The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Boeser & Fantenberg are both in concussion protocol,

Rate this topic

alt kilgore

Just now, Viper007 said:

If Brock wasn't hurt would you be caring about it?? I don't think you would be.  Was it a dirty play?  Yes.  But it happens.  Until the DoPS starts suspending more harshly for these incidents, these hits will continue to happen.  The referees should have called this a 5 min. penalty in my mind, and suspended the guy.  

Also people need to use common sense, is a girl walking in a dark alley in the middle of a night a smart thing to do? I would say no.  Doesn't matter what she's wearing.  She shouldn't be walking down the dark alley in the first place.  It's again all about common sense.  Don't put yourself in a situation where things can happen.

So you're saying the girl shoulders the blame?

51 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

How do you know what Green says to his players?  Are you in the room?  How do you know he doesn't say one thing to the media and then says something else in the room so that he doesn't get fined.  We don't know what is said in that locker room, and we never will on something like that.

All Crawford did was point to Moore’s name on a white board and he was named in the lawsuit against Bertuzzi and the Canucks.  

Your right - we don’t know what was said or is said behind closed doors and he definitely has to be careful what he says infront of the media - that said he doesn’t have to call it a “ hockey play” - can call it a “dirty play “ or a “dangerous hit” and be a little mad about i, fans can figure it out pretty easily and let’s call a tomato a tomato - that’s a play that doesn’t need to be in the game.  If he gets clocked on a clean hit that’s different and ok.    I definitely doubt this sort of thing would have gone unpunished if Beiksa was here, or Rypien or Dorsett and i felt most of those teams were a little soft too.   This team needs to create a better identity - im now praying that at least Ferland won’t stand for this sort of thing.  

Tomorrow is better then never but still these things need to be dealt with swiftly and with whomever is on the ice at the time so they don’t fester and so the rest of the league knows to stay away from that sort of “hockey play” if they want to keep their teeth.   Use the lumber if you have too - the Sedins did - learning how to play in the dead puck era it was the only way they could get some respect and more space as they definitely weren’t dropping the gloves. 

42 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

JB was not enforcer management guy for Boston, it was ChiaPet. we saw that when he signed Lucic, Gryba, traded for Larsson and Kassian.

We will never be a physical team, kind of sad, I love watching that kind of hockey and you need a decent element of team toughness come playoffs

Jb went after Lucic hard but Lucic wanted to play with mcdavid and JB traded for DD and Prust and Gubby......I don't think the problem is JB ..... I think Green is the problem....

8 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

But she should have the freedom to put herself in that situation if she so chooses without fear of being assaulted, should she not?

Can you take your non hockey debate elsewhere? Its repetitive and pretty pathetic where you've taken an argument over these hits.

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I don't believe that this core group of guys have character in every other way but don't care about or won't stand up for their team mates. Bo will get the C and they will work this crap out. 

Honestly I like Bo,

But I've never really seen him stand up for the guys

Hes a big boy

He could a made a point himself as a leader.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

But she should have the freedom to put herself in that situation if she so chooses without fear of being assaulted, should she not?

Yes she should go where ever but it's common sense most girls know to go out on groups just like there five players on the ice not counting the goalie, also some girls go out in groups and and have a guy friend or two that deal with the creeps....

so lets go get some muscle to deal with the creeps

Edited by RowdyCanuck

I’m pissed off... this team gets so many injuries every year. 
It feels wrong suggesting this, but guys like Brock need to stay down longer when they get hit like that. He stays down an extra minute and the referees call the play more appropriately, and the Canucks respond better if the referees don’t. He bounces up like he did makes us all forget about it. I wouldn’t consider it diving as much as reflecting on how serious of a hit he was just given.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

The blame is NOT on Coach Green. He may say something like just play the game, but if a teammate got run over, or hit from behind do you honestly think he is going to bench or suspend you for standing up for your fellow teammate!? 

Give you head a shake, that to me is when you know your team has gelled and has each others back! 

• Like 1

Just now, RowdyCanuck said:

Yes she should go where ever but it's common sense most girls know to go out on groups just like there five players on the ice not counting the goalie, also some girls go out in groups and and have a guy friend or two that deal with the creeps....

While it's certainly not a "smart thing to do", we're in agreement that the victim isn't to blame. So why are there people attacking Boeser when the only crime he commited was trusting that the opposing player would follow the rules?

7 minutes ago, Slegr said:

I’m pissed off... this team gets so many injuries every year. 
It feels wrong suggesting this, but guys like Brock need to stay down longer when they get hit like that. He stays down an extra minute and the referees call the play more appropriately, and the Canucks respond better if the referees don’t. He bounces up like he did makes us all forget about it. I wouldn’t consider it diving as much as reflecting on how serious of a hit he was just given.

Yep and someone on our team should have went after their "Boeser" and every time it happens..

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

While it's certainly not a "smart thing to do", we're in agreement that the victim isn't to blame. So why are there people attacking Boeser when the only crime he commited was trusting that the opposing player would follow the rules?

I agree going after boeser isn't the best way go but Brock did put him self in a dangerous position and he paid the price....

the problem I have is the fact there was no answer back....they just did what the Sedins taught them to do just turn the cheek and beat them on the scoreboard.....Green needs to grow a set and tap acouple guys on the shoulder and make the other teams stars feel the pain.