The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eddie Lack retires

Rate this topic

Just now, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Lou shouldn’t be the one making toilet jokes.  He couldn’t make it out of the bathroom (had a big bowel movement issue) in between periods of a playoff game against the Ducks (I think it was overtime) so Dany Sabourin had to play the first few minutes of OT while Luongo made a deposit in the toilet.

I remember that.  :lol:  Even ESPN reported on it and they rarely talked about hockey then.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Lou shouldn’t be the one making toilet jokes.  He couldn’t make it out of the bathroom (had a big bowel movement issue) in between periods of a playoff game against the Ducks (I think it was overtime) so Dany Sabourin had to play the first few minutes of OT while Luongo made a deposit in the toilet.

Ill never forget the amount of wtf that was going through my head at that moment, then it took me a couple days to even believe what actually happened

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HerrDrFunk said:

If Space Cadet Bryzgalov can make a (albeit $&!#ty) comeback after sitting on his ass for a year, I wouldn’t write Eddie off yet. Is it likely? Probably not. Is it possible? Hell yeah.

You’re thinking of the five stages of grief as well. 12 steps is for AA and as far as I know, the only thing Eddie is addicted to is tacos.

Yeah i was just making a joke about a guy that likes to make jokes. 

15 hours ago, Hamhuis Hip Check said:

I heard from someone on 1040 a little while back its because the butterfly is standard now and its messing up kids hips from an early age

As a goalie I can vouch for this. While it's a natural way for pads to sit, its an unnatural way for a persons body to move (especially men).

I remember being 10 or so and at tryouts the coach told all the goalies to go up and down, butterfly and back into stance, as quick and as long as possible. I had major hip pains after that. I've been a goalie for 15+ years and I've always known my hips have been compromised.

Yeah, just my personal experience!

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Hamhuis Hip Check said:

I heard from someone on 1040 a little while back its because the butterfly is standard now and its messing up kids hips from an early age

Yep.

There's a reason that someone like Brodeur was able to remain in the league for so long.  He used a modified stand-up style of goaltending.  

I believe the same goes for Mike Smith. 

On 8/14/2019 at 7:06 PM, NewbieCanuckFan said:

That's exactly why he can make that comment and come out clean...