The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2019 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, stawns said:

out of curiosity, who do you feel is a great 3rd line player in the league?

I... don't know off hand... lol... I have to think about this.  Probably a center, probably someone who can score as well as defend... 

I used to think of Vermette as the best 3rd line guy... but on some nights he played 2nd line center, so... Bonino was pretty good too, but we played him 2nd line when he was here -- I think he's 3rd line now (Nashville/Pittsburgh.)   Kadri is good too -- is he 2nd or 3rd line?

• Upvote 1

Canucks won the game but lost in the end. Two members got rocked with illegal checks, one of which is our second best player. 

Of course Ferlund was not playing.

This is why I wanted Lucic for Eriksson. Damn you Loui for not letting it happen.

Edited by grandmaster
  • Wat 1

3 minutes ago, gameburn said:

I... don't know off hand... lol... I have to think about this.  Probably a center, probably someone who can score as well as defend... 

I used to think of Vermette as the best 3rd line guy... but on some nights he played 2nd line center, so... Bonino was pretty good too, but we played him 2nd line when he was here -- I think he's 3rd line now (Nashville/Pittsburgh.)   Kadri is good too -- is he 2nd or 3rd line?

tough to determine for sure.  I was just curious where jakes 15 goals and almost 18 gpg pace put him in that company.  I get he can look lazy at times, but he also sits on the bench for long periods and it's not easy for big guys to get their mojo going.  Yet, he still produces more than most 3rd line players and he's had no decent offensive players to play with.  People who want to vilify him, should be thrilled with a possible 20 goal guy in the bottom 6 who is also one of the better takeaway players in the league.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Laheys Liquor said:

FFS.. And we have to play these goons again next game.. wish Rousell & Ferland could play that one

Oh where is milan Lucic when you need him, or right Canucks fans did not want him. If we had him do you really thing player would run our stars

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Laheys Liquor said:

FFS.. And we have to play these goons again next game.. wish Rousell & Ferland could play that one

Jake has an opporunity to really impress the coaches and fans with this game. Perhaps a booming bodycheck on Tierney? Curious to see if he does anything to earn a spot.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

Oh where is milan Lucic when you need him, or right Canucks fans did not want him. If we had him do you really thing player would run our stars

Yes, they would run our stars.

There is no deterrent, some players know they have to do dirty things in order to stick. A few punches are not going to stop them. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1