The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign F Brock Boeser to 3 year deal with AAV of $5.875 million

Adarsh Sant

Warning: Unpopular opinion

Am I the only person on here that was hoping for a MacAvoy/Werenski AAV considering Boeser's lack of leverage? I don't hate the contract but is BB really worth almost a million more than those 2? I'd say Brock did pretty damn good here. 

Edit: I should have known better than to post this on CDC lol. I love Brock but MacAvoy's the more valuable player of the 2. 

Edited by VIC_CITY
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 3
  • Wat 2

5 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

Like I said in the other thread, don't trust Matt Sekeres as a source.  This is a great deal for the Canucks!  Good Job JB!

What does this deal have to do with his report?

This is a 3 year term which wold be expected to be a much lower AAV.  It also effectively guarantees that in year 4, Boeser gets more than $7.5.

It has no relation to a cap number for a 6 year deal.

42 minutes ago, combover said:

glad they got it done and he  won’t miss any time. 

He's already missed some important time.  Practice time is important.  So says coach Green anyway, and I tend to agree.  But anyway it worked out OK and I like the contract.  I just don't like any player missing camp.  However it's done now, let's play some hockey!  Go Canucks Go!

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, sonoman said:

Dhaliwal an hour ago, nothing new to report ;) 

The guy must be getting awful ratings at 650 because he's become a real tool since becoming a host instead of a journalist. 

Guy doesn't understand (or is pretending not to) that negotiations aren't like building a bridge. You don't watch it get closer and closer to being done. Nothing happens and then a lot happens. It is not a linear process. Hopefully he learns from this. 

• Upvote 3

Exactly what his AAV should have been around this is a good signing for both parties. I'm sure glad non of the boneheads out there thinking he should have been offered 8+ now a few days ago are in charge lol.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I recall several questioning his loyalty to the team, saying he was entitled, saying he was greedy, even some implying that by not signing earlier he somehow didn't care about his father.

The Boeser thread is littered with posts like these. 

Along with suggestions he'll come to camp out of shape despite playing during the summer and working out on his own.  Can't believe it had to be said that Brock is a fine young man, but for whatever reason it did.  We are lucky to have him.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 2