The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Boeser & Fantenberg are both in concussion protocol,

Rate this topic

alt kilgore

Just now, RowdyCanuck said:

the problem I have is the fact there was no answer back....they just did what the Sedins taught them to do just turn the cheek and beat them on the scoreboard.....Green needs to grow a set and tap acouple guys on the shoulder and make the other teams stars feel the pain. 

Agree 100% with this section. Regardless of blame, one of stars is now injured, and there wasn't even an attempt at pushback. Even if a player does put themselves in a vulnerable position, we need to create an environment where opposing players think twice about taking advantage. It's not like we're talking about a one time thing here. Petey war targeted last season, and the story was the same. No pushback. If we respond as soon as Matheson chokeslams Petey, maybe Tierney thinks twice about taking advantage of Boeser last night. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Here's the thing, even if we disagree on how dirty the hit actually was (SPOILER ALERT: The answer is very dirty), it should at least be agreed on that we need to create an environment where even borderline hits aren't tolerated. Teams need to second guess themselves every time an 'opportunity' like that arises. Bottom line is that a star player is now out with a concussion....again, and yet again nothing was done about it. Hell, our coach even called it a "hockey play" (seems weird to me that a "hockey play" gets a penalty at all, but whatever). When there's no pushback, and the coach of player that was targeted is actually covering for the player that threw the hit, players and coaches from opposing teams are going to know that they have free reign over our star players. 

If somebody sarcastically asks whether or not we should "retaliate every time one of our players is hit?", my answer would be "You goddamn right we should".

Green said that was a hockey play? 

Would like to hear that.

I would actually fire him over that if I were his boss. Even if he's right he shouldn't say that.

Green is a goof if he said that.

• Cheers 2

46 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

So.... is BB gonna be out at least 2 weeks missing the opener?? That just really sucks!!!

MacEwen!! Shaller!! You had one job.... to prove your worth...

If they have instruction from the coach not to retaliate I these occasions then they are sealing there fate by going after him.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

Green said that was a hockey play? 

Would like to hear that.

I would actually fire him over that if I were his boss. Even if he's right he shouldn't say that.

Green is a goof if he said that.

About 1:15 into the interview.

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot

1 hour ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:
About 1:15 into the interview.

Thànks 48

Are we that bias as Canuck fans that we think that was a dirty hit when it wasn't. 

I think I'm a pretty objective guy and that hit seemed completely what the league has been trying to get rid of.

Dissapointed in green for sure .  

Edited by Roger Neilsons Towel
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, erkayloomeh said:

Thànks 48

Are we that bias as Canuck fans that we think that was a dirty hit when it wasn't. 

I think I'm a pretty objective guy and that hit seemed completely what the league has been trying to get rid of.

No problem.

Hey, do me a favor. I accidentally quoted my tweet instead of the Canucks tweet, and I used some...profanity. Do you mind editing that out of your post?  :P

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

Thànks 48

Same here man. Do you have any thoughts as to why Green is downplaying this?

2 hours ago, Trebreh said:

this is where i miss Crow and even Torts. They would go off if they saw their star player get injured from a dirty hit in preseason.

I thought the same thing, Torts would blow up if a journalist suggested that was a hockey play!

Crow would have ensured instant karma.

Green is new age: Managing escalation is to stop and take a step back kinda guy.

Kumbaya.

• Upvote 1

Here's the thing.  

1 the nhl protocol on concussions is designed to protect the league from lawsuits.  It is not designed to protect players.

2 If coaches or management speak out they are subject to fines/censure. So they say things like it's unfortunate but it's a hockey play. 

3. The players know you can injure people and the repercussions are always less for the injurer than the injuree.  

This is the reality. Sad that this league protects itself and it's owners while exposing it's young stars. Sad. Sad.

• Thanks 1