The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign F Brock Boeser to 3 year deal with AAV of $5.875 million

Adarsh Sant

18 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

That is cheap. A win for the organization and GMs everywhere. 

Brock should can his agent though. Damn, I never even considered under 6. 

It's also a win of sorts for Boeser and his agent.  Short term, requires a 7.5 qualifying offer at the end or he can sign elsewhere.  He gets paid well, but not as well as he could have if he signed for long term.  If he performs, he gets paid very well in the next contract.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Down by the River said:

The guy must be getting awful ratings at 650 because he's become a real tool since becoming a host instead of a journalist. 

Guy doesn't understand (or is pretending not to) that negotiations aren't like building a bridge. You don't watch it get closer and closer to being done. Nothing happens and then a lot happens. It is not a linear process. Hopefully he learns from this. 

He is getting beyond annoying. Now his tirade will be Brock bolts in 3 years. 

Welcome Back Brock! 

I like the deal, the Canucks need to shave under $2 million from the cap and that's before LTIR. 

Thanks Jim. Fair deal. Take tomorrow off. 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Provost said:

What does this deal have to do with his report?

This is a 3 year term which wold be expected to be a much lower AAV.  It also effectively guarantees that in year 4, Boeser gets more than $7.5.

It has no relation to a cap number for a 6 year deal.

It’s really a 4 year 6.281m dollar deal if he’s qualified at 7.5 in the end. 

Edited by AllWeatherFan

6 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

Warning: Unpopular opinion

Am I the only person on here that was hoping for a MacAvoy/Werenski AAV considering Boeser's lack of leverage? I don't hate the contract but is BB really worth almost a million more than those 2? I'd say Brock did pretty damn good here. 

Fair comments. Both of those players are on absolute steals and arguably are better deals than Brock's deal. I think with the three-year deal, we're seeing a sort of hybrid bridge contract these days that pays a bit more, but still less than a full long-term deal. The bridge deals of old were almost always 1 or 2 years. I can get why you'd hope for a similarly cheap deal, but at the end of the day, I still think we got Brock for a good deal as well, so I'm not going to complain about this one.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, TheRocket18 said:

Grand larceny by Benning here.

Loui must be kicking brock a mil so he doesnt get sent down.

We have alot of good contracts on our team.

Thanks Brock.

I think the only truly *bad* contract Jim signed was the Eriksson contract. And even 'on paper' at the time it wasn't an abomination, it only became one when Loui decided he now HAD that contract and didn't have to try anymore.

Gudbranson wound up being a less-than-good contract, but I think the intention was there; a "potential" top 4 physical d-man, still young and hopefully improving. He just never improved here, and then stopped being physical. I wouldn't say it was a "Bad" deal. Not like the Leafs get to deal with. Especially with the reports that the cap might not move for two years hahahaha. Suck it leafers.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

But but... the Canucks don't have the cap space to sign Boeser.  They mismanaged their cap, blew it on 4th liners, blew it on signing Ferland first, have to give away players now, have to trade off picks to get the space... 

Oh why couldn't Aqualini have hired a genius like Dubas?

:sadno:

And they never should have let Gilman go... the capologist wonder worker!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

He is getting beyond annoying. Now his tirade will be Brock bolts in 3 years. 

Welcome Back Brock! 

I like the deal, the Canucks need to shave under $2 million from the cap and that's before LTIR. 

Thanks Jim. Fair deal. Take tomorrow off. 

Schaller and LE to Utica take care of that.

Edited by sonoman
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2