The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2019 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

that's how he's built, I'm the same way........I haven't been under 200 lbs since I was 15, and that included BCHL, WHL.  You can't train away DNA

Some people are born large and in charge. I honestly think I'd die at 215. It's not possible.

Edited by Chris12345
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

But you took my previous comment that you quoted out of context because I never said we should be all over Jake about this. All I said is for people to take off their blinders if they seriously think this is all "speculation" and Jake's off season goals were not conditioning related. 

Are you taking my quoting you personal? Well let me be the good ol' Canadian and say I am sorry I hurt your feelings on CDC. 

Your quote was with many others of the same calibre.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

That Hadwin video was really good, thanks for posting. Jake is looking a little, umm, thick. Funny playing the prank on Goldy. Hughes is awesome.

Yeah, I'm a Jake advocate but it looks like a repeat of conditioning from before.  I thought I saw Baertschi in that video and I thought to myself that he appears to be smaller?  Then I realized it was Motte. :lol: They look pretty similar.

23 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Go 50 secs in and you'll see to me a pretty built/thick Jake.... It could be anything but it's the first time for the players on the ice and everyone wants Jake gone.....can't we just be happy hockey is almost back!!!! Geez can't enjoy even the little things

Those pants are going to bust at the seams, how in the lube did he fit into 2 sizes too small

• Haha 1

Very encouraging that Green says this is the best conditioned Canucks camp he's been a part of, and how important it is to get off to a good start to the season. It's unfortunate that Boeser isn't there, but I'm still feeling really positive about this team, even without Brock if he should sit. Beagle seems to be bringing everyone together as a team, a real heart and soul guy, perfect for a young (hopefully) playoff team. Sounds like Miller has some speed and a wicked shot. Green also mentioned the excitement in the air, how it just feels different this year. I'm going to the EDM game next Tuesday, really looking forward to that. I can visualize Miller blowing by Granlund on the side boards, cutting in to receive a pass from Bo, and score a beauty. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

Are you taking my quoting you personal? Well let me be the good ol' Canadian and say I am sorry I hurt your feelings on CDC. 

Your quote was with many others of the same calibre.

Hurt my feelings? You should maybe read back - I was just clarifying what I said as you didn't seem to understand it. 

And if my comment was of such low "caliber", feel free to show me where I was "condemning and trampling" JV. 

1 minute ago, 'NucK™ said:

Hurt my feelings? You should maybe read back - I was just clarifying what I said as you didn't seem to understand it. 

And if my comment was of such low "caliber", feel free to show me where I was "condemning and trampling" JV. 

Gotcha! Do not quote you.... opps I did it again.

Those reading skills again. I never said Low.

And I am sorry about my spelling. I have not lived in an English speaking country in over 10 years. Thought "calibre" was the Canadian spelling.

1 minute ago, FaninMex said:

Gotcha! Do not quote you.... opps I did it again.

Those reading skills again. I never said Low.

And I am sorry about my spelling. I have not lived in an English speaking country in over 10 years. Thought "calibre" was the Canadian spelling.

Clearly you meant low caliber when you said "same caliber as many others" (that just happen to be the comments you disagree with). :lol: anyways.. this has been fun 

Just now, 'NucK™ said:

Clearly you meant low caliber when you said "same caliber as many others" (that just happen to be the comments you disagree with). :lol: anyways.. this has been fun 

Or I placed it there to bait you.

No offense. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Different POV.