The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Justin Bailey | #95 | RW

Crabcakes

19 hours ago, wildcam said:

We need his size and speed....

Agree with his speed but he doesn't hit if you watch him play. To get into this league if you can't score you need to hit and play aggressive with his size!!! If he doesn't play that way, he won't make it to the NHL!! 

• Upvote 1

Justin Bailey on scoring four goals in the last four games: “I want to make an impact on a nightly basis with my speed. I was a bit frustrated with my game over the last couple weeks, but it’s nice to help the team by contributing on the scoresheet as of late.”

Spencer Martin on Bailey: “Justin Bailey lead the way offensively for us tonight. He’s big, he’s fast, and I can’t believe he’s not in the NHL. We love having him here, he’s a big part of our team.”

• Vintage 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Bailey has all the tools to be an NHL player.  Just doesn't have the toolbox.  Big, strong, fast, good shot, good defensively.  It's too bad he looks like a career AHLer.  Maybe give him one more shot with Boudreau and see what happens.

With the 4th line playing well atm, it may be hard for him to get another opportunity pending on injury ofcourse. 

• Upvote 1

I'd rather see Bailey than Chiasson as a temp Garland replacement.  Even Lockwood.  But I guess Boudreau hasn't seen these guys play so he doesn't know what he has on the farm.  At least Green had them for training camps so had a sense of their abilities (and still preferred Chiasson, as does BB, so maybe coaches see things in a player that we don't)

10 minutes ago, Googlie said:

I'd rather see Bailey than Chiasson as a temp Garland replacement.  Even Lockwood.  But I guess Boudreau hasn't seen these guys play so he doesn't know what he has on the farm.  At least Green had them for training camps so had a sense of their abilities (and still preferred Chiasson, as does BB, so maybe coaches see things in a player that we don't)

Does CAP concerns come into play? Chiasson is a net front presence but his foot speed just isn’t there. I doubt he ever gets more than 7-9 minutes as long as Motte and Highmore are playing as well as they are. Bailey is a player I would rather invest those minutes into. Leaving Lockwood in Abby for sustained playing time makes more sense until the playoff picture is clearer. If the Canucks are done then I suspect Lockwood, Rathbone and a couple of others get games so JR and BB can see them in action.

On 12/12/2021 at 1:00 AM, filthycanuck said:

I'll take Bailey over worthless Chiasson

There is no symbol to indicate just how much I agree with this, and he has been on pk the last year or so. With Boudreau’s aggressive pk, the next preseason camp will be very interesting - if the Canuck# retain him.

• 1 month later...