The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Justin Bailey | #95 | RW

Crabcakes

1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I would not mind seeing Big Mac and Bailey in for Loui and Schaller.

However, saying Green makes bad decisions is quite ridiculous considering the Canucks lead the Pacific Division. Winning coaches don't typically throw two rookies into the line up during a run with mostly wins in the last 20 games.

image.png.01d245e94394360d321b0096854dd844.png

Edit: pretty much NO ONE, including me, would have thought the Canucks would lead the Pacific on Feb. 8th.  Green has done a good job.

Yeah. Not saying he's been making bad decisions but Eriksson has calmed down the past few and they both could do better than Schaller who's played like a 13th forward and wasn't a part of that success.

Wouldn't hurt to have a look with how those two(Eriksson and Schaller) are playing.

• Cheers 3

31 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Just in Bailey....

....and were good...

Bailey, MAC, and who else young do we have on the farm that will not be a friggin’ marshmallow?  LE, Sutter, Schaller, Benn, Stecher, for sure need to be replaced.  They are WAY TO EASY to play against for just being support/role players.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Bailey, MAC, and who else young do we have on the farm that will not be a friggin’ marshmallow?  LE, Sutter, Schaller, Benn, Stecher, for sure need to be replaced.  They are WAY TO EASY to play against for just being support/role players.  

Well Jasek's a good defensive forward and I have high hopes for him but he's not very physical... but Lind is definitely scrappy.  Podkolzin and Hoglander will have a lot of pushback as well.  Woo's another guy, if he keeps improving.  

Bailey's a big body that can skate well, but just like Myers, don't expect to see any rough stuff from him.  Did the Canucks practice today, and if so, did Bailey skate on a line with anyone significant?  

PS. Gadjovich and Keppen are also more on the tougher variety of players, however I think they're both long shots to make the NHL.  

2 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Well Jasek's a good defensive forward and I have high hopes for him but he's not very physical... but Lind is definitely scrappy.  Podkolzin and Hoglander will have a lot of pushback as well.  Woo's another guy, if he keeps improving.  

Bailey's a big body that can skate well, but just like Myers, don't expect to see any rough stuff from him.  Did the Canucks practice today, and if so, did Bailey skate on a line with anyone significant?  

PS. Gadjovich and Keppen are also more on the tougher variety of players, however I think they're both long shots to make the NHL.  

At this point, only Bailey and Mac are ready for the NHL - maybe Jasek in the fall.  Glaocav - if he was healthy.  Baertschi is skilled enough, but doesn't bring any grit. Goldobin - no grit and defence is a work in progress. Bailey is a big, talented, powerful skating guy, but he is not noted for sandpaper.

• Huggy Bear 1

Looked pretty good in a limited role/minutes last night IMO.

Would like to see him with a bit more time/opportunity on the third but not sure who you'd bump down in his place? Maybe Roussel who's still looks to be finding his way coming back from injury but I'm not sure that's fair/smart to leave Sutter as the lone vet on that line (Bailey, Sutter, Gaudette).

Oh well, baby steps.

On 2/10/2020 at 12:21 AM, Ray_Cathode said:

At this point, only Bailey and Mac are ready for the NHL - maybe Jasek in the fall.  Glaocav - if he was healthy.  Baertschi is skilled enough, but doesn't bring any grit. Goldobin - no grit and defence is a work in progress. Bailey is a big, talented, powerful skating guy, but he is not noted for sandpaper.

kole-lind-canucks-utica.jpg

Really nice to have options, has been a long time coming.

Imagine 2 years ago, if we had this many regulars out of the lineup. We'd be losing every night!

I like our chances in the playoffs this year (Not saying we're ready to win the cup), we have enough depth and guys in Utica who can step in, that we can outlast a lot of other teams in terms of attrition. 

2 hours ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

I think Bailey brought a lot last night.  Noticeable in a good way, with his speed, size and seemed to be making the right plays.  Having Bailey and MacEwen in the lineup definitely brought some more energy than we've had in the previous games.  

It doesn't hurt that both Bailey and MacEwen are big guys as well.  MacEwen would be more physical but both of them bring good qualities to the roster.

I don't see the Canucks clearing roster space for them this season given injury problems but this summer will be very interesting.  If the Canucks can make some deals of roster players, then the team might look quite different in October.

2 hours ago, dpn1 said:

Justin had Lind feeding passes to him setting up most of his goals in Utica.  I think some are selling him short.

Exactly. - he doesn't get 3 hat tricks in 4 games without Lind (and Jasek, for that matter).  Call up the whole line !!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DJSkingz said:

I was very impressed by Bailey last night given his limited ice time. Skated hard, hit hard and played hard. I'd like to see someone with skill feeding him passes as he drives the front of the net.

If nothing else he scares the hell out of opposing dmen on the forecheck. 

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, dpn1 said:

Justin had Lind feeding passes to him setting up most of his goals in Utica.  I think some are selling him short.

I don’t sell Lind short, I just don’t think he is ready this year. Yes, he and Bailey worked well together, but a lot of Bailey’s work was done off the rush. But I do see Lind getting a good look in the fall, the problem is that there are a wall of expensive contracts standing in his way and we won’t be done with them for another year or two. I think Lind won’t be effective as a fourth liner - but in a year or two a lot of expensive contracts will be cleared and Hoglander and Podkolzin are both left shooting wingers - Lind shoots right.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, DJSkingz said:

I was very impressed by Bailey last night given his limited ice time. Skated hard, hit hard and played hard. I'd like to see someone with skill feeding him passes as he drives the front of the net.

In Utica he was receiving a lot of those passes in his own end of the rink, he lugged the puck a lot and drove a lot of defenders back off the blue line.