The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2019 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

38 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Such a fun weekend, can’t wait for the game tomorrow.

Big respect for the stars who were all signing autographs. We have a great team.

Lots of depth too. Boeser is missing out.

Horvat needs the C, I’m certain of that.

Our defense rocks, a good mix of everything in it.

So much goalie depth on this team.

Very solid forwards. TG has some hard choices with the cuts coming up.

Did Virtanen sign anything today?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

I'd say locks for 20+, as the roster currently stands

Petey

Bo

Miller

Locks for 15-20

Baer

Ferland

Virtanen

Interesting that St Louis only had 3 x 20+ scorers but lots in the 10-15 range

would hope we have at least 4 x 20+, but with the additions we could have about the same # as the Blues in the 10-20 range

5 minutes ago, TU90 said:

Had a lot of fun there today - went by myself (no kids) so I could take it all in.

Miller really impressed me all camp - great pickup.

Petey is a man among boys. Just unbelievable. Stayed again after for so long to sign something for everyone - no one else out there with him.

Bo looked really good in the scrimmage as well - had some really nice moves.

Virtanen has no idea what he's doing out there. Bumps into people on the boards sometimes and skates to the bench.

Gaudette looks much improved which is great to see. Just need to get Sutter out of here so he can take his place in the lineup.

As I was leaving (stuck around for the start of Group C), I ran into Baer, Gaudette and Schaller walking down the street. Didn't say anything though.. should have.

Careful, the eye test with Jake isn't quite accepted on here. 

Gaudette is the standout of training camp so far (for the guys fighting for a spot). He's hungry, in a good way :bigblush:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, TU90 said:

Virtanen has no idea what he's doing out there. Bumps into people on the boards sometimes and skates to the bench.

That is unfortunate to hear. I think it was Craig Button that had him way lower in the draft due to his low hockey IQ, maybe Button was right about that. Kind of sad if he doesn't know where he needs to be after being around the club for a few years now. I want him to succeed but his chances are running out with the Canucks, 1 maybe 2 more years before we might see him moved if he can't improve

1 minute ago, Knucklehd said:

I only hope, that when he scores 15, or even 20 goals this year that people give him some credit.  All the hate is a little much.

To be clear, I don't mean to hate on him, I just expect more. If you single him out when watching live, his lack of hockey IQ and fitness is apparent.

I'm a Canucks fan and I want him to do well. I hope he can mature before it's too late.