The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers, Oct 2, 2019, 7 PM

Rate this topic

KyoNami

Petey and Brock very easily neutralized tonight, and by a pretty crappy defense to boot.

This team rides on those guys. They better get their $&!# together now.

Defensive coverage was crap tonight, although at least the defensemen were getting some chances on net, which is more than you could say for a lot of our guys. 

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Had a whole training camp & pre-season, and this is what they come up with as a PP unit. PP could've made the difference. 

Oh yeah, and this. Diluting the power play units is hot garbage. Load up on 1st unit dip$&!#. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Re watch the McDavid goal.

He looked poor giving it up. Looked worse making no effort to cover the slot after.

I will

Really unimpressed with the team as a whole tonight. I might be unfairly blaming green for failing to ice a team that was ready.

They didn't look good at all though.

Pretty awful actually. Not a great sign

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Petey and Brock very easily neutralized tonight, and by a pretty crappy defense to boot.

This team rides on those guys. They better get their $&!# together now.

Defensive coverage was crap tonight, although at least the defensemen were getting some chances on net, which is more than you could say for a lot of our guys. 

Tippet is a good coach. :).......it sucks for us, but just like you said.

Edited by The Aquamen

2 minutes ago, cowboy644 said:

Green and his bloody line matching is absolutely ridiculous.His 1980's mentality makes me cringe.This loss falls to him.Add to that Gaudette would have not sat on the bench like Jake.

Agreed. Virtanen was once again invisible. 

• Upvote 1

I guess it's totally cool for Smith to yank Pearsons stick from his hands and throw it to the corner.

I guess it's totally cool for Kassian to cross check Pettersson into the boards.

Just a couple exceptions I noticed in the final minutes.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2