The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Los Angeles Kings at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 09, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I don't think our PK was good even though the box score said differently.

They were making all those cross passes pretty easily.

We were lucky Markstrom had good positioning, one of the main reasons they had so many shots today.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

That was definitely the loudest cheer of the night, when Bert came in. Pretty great throwback opening and good game overall

the ‘Larsheiders’ in the upper bowl were making some pretty good noise, and some guy named Crazy P on his jersey was starting chants in my lowerbowl section lol

I wish there was a video of that opening available somewheres. I wasn't able to get home to watch it in time.

2 minutes ago, brownky said:

I don't mind giving up 40 shots a game, if 40 of them are from the perimeter and Marky has a good line of sight on them.

I have a huge problem giving up 25 shots a game if 10-15 of them are grade-A scoring chances like 2-1s or cross slot one-timers.

Shots from the other team can very often lead to a possession change in our favour, especially if the shots are of poor quality (like a dump-in shot on a change). A busy goalie never gets out of the game either.

oh for sure. It didn't really feel like a 40 shot game since so many were low quality chances. I think its more that Green is still experimenting with lines and 5 guys that are brand new to the system. 20 games from now its probably not a thing.

I was really struck with the quality of puck movement, I haven't seen that in a long time. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm a little concerned with the number of shots given up, but most of them were pretty low chance events other than 4 or 5 nice saves by Marky.

Gaudette is impressing the heck out of me. I really didn't think he'd make the team, let alone make a case to be an important player on the 3rd line. The Ferland-AG-Sutter experiment had its raw moments but it also pushed some offence. 

I think I might have a man crush on Miller. Yeah I said it. 

yeah we outshot in the previous 2...   BUT most of the kings have been playing for awhile together and still pass pretty good...  we're still getting used to new faces and style of players thrown in all at once...  

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, BlueDragon23 said:

Kings defenseman Drew Doughty wasn’t holding back after 8-2 loss to the Canucks tonight: “It’s (expletive) just embarrassing. A team like that should not be beating a team like ours 8-2, there’s absolutely no way

Doughty reaffirming why we call him Poughty! :rolleyes:

Does he forget where they finished in the standings last season? :lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Aquamen said:

Talks too much, his 11 AAV will look bad soon. Stay humble 

You should have heard him last night after the game, I watched the LA feed of the Kings/Flames game.  Even though they won he was still p*ssed because the gave up a 3-0 lead.  He scored the winner in OT and was taunting the crowd.  Apparently DD & MT have some running feud and were giving each the gears all night.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Cali Canuck said:

You should have heard him last night after the game, I watched the LA feed of the Kings/Flames game.  Even though they won he was still p*ssed because the gave up a 3-0 lead.  He scored the winner in OT and was taunting the crowd.  Apparently DD & MT have some running feud and were giving each the gears all night.

Doughty is MT's bich that's all...

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, BlueDragon23 said:

Kings defenseman Drew Doughty wasn’t holding back after 8-2 loss to the Canucks tonight: “It’s (expletive) just embarrassing. A team like that should not be beating a team like ours 8-2, there’s absolutely no way

Doughty reaffirming why we call him Poughty! :rolleyes:

His team isnt any better than ours, if anything ours will be better, even the TSN predictors say we will have more points than LA, drew is some serious smoke if he thinks his team is better, as he put "A TEAM LIKE THAT, SHOULD NOT BE BEATING a TEAM LIKE OURS" so hes saying we are inferior to his team, ya right

Edited by Dave "The Hammer" Schultz

Just now, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Brandon Sutter was outstanding tonight.  People need to stop trying to run him outta town.

When hes healthy hes always a good player, but hes always hurt most of the time, is why people wanna run him out, if he can stay healthy he can be great, but thats the problem he cant

• Cheers 1