The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canadian Woman Faces Lifetime Ban After Getting Caught with CBD Oil at U.S. Border

nucklehead

1 minute ago, skolozsy2 said:

I'm not sure why people are so worked up about this.  Crossing the border with CBD is illegal, whether you agree with the law or not.  The fact that it doesn't have psychoactive properties or that it was medically prescribed is completely irrelevant.

A person can't cross the border with fruits, vegetables, or uncooked meats either and I'm pretty sure those aren't psychoactive.  Some countries just flat out don't want visitors bringing certain things across the border with them regardless of their benefits or reasons, and that includes Canada. 

So let's not make a mountain out of a molehill. Its really not that big of a deal.

I don't think anyone is.

Some have responded with a comment about viewing CBD users as 'stupid pot heads'...

But from my view, people seem to understand the laws and that everyone should be aware of them.

However, they should freely comment if they believe those laws are silly. Especially in relation to something that has seemly great health benefits.  

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Toews said:

Ignorance isn't always equal to stupidity except in the case of the willfully ignorant. For example I could tell you that CBD oil isn't something that "pot heads" are interested in but you will still continue to make baseless assumptions about people you don't know, on subjects you don't really understand. 

LOL! I've been a weed smoker for 20+ years.  I take CBD for an old back injury. I take edibles to help me sleep.  So save me the baseless assumptions crap.  I understand fully.

I also understand what ILLEGAL is.  Not sure how many times these stories have to show up before idiots stop trying to cross the border with it.

For all that I triggered with the stupid pothead comment.  Go burn one, you all seem really high strung.

1 hour ago, Grapefruits said:

LOL! I've been a weed smoker for 20+ years.  I take CBD for an old back injury. I take edibles to help me sleep.  So save me the baseless assumptions crap.  I understand fully.

I also understand what ILLEGAL is.  Not sure how many times these stories have to show up before idiots stop trying to cross the border with it.

For all that I triggered with the stupid pothead comment.  Go burn one, you all seem really high strung.

That's too bad, you were baiting with your pot head stigma question when you know CBD doesn't get you high. I wonder if all your initial up votes got your joke. Although I don't think recreational use is bad at all, it's a lot better than drinking...I hope the non-pot smokers understand that this plant needs to be respected for the medical attributes. 

I'm admittedly defensive about the medicinal side.

My wife knows this girl quite well, tough story....though I don't know if the cannabanoids she uses is specifically CBD. I think a few are showing interesting health benefits. 

https://cannabislifenetwork.com/vanishing-white-matter-disease-jaydas-story/

1 hour ago, Grapefruits said:

Smoking anything is kind of dumb.  Why inhale toxins into our lungs?  Hell our air is already crappy enough.  Oils, pills, or any method of getting the medical benefits of weed other than smoking makes good sense IMO

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

Smoking anything is kind of dumb.  Why inhale toxins into our lungs?  Hell our air is already crappy enough.  Oils, pills, or any method of getting the medical benefits of weed other than smoking makes good sense IMO

I agree. If doing more than one marijuana (I even once saw a person do three marijuanas in one day!!) you could OD or even worse gateway to crack or heroin addiction followed by bankruptcy then death. 

Edited by Ronaldoescobar
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

I agree. If doing more than one marijuana (I even once saw a person do three marijuanas in one day!!) you could OD or even worse gateway to crack or heroin addiction followed by bankruptcy then death. 

Smoking, inhaling toxins, is certainly a person’s choice, but there are clearly health risks putting crap into our lungs.

Why risk inhaling smoke, when there are far safer means of getting the same benefits of weed like oils etc?  

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Smoking, inhaling toxins, is certainly a person’s choice, but there are clearly health risks putting crap into our lungs.

Why risk inhaling smoke, when there are far safer means of getting the same benefits of weed like oils etc?  

Cuz' my lungs have been smack talkin' me behind my back.

Imma give em' a taste of their own medicine.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, falcon45ca said:

Cuz' my lungs have been smack talkin' me behind my back.

Imma give em' a taste of their own medicine.

Well you live in Saskatoon where you guys have clean air.  Going out here, on a lot of days, is like smoking the air is such a toxic soup.  

9 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Totes.

this happens at least once a week that I see.  I’m actually starting to see it as a positive.  

Why use the term "leafy greens" if you are a border patrol officer and are asking questions of that nature you should be as direct as possible so that people know exactly what you mean. Ask someone's grandma if she has leafy greens and she might think you mean actual lettuce not the devils lettuce.

Edited by Nucksfollower1983

On 8/24/2019 at 9:47 AM, Alflives said:

You inhale Cat dander on the reg.