The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you most excited about for the upcoming season?

Rate this topic

cuporbust

What are you most excited about?   

144 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Baer. said:

I voted Sedin jersey retirement. Their careers spanned my entire youth and teenage years. They are the reason I'm a Canucks fan.

This season is similar to the year they took over as the team leaders.Every eastern based hack was saying the Canucks were ok but who was going to score the goals? they wont make the playoffs without Naslund Bertuzzi and Morrison. Well they scored the goals. a lot of them and the team had great success with them. Great players,  great leaders and great people.

Heres hoping this new version does the same.

• Cheers 2

I hope Jake has trained hard and can take a page out of Roussel, Miller(?) and Ferland`s book to provide some crash and bang all over the place. Nowhere to hide wolfpack mentality would win a lot of games.

• Upvote 1

Kind of looking forward to all of those options. I chose a full season of Quinn Huighes. I think he's going to be so fun to watch. I think the Canucks could have one of the best PPs int eh elague this year. Maybe a bold statement, but with Hughes feeding the puck to Pettersson and Boeser, goals will be scored.

I voted the sedins retirement ceremony which I’m surprised it hasn’t gotten more love for the two best players for this franchise getting raised to the rafters this season. 

That and how will little stranger things Louie will do on season 4 of the Canucks. Stay tuned...

5FCBDAD4-B78C-4ABA-81A1-6BF6F77F5DB6.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Too many to choose one, but Hughes first full season is gonna be very interesting to watch. Honestly, I just want NHL games back in my life. Summer is way too long. And all the first round upsets made the 2nd round and beyond of the playoffs kinda boring. Lol. So the summer felt extra long. 

1 hour ago, EP Phone Home said:

I voted the sedins retirement ceremony which I’m surprised it hasn’t gotten more love for the two best players for this franchise getting raised to the rafters this season. 

It was just added as an option....thus the lack of votes

• Thanks 1

Just counting days to start the hockey.

Voted play offs, but actually looking very much forward to see all the new comers... 

This could be the season where we wash all the ' turn the other cheek' scars away, and start handing out the punishment.

So damn excited for the season to get under way.

All of the above including most of what everyone has added . My little addition is that when we get to the last ten games of the season it will be so nice to cheer only for wins and if they lose not be "Oh well at least they might get a better draft pick " 

• Upvote 1

I just started reading a book called "Ice Storm". It's basically about Gillis' time with the Canucks, how he brought them to be arguably the best Canucks team ever, to one of the worst - over a span of 6 years (2008-2014). It's a bit difficult to read, as it opens with Torts charging the Flames dressing room, and then they go back and focus on the VAN-BOS series in 2011. The Canucks, apparently, were (are?) a very hated team, and the writer says it's because other players/fans feel the Canucks were (are?) arrogant. In the 2011 series they dove, etc. and expected the refs to bail them out, give them PP time. Not sure how so many can hate a team that's never won anything (yet). I guess there's a fine line between arrogance and swagger. From what I recall, the Canucks were loaded with swagger in 2010/11.

But here we are, 5 years later with Benning at the helm, the Sedins, Burrows, Bieksa, Hansen, Luongo and soon to be Kesler, retired. The Canucks have a new team. I'm not sure it's a better team than they had in 2011 yet, but I do believe it's a tougher/grittier team.

Luongo was better than Markstrom, let's get that out of the way. I believe Pettersson is/will be better than either Sedin. The Sedins were spectacular together. I believe Quinn Hughes will be better offensively than Ehrhoff etc. Miller may turn out similar to Burrows, Horvat is a bull and I think he'll be better and more durable than Kesler was. They have real good support players in Ferland, Virtanen, Beagle, Leivo, Roussel and Pearson. I feel like we're going to witness a great turn-around season, if Marklstrom raises his play.

• Upvote 1

On 8/26/2019 at 4:15 PM, goalie13 said:

I just want the season to get started already.

On 8/26/2019 at 4:16 PM, cuporbust said:

Ya one of the first years in a while I have been really excited about . 

^ I can feel it coming in the air tonight, Oh Lord!

On 8/26/2019 at 5:39 PM, Trebreh said:

us winning the cup! :emot-parrot:

And I've been waiting for this moment all my life Oh Lord! 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

I just started reading a book called "Ice Storm". It's basically about Gillis' time with the Canucks, how he brought them to be arguably the best Canucks team ever, to one of the worst - over a span of 6 years (2008-2014). It's a bit difficult to read, as it opens with Torts charging the Flames dressing room, and then they go back and focus on the VAN-BOS series in 2011. The Canucks, apparently, were (are?) a very hated team, and the writer says it's because other players/fans feel the Canucks were (are?) arrogant. In the 2011 series they dove, etc. and expected the refs to bail them out, give them PP time. Not sure how so many can hate a team that's never won anything (yet). I guess there's a fine line between arrogance and swagger. From what I recall, the Canucks were loaded with swagger in 2010/11.

But here we are, 5 years later with Benning at the helm, the Sedins, Burrows, Bieksa, Hansen, Luongo and soon to be Kesler, retired. The Canucks have a new team. I'm not sure it's a better team than they had in 2011 yet, but I do believe it's a tougher/grittier team.

Luongo was better than Markstrom, let's get that out of the way. I believe Pettersson is/will be better than either Sedin. The Sedins were spectacular together. I believe Quinn Hughes will be better offensively than Ehrhoff etc. Miller may turn out similar to Burrows, Horvat is a bull and I think he'll be better and more durable than Kesler was. They have real good support players in Ferland, Virtanen, Beagle, Leivo, Roussel and Pearson. I feel like we're going to witness a great turn-around season, if Marklstrom raises his play.

I've read a few of his books but really don't put too much stock into his take on Vancouver.

Toronto guy, writing in Calgary.  Not sure we're his favourite team, so good time to take a few jabs I guess.  Would prefer him to write Tales from the Leaf Blower.

• Haha 1

Things, I am looking forward to...……………...

1...…...More Canuck wins

2...…...More Pettersson

3...…...Quinn Hughes

4...…...Virtanen hitting

5...…...Bo with support

6...…...Boeser scoring 40

7...…...Vancouver - Colorado wars

8...…...Ferland going Ferland

9...…...Tryamkin back

10...….Demko's emergence

11...….Vancouver Playoffs

HM......Our prospects...where ever they are playing