The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Boeser & Fantenberg are both in concussion protocol,

Rate this topic

alt kilgore

1 minute ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Who wants to play the guessing game of gussying which Canucks star player who we think will be the next one to be “injured on a hockey play”? 

I vote for a Loui injury.  Do Utica players count? 

Edited by Alflives
  • Wat 4

3 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

The genius that runs the the DOPS ....   

25B97E16-3B87-4BF4-BF8F-E718550AF34A.jpeg

I love how they always put these guys who had no regard for player safety in charge of player safety.

Thats like putting someone who worked in a slaughter house in charge of running a petting zoo.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 3

On 9/27/2019 at 1:05 AM, vinny_in_vancouver said:

That's only one of the things Ferland was brought in for. Are you suggesting that we got him as a full-time enforcer? That's one expensive enforcer. And he should not be getting penciled in for a top 6 role. Furthermore, Ferland just came back from an illness, and he needs to get caught up in time for the start of the regular season. 

I’m not suggesting he will pay the same role as Gino Odjick. Enforcers no longer play in the NHL. 

Ferland is the toughest player in the squad at the moment, he knows fighting is part of his role. Just because he is playing in the top 6 doesn’t mean he shouldn’t stand up for his teammates. A player like Leivo or Baertchi could easily fill in for him during the 5 minutes he sits in the box during his 7 or 8 fights this season. Ferland will pick his moments. 

I like the toughness we have in the squad this year, especially when Roussel returns. Assigning a role like this to a pure enforcer is a thing of the past. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/26/2019 at 11:22 PM, Shirotashi said:

Stars have always been targets why would the GMs surround stars with the types of players they did if they were never touched by virtue of a sense of honor i guess? The farther back you go up until a certain point the more this was true. We are just now trending away from that, you now notice less brawlers in the league. 

Your right, there was a sense of honor. I don't remember guys like Gretzky getting any elbows to the head. Paul Kariya and Lindros were some of the first stars I remember receiving head shots. Guys like Marchand, Cooke, Moore etc. came along and they no longer had any worries of retribution. The "weasels" of the NHL world live on and the "cheap shots" continue. 

On 9/28/2019 at 5:23 AM, canuck2288 said:

Boo The little man Gary at the draft = retribution from the NHL

thats how the rigged old boys NHL works 

F off Gary 

also that’s what what happens when you let a concussed moron run the DOPS .... department of dip sh1ts 

He gets booed in every building.