The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tyler Graovac | C

-Vintage Canuck-

7 hours ago, sockeye said:

Tyler Graovac is doing a "lot of the little things right" but he gets paid a lot less than some other players.  He has shown to be a good two-way player with decent skill.  I will be disappointed if we can't find a spot on our NHL team next year in a bottom 6 role and depth player.  I actually liked him last year until he had the serious injury. 

Graovac, Hawryluk and Highmore have shown like they could earn a spot but especially Graovac.

Yup, those three have been playing like their NHL jobs depend on it.  

I was disappointed that their line got broken up but I get that Highmore was put with Bo and Pearson to matchup against McDavid. 

28 year old Graovac reminds me of a 35 year old Getzlaf just in terms of their play styles and the way they move on the ice. Put the pitchforks down please. 

Unless Jasek and Focht come knocking down the door, I don’t see better options for bottom 6 Center position. 

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

I like Graovac.   Character guy

He is a UFA this summer but I am hoping that they re-sign him on a two way contract. With the farm team now close by he would be an easy call up if he does not make the Canucks out of training camp.

The Canucks are going to need a lot of bodies to flesh out the farm team roster this coming year and I think a number of current AHL players (Rafferty, Chatfield, Sautner, Arseneau and Stevens) plus recent additions such as Highmore. Hawryluk, Michaelis and Bowey, could be in the mix for both the farm team and as call ups if needed

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kootenay Gold said:

He is a UFA this summer but I am hoping that they re-sign him on a two way contract. With the farm team now close by he would be an easy call up if he does not make the Canucks out of training camp.

The Canucks are going to need a lot of bodies to flesh out the farm team roster this coming year and I think a number of current AHL players (Rafferty, Chatfield, Sautner, Arseneau and Stevens) plus recent additions such as Highmore. Hawryluk, Michaelis and Bowey, could be in the mix for both the farm team and as call ups if needed

Just a quick spread sheet I made up regarding next years Canuck and farm team composition. Obviously it is only a projection and many pieces could be added or removed depending on what JB does in the off season.

image.thumb.jpeg.5d91f7318861cc1e8954e1896a00198c.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

On 5/9/2021 at 4:06 PM, Kootenay Gold said:

Just a quick spread sheet I made up regarding next years Canuck and farm team composition. Obviously it is only a projection and many pieces could be added or removed depending on what JB does in the off season.

image.thumb.jpeg.5d91f7318861cc1e8954e1896a00198c.jpeg

I actually like that defensive group. Pairs a veteran defensemen with an up and coming top4 D. It'll be interesting to see who Seattle takes in the expansion draft

23 minutes ago, vannuck59 said:

Dont sign Sutter

I think a lot of whether he is re-signed or not will come down to price and term and what he can fetch on the open market. IMO, anything North of 2.5 mil and max 2 yr term would be time to say goodbye. Don't think the Canucks will want to go beyond those two parameters.

Other factor will be the status of Jay Beagle and his future.

Edited by Kootenay Gold
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

32 minutes ago, vannuck59 said:

Dont sign Sutter

I mean I’d take a run at Alex Wennberg for the 3C but if you can’t replace Sutter and he’s willing to sign a cheaper deal then he’s a fine player. Sutter isn’t a bad player he has value just not worth 4.2 million a year value. If you can get him closer to 2-2.2 then Sutter being back isn’t a bad thing. He can transition into the 4C when Beagles contract runs out in a year.

I said the other day, Graovac would be an everyday 4C if he played like his 6'5 frame. Last night he did. He has a little bit of skill and if he just brought that grit and physicality everynight like he did last night be'd be an effective player.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

He has a little bit of skill and if he just brought that grit and physicality everynight like he did last night be'd be an effective player.

That is one of the biggest reasons he has not been able to land a lasting job as an NHL'er. Has played for Minny, Capital's and Vancouver with modest results. A decent dose of truculence would really improve his odds of sticking in the NHL.

Sad to say, but I doubt that is ever going to happen as he is 28 yrs old now.

2 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

That is one of the biggest reasons he has not been able to land a lasting job as an NHL'er. Has played for Minny, Capital's and Vancouver with modest results. A decent dose of truculence would really improve his odds of sticking in the NHL.

Sad to say, but I doubt that is ever going to happen as he is 28 yrs old now.

True, but man that open ice hit last night was a site for saw eyes. If he wants to stay in the NHL that's what he needs

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

On 5/12/2021 at 9:04 AM, Outsiders said:

I said the other day, Graovac would be an everyday 4C if he played like his 6'5 frame. Last night he did. He has a little bit of skill and if he just brought that grit and physicality everynight like he did last night be'd be an effective player.

Graovac can be our 3rd line center he needs to work on faceoffs but thats about it.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Canucks interested in bringing back Tyler Graovac

They should. He’s cheap, solid depth and had some decent numbers last season. Point per game in his AHL stint (loaned to the Moose), and had the same goals/60 rate as Höglander with the Canucks. Got buried a bit on his underlying numbers, but really no worse than about a dozen other players who rotated through the bottom of the lineup last season.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Did anyone catch one of his last goals

for Canucks ? If someone has the highlights for it cuz it was a sick skill goal!

I believe he won a face off then went around a player and roofed it at about the goal line .

after seeing that goal I’ve wanted him back next season 

11 minutes ago, Pazura92 said:

Did anyone catch one of his last goals

for Canucks ? If someone has the highlights for it cuz it was a sick skill goal!

I believe he won a face off then went around a player and roofed it at about the goal line .

after seeing that goal I’ve wanted him back next season 

He actually looked the best in the game where he had Highmore and Hawryluk on his wings. If he has two speedy wingers that are great forecheckers, it allows him to control the center of the ice pretty well.