The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Detroit Red Wings | Oct. 22, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, 112 said:

Pettersson is over PPG pace and had two assists tonight. He can play better hockey than this, but it's not fair to say he hasn't been doing much imo.

He is contributing for sure but nowhere near his potential. Not a knock on him just on a cold streak. 

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, billabong said:

Great 20 minute win :lol:

ferland benched in the 3rd, only played 9 minutes. It’s all on him, you never notice him. Schaller and virtanen played 11 minutes and noticed them every shift...good or bad :frantic:

They talked about that in the intermission. Ferland doesn't kill penalties and isn't on the power play.  But Schaller is a key part of the penalty-killing and Jake's on the second power play unit. It's inevitable then that Ferland will have less time than either of the other two

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 112 said:

Pettersson is over PPG pace and had two assists tonight. He can play better hockey than this, but it's not fair to say he hasn't been doing much imo.

He's getting on the scoreboard but I don't think he's playing well at all to start the season.  He's got so much more to give.  Tonight he ended up with 2 assists but his line was hemmed in their own zone for most of the game. I'd actually prefer to see him getting chances and dominating possession without getting any points (as counter-intuitive as it sounds). 

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Marky will be Vezna contender if he keeps playing like this. 

Last half of last season and this season he's lights out.

He’s getting noticed now...moving up rankings and getting frequent props from the media - think if he keeps it up by the New Year someone with influence will say Vezina and JM in the same sentence..

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Petey has 10 points in 9 games.  He’s putting up points, while playing well defensively.  

So to your eye he is playing with confidence?

he has been good but a confident Petey is magnificent. He will be better. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I hope they never stop producing Tiger Shark.  It's become a favourite of mine as well.  Great summer beer.

I will go on record and make a bold claim - it will get cycled out.

Just like Elsinore, Bottle Rocket.. even Phoenix rode the bench for a while