Motte-Beagle-Erikson

Edler-Myers

Quinn-Tanev

Benn-Stech

Mark

Demko

I'm cool with that lineup..

Leivo, Boucher, Gaudette, Fanten, Biega, Sautner waiting in the wings

We almost have too much depth. I feel like we might lose someone to waivers or a trade.

Nice optimism, I feel the same way. I don't have any real concerns for this year. Even if Tanev goes down, Brisebois, Teves and Rafferty have looked pretty good, and there's always Juolevi later in the season. I also love Biega, he's like a wrecking ball out there. His effort makes me smile. I wasn't convinced with the goaltending this year (yet), but Demko sure played solid last night, and I feel better knowing he could step in if needed and play lights out. He's going to be good.

Jim said if we get depth injuries this year guys like Lind and MacEwen will be the guys getting called up. I assume if we waive a few NHL guys and they clear.. they might get called up first. 

It is exciting knowing these guys will get looks at the NHL level. Let's see how Gaudette looks down the stretch of pre season games here. He hasn't looked great thus far. Good effort but very little to show for it.

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

NSH really wanted Gaudette. Wonder if that might be worth exploring. Jim is still really high on him.

I'm curious what they offered to acquire him.

Nashville wanted to clear cap space.  He was rumoured part of the return for Subban because he could go through waivers - there is no spot for Gaudette on their roster.   Poile explained that they made the deal with NJD because they were the only team willing to take the full cap hit.  The return was mostly secondary.

Edited by mll
  • Cheers 1

Sautner and Brise both look ready to fill in, they are quality, young depth with lots of room to improve.

Stetcher looked good out there on Monday night too, so our NHL ready players have also gotten deeper themselves.

But I agree, it could be better. I'd like to see at least half of the picks from the next 2 drafts, at least, be D.

Edited by xereau

4 hours ago, Chicken. said:

Ferl-Petey-Boes

Baer-Bo-Miller

Pearson-Sutt-Virt

Motte-Beagle-Erikson

Edler-Myers

Quinn-Tanev

Benn-Stech

Mark

Demko

I'm cool with that lineup..

Leivo, Boucher, Gaudette, Fanten, Biega, Sautner waiting in the wings

We almost have too much depth. I feel like we might lose someone to waivers or a trade.

I'd add Joulevi to that list of callups as well.  

It is going to be huge to have NHL calibre players to call up from the minors.  Hopefully the days of icing guys like Megna, Cramarossa, and Kenins are behnd us.

5 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Would've felt a lot better with Tkatchuk instead of Juolevi. That's not really even a "in hindsight" comment either

and we may not have gotten petey or hughes in hindsight  and plus we needed dmen at the time   it is what it is  

Edited by the grinder

6 hours ago, mll said:

Nashville wanted to clear cap space.  He was rumoured part of the return for Subban because he could go through waivers - there is no spot for Gaudette on their roster.   Poile explained that they made the deal with NJD because they were the only team willing to take the full cap hit.  The return was mostly secondary.

This