The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2019 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Knucklehd said:

I was planning on writing something up about my observations. Decided to wait till the full session is finished.  They are clearing the ice now for the second half, and the bag skate will be coming up soon.

Cheers bud, much appreciated

1 minute ago, FaninMex said:

Maybe Green knows Virt responds to tough love. Maybe he held him to loft goals that were made to push him such as getting a quicker first step or... There are a huge amount of other goals out there.

Remember there was a video posted a few days ago with him fishing. None of you commented on him being fat. 

Why is it starting now? 

He was wearing a jacket if I recall correctly, when the coach humiliates you on the first day of camp somethings up. We will see during the bag skate.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

“We both agreed that there were goals that had to be met, and if he didn’t reach them, then he probably wouldn’t be with the first two groups on the first day of camp.” - Travis Green on Jake Virtanen #Canucks

Where does it say fitness? I have been in MX for awhile maybe I missed it

What do you think it might be? He didn't like his skates or hair cut?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

What were the goals?

Post page 2 also please.

Page 2 was the media conference yesterday when Green said guys need to put in a lot of off season work and be ready for training camp. Virtanen was the only player mentioned during that comment. 

Now he is in group 3 because he didn't meet his off season goals...

You guys need to take your blinders off.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, garthsbutcher said:

What do you think it might be? He didn't like his skates or hair cut?

- fat

- missed media

- cardio

- not getting quicker

- not self motivated and needs a kick to get the season started.

- missed the timing requirements in a drill

- thought he was not giving his all in a couple drills and wanted to know he was not getting a free pass

7 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

Maybe Green knows Virt responds to tough love. Maybe he held him to loft goals that were made to push him such as getting a quicker first step or... There are a huge amount of other goals out there.

Remember there was a video posted a few days ago with him fishing. None of you commented on him being fat. 

Why is it starting now? 

That's exactly how TG has treated Jake from day one in Utica.,........he knows how to deal with Jake.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Why? He's still a valued member of the team as proven by Green's comments.

If im the coach or GM I would say that as well so when we trade his lazy ass we get more for him than a back of pucks. The guy has all the tools , that's what makes it so frustrating. I believe Jake will be on a very short leash this year. We have added some depth and guys and even a guy like Motte who brings it every night will be playing ahead of Jake and the Fatman if he doesn't get his sh-t together quickly. Jakes quickly turning into Taylor Pyatt without the fighting ability that Taylor Had.

2 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

Page 2 was the media conference yesterday when Green said guys need to put in a lot of off season work and be ready for training camp. Virtanen was the only player mentioned during that comment. 

Now he is in group 3 because he didn't meet his off season goals...

You guys need to take your blinders off.

No blinders. I just wait for more information. A random comment does not get me worked up into a frenzy to condemn and trample 

• Upvote 4