The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Recall] Canucks call up G Zane MacIntyre

Rate this topic

Ossi Vaananen

43 minutes ago, Dombrova22 said:

Fu** me. Demko scares me. 

I like Demko, personally I wish he got into more games in the pre season. He didn't look on point when he played in the pre season. I am hoping he does well, can spell Marky some rest during the year and make it more clear he could be the next #1. Meaning, we sign Marky to a short term extension...if he will accept that tho is another question

32 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Likely the plan was to start Demko vs Detroit anyway.  It’s the Thursday game vs St. Louis that Marky would have played.  Then Marky joins the team on the road.  Looks like Marky will miss a couple starts, and Demko will get the next three.  

Demko will do great!  I see three more wins in a row to get us to five for this winning streak.  Marky comes back and adds two more wins.  We are headed for a seven game winning streak!:towel:

You're starting to sound like Apollo  :lol:

• Haha 2

Looking over their schedule, 8 of the next 10 games are winnable.  In other words, if they're going to make the playoffs, 8 of the next 10 are against teams they should beat.

1. Detroit
  2. St Louis *
  3. New Jersey
  4. Rangers
  5. Detroit
  6. Washington *
  7. Florida
  8. LA
  9. Anaheim
  10. San Jose
Edited by Crabcakes

9 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

All the best Marky, hope all is well.

Huge opportunity for Demko here.  He won't get an extended look in net like this.  Time for him to run with it and gain Greener's trust that he can push for more games in net.

He without a doubt realizes this is a great opportunity for him. With how Marky is playing the Canucks will ride the hot had this year unless its a back to back then its just S M R T to play thebackup in those games.

Hope the team plays well in front of Demko, and Thatcher plays well for us over the next week. He isn't that young, time to show the league what kind of G you are and make a statement this week with some solid goaltending!

54 minutes ago, Dombrova22 said:

Yes really. He is good, but it seems like every 3rd or 4th game the guy decides to let in 5+. 

Yet still post pretty good numbers... Demko is considered one of the best prospects in the NHL.. Take off your hater shades

• Wat 1

13 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

He without a doubt realizes this is a great opportunity for him. With how Marky is playing the Canucks will ride the hot had this year unless its a back to back then its just S M R T to play thebackup in those games.

Hope the team plays well in front of Demko, and Thatcher plays well for us over the next week. He isn't that young, time to show the league what kind of G you are and make a statement this week with some solid goaltending!

Demko is crazy young haha! Most goalies don't even make the show that young... Look how long it took Markstrom to hit his stride.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

Demko is crazy young haha! Most goalies don't even make the show that young... Look how long it took Markstrom to hit his stride.

He isn't old but he is 23 turning 24 in less than 2 months with 10 NHL games under his belt. Not many G can pull a Carter Hart but this is a big year for Demko, I don't want to see us sign Markstrom long term. He will be 30 after this year, he will want decent term as its his 1 big $ contract opportunity. If we sign him long term with the inevitable ntc or nmc that makes Demko unlikely to become the new #1.

Lot of time and many things can factor in to what happens tho. Happy Demko is getting a few games in a row, get himself into a groove vs playing once every couple weeks

1 hour ago, Dombrova22 said:

Yes really. He is good, but it seems like every 3rd or 4th game the guy decides to let in 5+. 

And yet he still maintained a 0.913 over 9 games.  Sometimes the players in front of the goalie have some responsibility in a bad game too.

Regardless, Demko needs to get some games under his belt.  This is a big opportunity for the team's backup goalie.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Zane McIntyre scares me. 2.92 GAA, and .903 save percentage. And that's in the AHL. 

I've watched both games of his, he's ok. I've noticed he's soft on puck battles in front of him. A couple of the goals he let in were scrambles in front of the that he could just not get a handle on (nor his defencemen for that matter). He seems to have a hard time tracking the puck when in close. But other than that he's sound, so far good positioning, he's a big guy, so he's a "block" in net. He's made some really nice saves and kept Utica in the games, just the in close stuff is what worries me with him. He kinda reminds me of Nilsson actually.