The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Oct. 17, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

11 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

They look FAR too stationary...no movement.  Maybe swap places once or twice, but that's it.  

I don't know much about it (truth be told), but that's what it looks like to me.

Power play should mean "GO TIME" but it seems like too much "setting up"at times (which, in turn, allows the others guy to also do so).

That's about right. You need to get the defenders moving and be a bit unpredictable, that's how lanes open up and you set up the shot. 

Either that or you put Ferland in the crease and gets your shots through and score on the scramble.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yea a top power play might have been able to put the game away with an opportunity like that.

Thats what they should be striving for. Getting that power play going will be key in making the playoffs.

Definitely need to get something going when you have the man advantage, you can't be having no shots when you have an advantage in games.

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Gotta love our 3 on 3 play.

Dominated possession while getting grade A chances and backchecking hard.

Night and day from the Willie days where we’d defend in overtime. We have the speed and the killer instinct to be effective.

we have the horses, let em ride!

• Upvote 1

Beauty game! Great to see Horvat pop one. 

Demko is incredible!

Great team defense. Three-on-three was superb. 

The only thing that frustrated the heck out of me was seeing Edler continue to be used on that first unit PP, with Hughes waiting on the bench. Get a clue, coach!!!

this win was an eye opener for me. I know our team has improved and so for, but I am extremely impressed with how they handled the Stanley cup champions.

Lets be honest, St.Louis is a good team, their big bodied dmans have tremendous body positioning and stick work, and extremely agile, but what is more fitting then Pettersson and Horvat who were working their asses off on the tying goal, 2 of our future leaders.  Not only that, we tied it, great, we didn't hold back and played for the (point) team pressed on going for the finisher (game winning goal) although we werent able to do it, we had numerous dangerous offensive chances and possession that could have lead to the game winning goal.  We were easily the better team after that.

this is indeed a different group.    a true eye opener for me.  Like we beat L.A and Detroit, great, but this was the real tester and we passed. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

They look FAR too stationary...no movement.  Maybe swap places once or twice, but that's it.  

I don't know much about it (truth be told), but that's what it looks like to me.

Power play should mean "GO TIME" but it seems like too much "setting up"at times (which, in turn, allows the others guy to also do so).

I could not agree more, it almost feels like our coaching staff is working against our players instead of utilizing their talent. Year 1 Boeser was skating with the puck creating open ice, then he fell victim to the system. Year 1 Petterson was doing the same, now he is stationary as well. Year 1 Hughes is still unaffected but give it time before he gets trained into being a pylon.

I don't understand what's going on, but I don't like it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

A lot of talk in the media still that we overpaid for Miller.

I know it’s early but I’m seeing a player that plays a very effective (heavy) 200 foot game, can play on the top line, and is in his prime and signed for 3 more seasons.

How is that not worth a 1st round pick? Because Tampa was supposedly desperate or because Miller is some kind of depth player?

Just like when we drafted Quinn and all we hear is “that’s a small body” “Canucks need to get bigger and faster” 

“Dobson orBouchard would speed up the rebuild much faster”

• Cheers 2