The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Kings @ Canucks 7pm Oct 9th 2019 - Home Opener/Captain's Edition

Rate this topic

xereau

1 minute ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Makes sense that Ferland is dropping down the lineup, he hasn't brought anything yet. Leivo is dodging bullets like Neo in the matrix. Dude gets a tonne of opportunities. 

Baer is better than Leivo, especially in a scoring/play driving spot.  

18 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Makes sense that Ferland is dropping down the lineup, he hasn't brought anything yet. Leivo is dodging bullets like Neo in the matrix. Dude gets a tonne of opportunities. 

Yeah Leivo must have something on Green. Hahaha.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Totally agree.  Wednesday is not a must win, but it's a better win game.  Getting off to a crappy start will have people calling for Green's head.  

I still say having Loui around this group is bad for the team.  Players know who the best ones are, and who should be on the team.  Sending Baer to the minors instead of Loui was a HUMONGOUS mistake.  

I’m not so sure yet, but definitely think sending him down instead of Schaller was one.   Let’s see how things play out over the next ten-fifteen games.  Today’s lineup looks a little better - although I think Leivo should be the 13th guy with LE.

Eventually we might see something like this ...

Miller EP Boeser - Load it up!

Pearson Horvat Bear - Off wing but..

Ferland Gaudette JV - an actual third line

LE/Leivo Beagle Sutter  - ONE shutdown line who cares how expensive 

Edler - Myers. (Solid line)

Hughes - Tanev (For now)

Benn - Stecher (good third line)

Fatburgers/OJ/Brisbois

PP1 Miller-Horvat-EP-Boeser-Hughes/Myers LOAD it up

PP2.   Ferland-Gaudette-JV-Bear-Edler/Hughes/Myers - better then last years ...

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

and probably the least effective player on the team.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

I was listening to Todd Bertuzzi on 650 AM this morning and his take on the power play.  He said every team in the league does a version of the drop pass or passes sometimes 2 in order to gain entry to the zone.  Dumping it in doesn’t work with mobile goalies and defence man able to retrieve the pucks so quickly.  He also said every team uses the same basic setup using the half wall, man in front etc.  The key is to have quick puck movement and creativity.  I noticed stagnant players in the first 2 games.

exactly, it's not the coach, it's the players not executing