The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2019 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

12 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

If you've been paying any attention AT ALL, Green is doing the exact opposite of 'coddling'. He's been tough on Jake since his stint with the Comets.

It'll be nice when he no longer needs to be tough on Jake, but Jake requires special attention.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

I agree he isn’t the fittest but it is only the last 8 seconds of the skate, most of whoever else you took the last 8 second clip video of at their end of the bag skate were probably looking pretty gassed. That’s the point of it. 

Yes that is definitely very true. I still found it funny he didn't move his feet once in the clip. I get you're tired but just take ONE stride and finish your skate already. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 'NucK™ said:

Yes that is definitely very true. I still found it funny he didn't move his feet once in the clip. I get you're tired but just take ONE stride and finish your skate already. 

I know lol he was ahead of the other guy but a quarter of the rink and just coasted from the other blue line. 

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Thanks again to @Knucklehd for the information from the first day of camp. Very much appreciated. 

Had to filter through the typical Yahoo!’s but indeed much appreciated! I second the thanks @Knucklehd

havent been this this excited for hockey since I was twelve watching the WCE rise into becoming the top line in the league

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

6 hours ago, Petey Castiglione said:

Coach seeing he can trust in the last few minutes of the game.

I remember when the best players on the team were taking 2 minute shifts "coasting in a game"....after a high tempo practice, I would bag skate the team (2 groups) for 2 minutes because that is how long they were on the ice during the game...timed the longest shift and then bagged skated them for that long (x2)....then I explained what I was doing to them....if they were quick learners, by mid season the shifts were down to 45 seconds.

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, cuporbust said:

The kid wont learn. Seems like one of those guys that is happy to have just reached the NHL, and didnt really have goals past that. Doesn't seem to have that internal drive to be the best. He should have gotten the message by now . Very dissapointing. 

JV is valued like Hutton was...until he shows that he is replaceable like Hutton did.