, aqua59 said:

Live in mystery then .I'm not seeing others facing the steep challenge you face. Stop complaining.So whatever you do or don't do i could care less. I barely know the workings of a computer, please take that into consideration before puking your mouth off. You come off self righteous and entitled. 

really ??

a rule of these boards requires that you post the article

but personalize my comments all you wish

if that makes you feel better

Edited by coastal.view

On 8/4/2019 at 11:45 AM, IBatch said:

Might as well make Hayes new deal the bench mark for middle six forwards too then at what was it again - 7 million ha ha.  Agreed stupid article - there are way more goaltenders with comparable or better stats making less then 3 million that JB camp can use too.

exactly.. by that standard, everyone should be using the David Clarkson contract as their benchmark

• Cheers 1

Meh, I don’t agree with the premise BUT I don’t think it’s quite as bad as ya’ll are making it out to be.  I’d imagine agents will use anything they can to boost what their clients get so throwing in a ‘look what Koskinin got’ might be a chip they’ll try and use (similar to ‘look what Nylander got). 

On 8/4/2019 at 10:49 AM, DeNiro said:

We’ll see what goalies are left unprotected but odds are we’re probably going to lose Markstrom to Seattle.

That's how things are shaping up to look. But if Benning is still our GM, don't expect that to happen. He'll either trade one of them or toss Seattle a 2nd rounder to take a guy like Motte. If Markstrom is the goalie he showed the last 3/4s of the year and Demko takes another step forward this year, both will be far too valuable to lose for nothing.

Any GM worth the title will be able to poke about a million holes in the Koskinen contract comparison.

Everyone knows that was a desperation deal...pretty sure even the goalies know.  That being said, if Markstrom is good next year, 5 for him is fine and don't forget that the expansion draft is starting to loom ahead of us again.

On 8/6/2019 at 12:20 PM, coastal.view said:

really ??

a rule of these boards requires that you post the article

but personalize my comments all you wish

if that makes you feel better

Start getting over yourself at any point.  The thread was figured out and the discussion continued while you complained and watched from sidelines.

If i screwed up so bad why did the discussion continue? I'm stating facts not making myself feel better. I feel fine. I never personalized your comments, you are the one playing the victim card. 

Edited by aqua59

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/8/2019 at 7:45 PM, aqua59 said:

Start getting over yourself at any point.  The thread was figured out and the discussion continued while you complained and watched from sidelines.

If i screwed up so bad why did the discussion continue? I'm stating facts not making myself feel better. I feel fine. I never personalized your comments, you are the one playing the victim card. 

Another beauty from the score. Their top 25 forwards list does not include Petey. He only received a honourable mention. 

• Wat 1

I really don't see it as a Chiarelli thing.  I am sure a ton of the organization had input on the deal.  It wasn't oh lets sign this paper that I just drafted up last night.

Contracts take weeks and even months.  There are no surprises in contracts.  If anything the organization saw something in him, that made the money make him stay, and not be looking for greener pastures.  Lets face it, there are some markets that have really fed tenders to the wolves.

We are rebuilding and if the cost for a tender gets to high, shuffle him off and work on our next prospects.  

• Like 1

On 8/28/2019 at 1:14 PM, spur1 said:

Another beauty from the score. Their top 25 forwards list does not include Petey. He only received a honourable mention. 

I know ridiculous. Hell you and I could start our own feed just on rumors and probably do ok. 

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 2:43 PM, IRR said:

Ahhhhh yes.....the sports media, just like a portion of the fan base being constantly negative / glass half empty when there’s no reason to be anything but positive / optimistic!!! To be brutally honest, it’s getting f’n exhausting!! The Canucks are going to shove it down their throats this season! 

Recently NHL network radio , the Power Play they were doing power rankings and put us in the bottom 10 .Boomer when question about his ranking of the Canucks the next day stated that he basically had no use for the Canucks, Vancouver and their Fans . And believed the Canucks were poorly managed and had little or no direction. As far as he concerned Hockey stopped at Alberta border. Now thats eastern media bias !

Tweet him at Boomer Gordon (@ThePointSXM)

Edited by vannuck59
add tweet address
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, vannuck59 said:

Recently NHL network radio , the Power Play they were doing power rankings and put us in the bottom 10 .Boomer when question about his ranking of the Canucks the next day stated that he basically had no use for the Canucks, Vancouver and their Fans . And believed the Canucks were poorly managed and had little or no direction. As far as he concerned Hockey stopped at Alberta border. Now thats eastern media bias !

Wow! That’s ridiculous!! First, he should prob get his facts straight. Second, he prob shouldn’t be reporting on hockey if he can’t give a unbiased / knowledgeable report.....like it used to be back in the day. Just straight ignorance / negativity these days. 

As as I mentioned before, I hope they ram it down everyone’s throats.....and I have this feeling they will! 

31 minutes ago, vannuck59 said:

That’s disgraceful....what a complete idiot - might regret saying that later and I hope he does.   On the Eastern Bias - at least THN does a decent-good job with their journalism and integrity - covers for both Boeser and EP in their rookie years and higher then most/big supporter of our prospects including OJ over the years and more recently Hughes (2nd behind Makar as best on the planet before the draft).   For the most part anything not TO gets a pretty equal footing .... got to wonder what dumb thing he will say next ...

edit:  also have to wonder if his bosses agree with his assessments...NHL.com did a reasonably decent job of covering the Canucks in their 31 in 31 - and also put EP on their top fifty players (at 50, but considering who they will inevitably leave out that’s some great company - as an aside THN ranked him at 44 - ahead of Barzal, MT and other big names), and they also moved Markstrom up higher then any goalie in their fantasy rankings (most have him getting his first 30 win season) ...  don’t tweet but this makes me want to join, just to say something in rebuttal “we have no use for him so the feeling is mutual “ what a douche-bag.   

Most in the hockey world that matter think JB done a decent job this summer, and has given TG a chance to continue his good work - some like TSNs  Button think he’s done an incredible job, deserves his extension and that absolutely we are playoff team now - guess the dolt still thinks it’s 2016-2017 and is parroting that same script.

Edited by IBatch