The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks sign GM Jim Benning to contract extension

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Sutter has played 11 years and has 125 assists....

17 assists combined over his last 2 years....

Cleary, Math is not your strong point......

The last 2 years he has 17 assists in 87 games. One does have to take into account games played in the calculation.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, WeneedLumme said:

Not if one is a poster who looks for pretexts to hate on members of the Canucks organization.

idk if it's hate...I believe it's trying to communicate that Sutter isn't really a foundation player as previously reported....I know, I know it's sometimes hard to get first impressions out of the head when they are not true...lol

34 minutes ago, Pete M said:

I believe it's trying to communicate that Sutter isn't really a foundation player as previously reported.

He was supposed to be foundational, which he is when not injured.

He was never billed as a core player, though many mistake one label for the other.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, gurn said:

He was supposed to be foundational, which he is when not injured.

He was never billed as a core player, though many mistake one label for the other.

Explain the difference.  

Core:  player to build the team around and rotate supporting players in and out.

Foundational:  ?  

10 hours ago, luckylager said:

Sure

Just killing each other for a spot

People are dying to live there

Worth killing your family for

Where you live..  is it worth the poor local  education system and no job  / sports  / cultural opportunities for your family.......

Edited by kingofsurrey

9 hours ago, Baggins said:

The last 2 years he has 17 assists in 87 games. One does have to take into account games played in the calculation.

Sutter as a guy with 17 assists over the last 2 years and playing in less that half of the games in that time....   The team has moved on without him.  He is now easily replaceable at a much lower cost in cap.   

Canucks would trade him but like Loui E no team in the league would want him at his inflated contract.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

16 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Sutter as a guy with 17 assists over the last 2 years and playing in less that half of the games in that time....   The team has moved on without him.  He is now easily replaceable at a much lower cost in cap.   

Canucks would trade him but like Loui E no team in the league would want him at his inflated contract.

I agree his production the last two years is poor especially being hurt for long stretches of time. I think he has value to our team but also others. There are teams that would take him if we retained a bit of salary even 1 mill.I would like to see what happens with him as the season gets going. If he is healthy Sutter can help by allowing Horvat to play more offensive starts. Even if Sutter takes half the draws away from Bo in the D end it should help Bo get a few more points.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Where you live..  is it worth the poor local  education system and no job  / sports  / cultural opportunities for your family.......

I learned from a first year plumber that crap runs down hill. The lower drainland is at the bottom of the hill. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, spur1 said:

I learned from a first year plumber that crap runs down hill. The lower drainland is at the bottom of the hill. 

The lower mainland has amazing opportunities for work and education - that is why the world is flocking to live there. Hence, the rapid growth.

If your town / village is stagnant in population growth... because no one wants to move there..... maybe there is a reason for this....

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, mikeyman109 said:

I agree his production the last two years is poor especially being hurt for long stretches of time. I think he has value to our team but also others. There are teams that would take him if we retained a bit of salary even 1 mill.I would like to see what happens with him as the season gets going. If he is healthy Sutter can help by allowing Horvat to play more offensive starts. Even if Sutter takes half the draws away from Bo in the D end it should help Bo get a few more points.

I think Bo opened Green's eyes last year going up against the other teams top lines and putting up points and in my opinion he played his best hockey going head to head. I think we just need beagle to stay healthy and split time with Bo and if there's a trade at the deadline for sutter I think they will pull the trigger. I think sutters replacement is Madden from what I've seen of the kid reminds me of a Jordan staal type third line centre 

I agree though there's a market for sutter it just depends how much money we want to retain on him , I could see the oilers offering there first if we retained and took somebody off their hands. So there's deals out there. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Why does it always seem like conversations with you turn into you trying to justify that Surrey isn’t a dump. We all get it, you live in Surrey. It’s in your name. 

• Cheers 4

17 minutes ago, Stelar said:

Why does it always seem like conversations with you turn into you trying to justify that Surrey isn’t a dump. We all get it, you live in Surrey. It’s in your name. 

To be fair, it seems like people dump on Surrey because if his username and he's simply defending it. I don't think he's actually brought it up on his own in a argumentative way.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

To be fair, it seems like people dump on Surrey because if his username and he's simply defending it. I don't think he's actually brought it up on his own in a argumentative way.

Heh. U see how people put down surrey to me for no reason 

If i respond i am the bad guy 

i love living in the lower mainland   So glad i moved back from edmonton/ alberta

people want to put down surrey. They should pop over to crescent beach try some sea kayaking or wander on the beach 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Heh. U see how people put down surrey to me for no reason 

If i respond i am the bad guy 

i love living in the lower mainland   So glad i moved back from edmonton/ alberta

people want to put down surrey. They should pop over to crescent beach try some sea kayaking or wander on the beach 

You do seem like someone who's paid to promote the city though.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

I don't see his price as inflated at all. The team is currently better with him than without him.

• Cheers 2

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

Explain the difference.  

Core:  player to build the team around and rotate supporting players in and out.

Foundational:  ?  

I mean, given the definition of foundational is "of relating to or forming or serving as a base or foundation". Copy and pasted that off Merriam webster website. If I were to attribute the meaning of a player being foundational it'd be reasonable to say that it's the same thing as a core player by your definition. Someone you would build your team around. Like you would build walls around a foundation. Honestly would not consider Sutter foundational and I imagine Benning doesn't see him as that foundational player he did when he made the quote to begin with. But maybe he does I don't really know.

• Upvote 2

I think as with most blanket statements one needs to put it in context. When the Sedins were still here Sutter was exactly what the team needed to even have a chance at playoffs. At that time he was “foundational “. Now not as much, but he could still be quite valuable should he be able to stay healthy. 

On 8/16/2019 at 3:13 PM, Keenan's Moustache said:

I don't think it was the signing that the fanbase was hoping for *cough* Brock *cough*, but at least it will start to generate buzz around the team before training camp opens.

I think it's a small portion of the fan base that doesn't support him. I am not one of them. I am very happy he got a new contract.  Overall,  he has been exactly what we needed during this rebuild.  I am stoked he will get an chance to enjoy the team he built . 

• Cheers 2