The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign F Brock Boeser to 3 year deal with AAV of $5.875 million

Adarsh Sant

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

The agent screwed Brock by turning down the 7x7 offered back in June.  Long term deal with a guaranteed 49 million.  Now Brock has a short term deal worth 17.5 million.  Brock is a loyal guy, so he will not fire this agent.  But he should. 

If Boeser continues playing like he has, he will get significantly more money in 3 years. Obviously he has to perform. But if he averages 30+ goals in the next 3 seasons he is gonna get paiiiiiiiiiid in 3 years. Look at Panarin for example. He won the Calder, signed a 2 year bridge, and then cashed in this year. Boeser is on track to do the same. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Nucksfansincebirth said:

About 3 years too long and about 2 million too much money. First of all, hes American. We all know Americans are arrogant douchebags who only care about themselves. You dont win a cup with American players. Second of all 5.8 mill for an injury prone second line winger who hasnt done anything and hasnt shown he will be any better? Hes no leader nor captain unlike guys like Eriksson for example. If I were the aquiline I'd be calling jim to the office and grilling him on his scouting. Let's see a player do something before he is given nearly 6 million. 

Someone is having fun with their ghost account. 

About 3 years too long and about 2 million too much money. First of all, hes American. We all know Americans are arrogant douchebags who only care about themselves. You dont win a cup with American players. Second of all 5.8 mill for an injury prone second line winger who hasnt done anything and hasnt shown he will be any better? Hes no leader nor captain unlike guys like Eriksson for example. If I were the aquiline I'd be calling jim to the office and grilling him on his scouting. Let's see a player do something before he is given nearly 6 million. 

tenor.gif

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Macintyre or Patterson, maybe Sekeres? ;) 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/17/2019 at 7:54 PM, Ghostsof1915 said:

Rick trying for ratings......

I think Rick unfairly gets lumped in with the Matt Sekeres', David Pratt's and JD Burke's of the world. He isn't right 100% of the time but in terms of local media, he's as reputable as it gets. Not that that's saying much, but I think he does a good job most of the time.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Alflives said:

I think the agent is “covering his a$$.  The Canucks leaked the 7x7 offer from back in June.  The agent screwed up telling Brock to wait for more money.  Brock’s contract is way less than the other guys from his draft who have scored less than him.

How accurate is this information? :P

16 hours ago, Alflives said:

The agent is the only one upset, because he’s embarrassed.  He’s trying to squeeze too much out of the teams for the players he represents.  He’s misread the market.  

You may be right here, I'm not sure. But Brock is sitting pretty in 2-3 years when the new TV deal kicks in and he signs for another 7-8 years after playing on Petey's wing.

You wanna talk about agents misreading the market, how about Ben Hutton's agent? You know Benning (and maybe other GMs) offered Hutton more than a 1 year $1.5M contract in the 1st week of July. Now Hutton is playing for his NHL career this year. 

2 hours ago, EP Phone Home said:

As I posted above his tweet with Brock’s quote. It’s hilarious looking at all these chicken littles of the media running around with their heads chopped off with their toxic takes. Glad you said this, so true.:)

Considering the negativity of Canuck twitter, he got near-universally roasted on that one.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Nucksfansincebirth said:

What lives under a bridge

I imagine BB6 gets inked for 6 or 7 yrs, if the NHL Hindquarters didn't pull that Lu recapture-crap.

Both sides realized they had to adjust, compromise, & took care of biz fairly promptly & amicably.

So nice to have young stars a whole fanbase can be proud of..& to have them mentored(at first) by our classiest vets in team history, to boot.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Salacious Crumb said:

If we go 96-0 to win the cup local media and TSN will still say JB sucks ‘cuz we’re a cap team and why couldn’t he have done it for less.

We'd actually have to go 98-0 to win the cup, 82 regular season games plus 16 playoff games

4 hours ago, Nucksfansincebirth said:

4 hours ago, Nucksfansincebirth said:

That'sgreat Brock but let's be real. 6 million for 20 goals is far too high of a cost, especially since coach green never plays you right. I'd rather have a leader and heart and soul guy like Eriksson than a selfish player like that. Not happy bout the contract.

What the actual &^@# lol

dcc7c9cbf9974fd5b7faae1d84051ac0.jpg

Edited by BrockBoester

5 hours ago, Nucksfansincebirth said:

Nucks fan since birth????

Is that like 12 years ago?

By the look of it so is at least one poster on this board...

Troll.thumb.jpg.f89f60ffca74cb99abd1d5a68379f472.jpg

Edited by spook007
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, stawns said:

Well at least one (or two) of Petey, Bo, Hughes, Podz, OJ or Boes will be gone in the next 4-5 years.  Boes' is a leading candidate, imo.

4-5 years is a very long time. Like half of a typical NHL career. And half the names you listed haven't even proven that they are  NHL players yet. Yes, no doubt there will be some turnover on the team in that time. But worrying about it at this point in time is ridiculous.

• Upvote 2