The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2019 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

24 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Should a professional athlete need to be "checked up on"?  Do we really want guys who, "need to be checked up on" on our team?  

I was thinking that question too but at the end of the day if it helps us win a cup then yes, check in.

They are assets. Check up on them. Could be training, mental health, finances, relationships. I don't care they are 22 year old assets. Whatever it takes.

We have all sorts of stuff at work for professional workers. It's no different.

Edited by Chris12345
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

I was thinking that question too but at the end of the day if it helps us win a cup then yes, check in.

They are assets. Check up on them. Could be training, mental health, finances, relationships. I don't care they are 22 year old assets. Whatever it takes.

23 now...and entering his 5th season in the league. Excuses are running out. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, RRypien37 said:

23 now...and entering his 5th season in the league. Excuses are running out. 

Not sure it makes a difference.

All I am saying is if I had $80M a year invested in assets I'd be checking in often and giving them any and all assistance.

We all know someone who needed help.

10 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

No blinders. I just wait for more information. A random comment does not get me worked up into a frenzy to condemn and trample 

Didn't say anything about condemning or trampling anyone... But it's pretty obvious that Jake didn't meet some of his off season training goals. Ignoring that completely is just as silly as getting overly worked up about it. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, 'NucK™ said:

Didn't say anything about condemning or trampling anyone... But it's pretty obvious that Jake didn't meet some of his off season training goals. Ignoring that completely is just as silly as getting overly worked up about it. 

Did not say you were. However, it has been going on since his draft.

Just now, 'NucK™ said:

well, to be fair, the quote didn't say a word about conditioning and yourself and @Stelarare making it out like he said that directly.  There's enough chicken little here without misinformation and speculation, to say nothing of actually changing direct quotes.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

That Hadwin video was really good, thanks for posting. Jake is looking a little, umm, thick. Funny playing the prank on Goldy. Hughes is awesome.

that's how he's built, I'm the same way........I haven't been under 200 lbs since I was 15, and that included BCHL, WHL.  You can't train away DNA

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, FaninMex said:

Did not say you were. However, it has been going on since his draft.

But you took my previous comment that you quoted out of context because I never said we should be all over Jake about this. All I said is for people to take off their blinders if they seriously think this is all "speculation" and Jake's off season goals were not conditioning related. 

36 minutes ago, stawns said:

we don't even know they were conditioning goals that weren't met.  Someone made a great point that it could be because he missed the media shindig yesterday.  Anyway, doesn't seem like TG thinks its anything big, it's just how he treats Jake.

Fair enough.  I guess with Jake the assumption is it's conditioning but his absence yesterday was definitely noted.

End of the day, looking forward to seeing how Jake (and the rest of the players of course) performs in camp and at pre-season.

1 hour ago, Knucklehd said:

Well that was a real fun group. 

Benn is going to be a fan favorite I think. Miller keeping up with Bo every step of the way.  Stetcher is a beaut, gives it his all and looks like he is in mid season form. Hughes is so shifty and has a real quick stick, didn't get schooled in the battle drills at all. Goldy...I reserve judgement, but not very hopeful.

How did Juolevi look besides the bag skate?

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

well, to be fair, the quote didn't say a word about conditioning and yourself and @Stelarare making it out like he said that directly.  There's enough chicken little here without misinformation and speculation, to say nothing of actually changing direct quotes.

It's not speculation when there's evidence such as Green directly mentioning Jake while talking about all the work players need to put in in the off season. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, 'NucK™ said:

But you took my previous comment that you quoted out of context because I never said we should be all over Jake about this. All I said is for people to take off their blinders if they seriously think this is all "speculation" and Jake's off season goals were not conditioning related. 

I agree with you and this is 110% related to conditioning, body fat, and weight.  Jake is in the "dog house".