The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2019 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

9 minutes ago, canucksnihilist said:

Malholtra before his eye injury was all you could hope for from a 3rd linenplayer

ah, Manny, what could have been.  One of my favourite bottom 6 players of all time, no doubt.  I loved Tom Wilson as a bottom 6 player before he broke out too.

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Then he needs to be suspended, and lose some dough.  I'm concerned about the AHL goons, who are trying to make a name for themselves, or are just such poor players they injure guys.  

What you're saying is that if we want our talanted prospects to develop they shouldn't be in AHL... 

6 hours ago, Timråfan said:

During PP it's easier to score. Take away the best PK in the team will inevitable lead to losses. Some speak of JV as PK. But then you have others talking about a possible hamster brain. That will lead to bad judgement calls and losses. 

Lmao Eriksson isnt even the 5th best pker on the team.

In no particular order. Horvat Sutter Beagle Motte Gaudette Miller Ferland are all better defensive players and potential penalty killers.

Eriksson sucks

49 minutes ago, gameburn said:

was that North American coaching only knew one strategy, "try harder." 

Thos is something a lot of fans here talk about. They want the players to skate around hitting players instead of getting the puck in the net... 

Guys like Motte fulfill the "try harder" ideal, and can even be used as models for players who have more talent. And guys that play a smoother style (Grabner, e.g.,) are seen as "not trying hard enough."  Probably a mistaken strategy.

Loui get a lot of hate due to low hits ratio. Still the best PK in the team. That should get people to think one more time what is the best strategy. 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Lmao Eriksson isnt even the 5th best pker on the team.

In no particular order. Horvat Sutter Beagle Motte Gaudette Miller Ferland are all better defensive players and potential penalty killers.

Eriksson sucks

Can you show the stats on that? 

Just now, The 5th Line said:

I want a leader who will defend his teammates at all costs.  

Same garbage year after year with this team.  

Gotta keep that family friendly vibe at Rogers arena.. no fighting, be nice, play fair, keep the kids happy.  Garbage.  Bunch of soft ass millionaires.

Give someone 900k/year to pump some eyes shut. Jesus Christ.  I'll do it

Image result for milan lucic fight

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Timråfan said:

Thos is something a lot of fans here talk about. They want the players to skate around hitting players instead of getting the puck in the net... 

Loui get a lot of hate due to low hits ratio. Still the best PK in the team. That should get people to think one more time what is the best strategy. 

I'm not a Loui hater by any means, but this is just flat out delusional.

Much akin to your undying love for Dahlen and how he was terribly mistreated by the Canucks organization

23 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Schaller should have stepped up in a last ditch effort to stay on the team. He was brought in for toughess and goals but has supplied either. 

I already miss Luke Schenn. I don't know about this team. Not one player even looked sideways at someone on either the Boeser or Fantenberg hits. You have to have each other's back and I don't see that happening at all...

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Whorvat said:

I'm not a Loui hater by any means, but this is just flat out delusional.

Much akin to your undying love for Dahlen and how he was terribly mistreated by the Canucks organization

It's not me that said that and showed stats of it. But it might have been best PK forward... 

3 hours ago, DownGoesMcdavid said:

Yes its preseason but JV isnt a vet or a core player that considered a staple on this team.  

He has has a terrible camp and preseason.   He isnt someone that should have gone into this preseason with a relaxed, easy breezy attitude.  He should be hungry , motivated and dominating.  Not even close. 

I think he was....over the summer :bigblush:

• Haha 2

This is ridiculous. The Derangement of Player Safety says nothing about it either. Tierney should sit out as long as Brock has to.

Hopefully Green was just internalizing his rage and will be coaching the next game to set the tone. He has players like Miller, Benn, Virtanen, Ferland, Myers, Edler, and Beagle who have the capability to hit to hurt.

If Ottawa goes on the PP, target Chabot and give him some time in the quiet room. Make sure when they hit Tierney into the boards to give him a groin tweak that'll stay around for a couple of days.

I will say that, for once, Patterson and the like were asking the right questions.

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Upvote 2