The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2019 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

23 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

It's not me that said that and showed stats of it. But it might have been best PK forward... 

morehockeystats.com/players/pk#

Ranks LE just behind Sutter, Beagle and Motte (Sutter on p1, other 3 on page 2, forwards only)

(sorry, I can't find a way to link the webpage, had to copy the url)

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Get' em on the scoreboard boys....yay team

one would think a player desperately trying to make the team and impress the coach who has some apparent size and grit COUGH JV COUGH would have done something.  Oh well, guess he was waiting to the regular season to show what he has......

20 minutes ago, Stelar said:

Good thing we upgraded our toughness in the offseason. Lost two players to bad hits in a &^@#ing preseason game and not a wimper. But hey, at least we won the game. 

I'm not defending the hit, which as an armchair viewer I thought was dirty but maybe I heard wrong .....didn't Green say "It was a hockey play"? 

Went on to say that Brock wasn't expecting it cuz no one expects to be hit when they're on the power play.

2 hours ago, DownGoesMcdavid said:

All I'm saying is there is more evidence and a waaaaay higher chance that Jake is what he is and not some miracle playoff performer.  

The more damaging result has been his off ice lifestyle and lack of professionalism rather than his skill itself.  

Hes a fine bottom 6 player and that's what he is   ..I've accepted that. 

However I still don't want him in our core... we have  a motivated, driven and eager core lef by Horvat Pettersson and Boeser. .. those are the type of characters I want.  

I'd move Jake for a pick , 3rd, 4th...   sure those picks may not amount to anything with whomever we draft..  but if u  can you have an overly optimistic outlook that Jake will become a playoff player then I'll do the same and and say that the 3rd rnd pick we draft will be a top 6 star for us one day.  

We can also use the draft pick to package for a stud.  Just look at the JT Miller trade... there was a 3rd in there that isnt considered a throw in.  Draft picks are valuable in trades.  

Are you all the same posters?

I swear every time there is ever a hiccup or anything to complain about all these less than 50 post account climb out of whatever hole and loudly claim "'I am on the whatever train the most polarizing and blah blah blah for 50 posts then disappear." 

Wowza!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

His name is Micheal Ferland.

Yes! The Canucks have some tough guys on the team, but there's still no retaliation for bad hits. I watch other games and any time a star is targeted, all hell breaks loose. In VAN, well, we just say "that's hockey", while we miss another playoffs due to injuries. I don't like this style of hockey. The league isn't going to police the games to ensure justice, so the players need to take things into their own hands. I find it almost comical that the Canucks are relying on justice to prevail from the NHL lol Green needs to get angry, like the Hulk (he kinda looks like him. no?), and have his players deliver a message to the other teams - VAN won't be pushed around, expect to have your a** handed to you if you play dirty, they will kill off that 5 minute penalty and then shove goals down your throat.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Googlie said:

I'm not defending the hit, which as an armchair viewer I thought was dirty but maybe I heard wrong .....didn't Green say "It was a hockey play"? 

Went on to say that Brock wasn't expecting it cuz no one expects to be hit when they're on the power play.

The hit was still into the boards and square in the numbers. I think Green doesn’t like coming across as a whiner, and does his best to downplay such incidents. 

A greater barometer of the situation will be when the teams meet again. How the team comes out and engages the Senators will be telling. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

The hit was still into the boards and square in the numbers. I think Green doesn’t like coming across as a whiner, and does his best to downplay such incidents. 

A greater barometer of the situation will be when the teams meet again. How the team comes out and engages the Senators will be telling. 

Don't hold your breath PB.... I can understand the argument during the season, when points at stake... But this is flipping preseason.... It like a tea party..

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Yes! The Canucks have some tough guys on the team, but there's still no retaliation for bad hits. I watch other games and any time a star is targeted, all hell breaks loose. In VAN, well, we just say "that's hockey", while we miss another playoffs due to injuries. I don't like this style of hockey. The league isn't going to police the games to ensure justice, so the players need to take things into their own hands. I find it almost comical that the Canucks are relying on justice to prevail from the NHL lol Green needs to get angry, like the Hulk (he kinda looks like him. no?), and have his players deliver a message to the other teams - VAN won't be pushed around, expect to have your a** handed to you if you play dirty, they will kill off that 5 minute penalty and then shove goals down your throat.  

I’m going to reserve judgement until the game. Personally I want to see the Canucks hit the Senators with everything they have. Send Chabot out of the game. Crack a couple of Tierney’s ribs. 

Green has to realize that if he forgoes a retaliatory response, the message that’s sent is permissive and injuries affect the team’s capability to make the playoffs, which will affect his employment. 

• Upvote 1

Size doesnt equal toughness.

Myers and Miller aren't fighters.  Myers will give you 1 fight per year. Miller 1.5 and Benn gives you 1.5 fights. 

Ferland is only tough kid on team who will fight but he usually misses around 10 games per year from injury. 

This team is tougher than last season but not by a huge margin. Its closer to an average physical team now vs being a soft team. 

I'm really disappointed w/ MacEwen... he had a real shot at cracking this lineup but in his head, he wanted to show he can skate and score points... well, when he wasn't, we expected him to play real tough, laying hits after hits!! But..... 

Same with Schaller... not using his size and physicality... have fun in Utica!

Let's hope Benn, Roussel and Ferland will protect our boys throughout the season!

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

If the team wants to be taken seriously, they’ll make a statement. 

I have zero faith in the team doing anything... but time will tell. Agree with 73%... should have happened yesterday.

Edited by spook007
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Green needs to grow a set and tap guys on the shoulder, to take care of business, Jake can hurt players with his hits and schaller and Benn both can scrap....

green coaches the same style as the Knights but the Knights have reeves for a reason....

I wish they would hire Bert to be part of the coaching staff cause Bert has the stones to tap guys on the shoulder and telling guys to crush guys. 

Bring back crow or someone with a set that will set the tone. 

It doesn't even need to be a fight. Every Canucks player should've been hammering opponents every change they got aftrer that hit. Where's the anger? I know it's only preseason, but that's irrelevant - one of their stars got injured on a dirty hit. I sure hope they develop that pack mentality soon. C'mon Green, grow a pair.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3