The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2019 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

16 hours ago, samurai said:

He is good enough to make the team.  Sending a guy down for the wrong reasons is the wrong message.  Who knows perhaps he doesn't have a good camp and that ends up being the reason, but anything less than that is not good at all.   My hunch is he will have a good camp and therefore have to be on the team or the Nucks will end up losing him. Nobody wants to play for a team that gives you the shaft.

Sending a guy down for NOT fulfilling the expectations of his contract - for THREE LONG YEARS I might add - isn't enough reason? 

Nobody wants a guy on their team that has been giving you the 'shaft' for three years. 

Backchecking and killing penalties isn't going to cut it anymore, we got guys that can/will do that for less money - this guy needs to produce offense - period! 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, CoolCanucklehead said:

Yes looking like it's time to move on from Goldy. No time to develop another Baertschi type. We have to many guys now & coming. 

Trade him with Eriksson + Gadjovich for a draft pick. (retain some of LE $)? whatever it takes...

Ferland  Pettey  Boeser

Miller   Horvat   Leivo

Pearson Sutter Virtanen

Motte  Beagle  MacEwan

Baertschi

Gaudette

Hughes  Myers

Edler     Tanev

Benn    Stecher

Fantenberg

Juolevi 

Markstrom

Demko

:canucks:Stacked with depth :canucks:

What the....Goldy was a solid defensive forward last night, he's done exactly what was asked of him, sprawled out and stopped a 2 on 0, played the body, took a hit to make the play and even took a blatant high crosscheck standing in front of the net screening.

Does what he's told....gets waived? He's essentially become JV but can actually pass and stick handle.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, shad0w4life said:

What the....Goldy was a solid defensive forward last night, he's done exactly what was asked of him, sprawled out and stopped a 2 on 0, played the body, took a hit to make the play and even took a blatant high crosscheck standing in front of the net screening.

Does what he's told....gets waived? He's essentially become JV but can actually pass and stick handle.

Played the body... ok...:huh:

Everything you said about Goldy,  Gaudette, Eriksson, MacEwan, Motte, etc. can do just as good and better.

Goldy needs to score and play in the top 6 if he wants to be in NHL. He just doesn't bring enough of that... 

Miller, Pearson, Boeser, Ferland, Baertschi, are all ahead of him now for the 4 top 6 winger spots.Maybe even Eriksson? 

• Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

Thinking the team will look like this to start:

Ferland - Pettersson - Boeser

Miller - Horvat - Goldobin

Baertschi - Sutter - Virtanen

Pearson - Beagle - Eriksson

Leivo

Edler - Tanev

Hughes - Myers

Benn - Stecher

Biega /Fantenberg

Markstrom

Demko

IR: Roussel

We're not waiving Motte :lol:

3 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

I do think Green has a man crush on Motte due to his motor. 

He's a STELLAR 4th liner, still young, still cheap and plays EXACTLY how the coach wants the team to play. He's not going anywhere, anytime soon IMO.

• Upvote 4

Gaudette has been ok, he should be sent down to take top role. 

Leivo has been alright, he could play bottom minutes but I really don't see his spot here. 

Motte skates hard and throws hits, not bone crushing hits mind you, he is the Biega of fwds imo.

I just dont see these three on opening roster personally.

Schaller can't make the team. 

Edited by Per Her Son

2 minutes ago, bree2 said:

+Pearson should be with BO and Miller , Goldy on the 4th if that

It’s the pre-season and still lots of hockey left to play...hate to say it but injuries might occur - and one or two of the fringe guys including Goldobin could ratchet it up.   He’s not a fourth liner - but might not be a second or third either / time will tell.

• Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, aGENT said:

We're not waiving Motte :lol:

make you think tho, if maybe Leivo could be part of a trade coming up. Jim's in a great position to make a deal now, he doesn't actually have to make any moves with another GM, just waive a couple of guys and its all good, so his bargaining position is quite good. I have to think a team like CBJ would like Leivo, I can see Torts not hating him. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

make you think tho, if maybe Leivo could be part of a trade coming up. Jim's in a great position to make a deal now, he doesn't actually have to make any moves with another GM, just waive a couple of guys and its all good, so his bargaining position is quite good. I have to think a team like CBJ would like Leivo, I can see Torts not hating him. 

Yup. 

But I'd rather just waive Eriksson and trade Baer closer to when Roussel's due back/a team has injuries/increased his value.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1